List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
List management for 2021 is now done.

We may get some SSP news for 2022, with one spot currently open on the list.

This will be the thread for all list management chat.

I feel this will be the last year of big list changes for a while, an it will be more tweaks moving forward.

It will be intresting to see how the 2022 year pans out.

I believe Sicily, Gunston and Shiels are free agents. Will Sis want to stay? Or look to move to a top 4 finals contender?

Will 2022 be McEvoy and Hartigan last year before retirement? Yes i believe so.

I feel the big name 2021 trade, may well happen in 2022. With player agents having a year to work on it and increased salary to play with again.

Will the fringe players fizzel out or stand UP? The likes of Nash, Howe, Phillips and Morrison would at the very least want above average years.

So looking forward to seeing our new recruits for Boxhill or AFL Hawks.

An the development of Jeka, Lewis, Newcombe, Brockman, Maginness, S.Mitchell, Saunders and Callows has increased my hopes of stealing a few wins, that no one will see coming.

Go the Mighty Hawks.

Who else has been invited down to train other than Fergus Greene?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been an obvious shift towards this for quite a few years now, even as we were trying to top back up into contention with older players we were still bringing in solid younger pieces - unlike the likes of Geelong who have both traded out picks and allowed highly rated youngsters to leave.

Too early to say who might be gone come the end of the season, but I'd suggest that our most at risk from the younger lot are Morrison, Morris and Nash

Morrison and Morris need to find their spots, and Nash needs to find a way to continue his really promising late season form. Nash is the least likely but there are plenty of players who haven't been able to convert strong finishes of one year to strong starts the next.

There's been an obvious shift towards this for quite a few years now, even as we were trying to top back up into contention with older players we were still bringing in solid younger pieces - unlike the likes of Geelong who have both traded out picks and allowed highly rated youngsters to leave.

Too early to say who might be gone come the end of the season, but I'd suggest that our most at risk from the younger lot are Morrison, Morris and Nash

Morrison and Morris need to find their spots, and Nash needs to find a way to continue his really promising late season form. Nash is the least likely but there are plenty of players who haven't been able to convert strong finishes of one year to strong starts the next.

I sort of got the impression that Geelong were prepared to play youngsters more than Hawthorn (and win while doing it), but there don't seem to be many who have prevailed in the best 22.
Just an impression

Are Seamus Mitchell and Jack Saunders completely safe?

Are Seamus Mitchell and Jack Saunders completely safe?

Mitchell yes. The club recruited him knowing he'd probably be missing 12 months of footy. He'll likely be treated as a first year player this season. At worst I'd expect a one year extension.

Saunders yes if his work ethic and improvement stays on the same trajectory.

Will be interesting to see where Morrison fits in Sams plans. Clarko clearly rated him.

Josh Morris form in the back half of the season in defence was excellent. Really clicked for him and showed a lot of promise. Showed he was above that level for mine. Tough back 6 to break into unfortunately for him. Likely needs an injury to get a chance up back or some serious structural change. Need to watch his kicking closely as haven't seen enough to be sure it is good enough.

Agreed on Morris.

Morrison will be an intersting watch in 2022, for mine he's got the ability to be a very consistent player, just not a very flashy one, and he's clearly valued as a leader within the young group. Watching back some of our highlights and games from 2021, Harry had some really good moments where he bodylined the ball in tight, or went forward and was crafty.

I could see Sam being a big fan of him, because he's a kid who's had to work hard to make it, but maybe he just doesn't have enough tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back