List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see all of the player comparisons to for Brockman. I see a lot of Shai Bolton in the way he plays.

Can u elaborate on the poor agility thing a bit more pls? The way he stepped around a couple at ikon Park suggests its fine to me.

I re-watched the clip and it's the hand-waving when changing direction and the small steps that bother me.
He isn't a smooth mover, and I have a big bias towards players with graceful, balanced movement and athleticism.
On second viewing it's probably what I found most jarring rather than any obvious lack of agility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love clarko but didn't love his love for the list cloggers of the world.

I thought we did well in getting value from a lot of Clarko's "list cloggers". Plenty would have seen blokes like Hale and Henderson as list cloggers but they produced great football for us, and the gambles on Patton and Scully were the smart move despite not actually working out in the end.

I thought we did well in getting value from a lot of Clarko's "list cloggers". Plenty would have seen blokes like Hale and Henderson as list cloggers but they produced great football for us, and the gambles on Patton and Scully were the smart move despite not actually working out in the end.
100% we did.

In saying that, we probs turned a couple of champions into 'cloggers' by playing them a year too long.

100% we did.

In saying that, we probs turned a couple of champions into 'cloggers' by playing them a year too long.

That's where my major issue with Clarko was over the latter part of his career, he did have his favourite players in the end despite their output not quite being where it should be.

A ‘role player’ in a good team quickly becomes a ‘list clogger’ in a poor team. Clarko went for a heap of role players thinking we’d be contending for a flag. Obviously misread our list and now these guys are slowing getting moved on to create space for talented kids to come through. Expect a another cull next year.

A ‘role player’ in a good team quickly becomes a ‘list clogger’ in a poor team. Clarko went for a heap of role players thinking we’d be contending for a flag. Obviously misread our list and now these guys are slowing getting moved on to create space for talented kids to come through. Expect a another cull next year.
The cull started last year under Clarko. From memory we moved on ten. Along with 11 this year, it is around half the list in two off seasons. We aren’t going to do such a large cull again next year unless a lot of what is left on the list proves to be garbage. I’d expect more like the 5.

The cull started last year under Clarko. From memory we moved on ten. Along with 11 this year, it is around half the list in two off seasons. We aren’t going to do such a large cull again next year unless a lot of what is left on the list proves to be garbage. I’d expect more like the 5.
21 players moved on in less than 12 months. It's crazy when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back