Remove this Banner Ad

He also has one of those elite ball winning faces:

71f6d52a0933cc6f7f7e199dc7efd067

3fbb3cc5f406b9de6dd3f41199781123

Matt+Crouch+t5E1Vo1Og8Vm.jpg

mattcrouch_0.jpg

4d26271720253d4c25e8aab250a322f9--south-australia-crows.jpg

Jesus - wear a mouth guard, son.

Such an intelligent mid, his short range kicking is brilliant, very Sam Mitchell like. I also love his attitude in stirring up the oppositions most floghardy players

How do these stats compare to winning awards?
It's a good question, in nearly every other sport these kind of stats are wildly celebrated and a huge source of pride. AFL seems to be more skewed towards awards though.

Still, to say no player in AFL history has ever had more touches in a season then you, it's a nice ace to hold in the pocket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a good question, in nearly every other sport these kind of stats are wildly celebrated and a huge source of pride. AFL seems to be more skewed towards awards though.

Still, to say no player in AFL history has ever had more touches in a season then you, it's a nice ace to hold in the pocket
OK. Thanks for that. I shall rephrase. Of the top 10 how many went on to win a major award in the same season

He seems to be playing with a bit of swagger now too. When he started out he had it, and then kept getting caught, and so there was a period where he was hack kicking out of stoppages. Now he's got his bearings right so he's got more time, in stoppage, and around the ground, and his disposal and d% is improving as a result.

He seems to be playing with a bit of swagger now too. When he started out he had it, and then kept getting caught, and so there was a period where he was hack kicking out of stoppages. Now he's got his bearings right so he's got more time, in stoppage, and around the ground, and his disposal and d% is improving as a result.
He's a bit like Tex how he can stand up in a tackle and get a disposal away.

I remember wandering down to training when we'd picked him up and everyone said he couldn't kick.

I said two things: his kicking is fine, and he's a ball magnet.

The numbers of times i heard people yelling "Crouchy!" to get his attention so he'd kick it to them was phenomenal.

Love that guy.

My exact thoughts too when I first saw him at training in his first preseason.

His kicking is fine in general. In fact when he has time and space, he's pulled off some beautifully weighted kicks to the likes of Tex in the F50 in the last two years.

The kid is quality. He'd easily be in the top 10 if the 2013 draft was re-taken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back