Player Watch Matt Crouch - Re-Signed to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Not too bad for a bloke that was going to struggle to get to 100 AFL games according to a certain poster....
HI,

Cruious as to who this might have been. It certainly wasn't me. I think he's an excellent player and gets lots of the footy but uses it well too. Love him. Thanks

How anyone can't see Matt's creativity and smarts with the ball is beyond me.
He reminds me of some of the classic players that don't have super speed but just make time for themselves.
Smart in traffic, uses the hips perfectly to make opposition second guess which way he's going, makes himself hard to tackle, releases players into smart positions with his hands and decisions, his leg has turned into a reliable weapon.

His style is similar to Greg Williams/Andrew Jarman type of a player.
Something about him often makes me think of A.Jarman, the movement in close especially.

He reminds me of some of the classic players that don't have super speed but just make time for themselves.
Smart in traffic, uses the hips perfectly to make opposition second guess which way he's going, makes himself hard to tackle, releases players into smart positions with his hands and decisions, his leg has turned into a reliable weapon.

Something about him often makes me think of A.Jarman, the movement in close especially.
Hi,

Agree with this. I remember watching Jarman. Matt has more hair though. Also doesn't wear long sleeves and doesn't handball the same. Thank

Hi

In my opinion, Jarman was a tad smoother but I think Matt is more like Tony McGuinness. Maybe its just his left foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have stayed at Sydney, Mitchell thought he was going to a Dynasty, but really it was a sinking ship. And even though the Hawks did ok towards the back half of the year, I doubt their slip down the ladder is over... No 1st this year, lost their on field general's, probably going to have to trade away more vets to get younger players in....

Good call Tommy

Mitchell left because he wanted more cash and more responsibility, at Sydney he was about fifth in line for midfielders, now he's the top dog and can prove to everyone just how good he is, like he has this year.

I wouldn't be too smug about Hawthorn's dip in form either, that club knows how to win and might be back at the top before Mitchell retires.

Mitchell left because he wanted more cash and more responsibility, at Sydney he was about fifth in line for midfielders, now he's the top dog and can prove to everyone just how good he is, like he has this year.

I wouldn't be too smug about Hawthorn's dip in form either, that club knows how to win and might be back at the top before Mitchell retires.
Who care's why he left. The point is he left.

And the Hawks are on Mad Monday, and we are preparing for finals. If there was anytime in the last 10 years to be smug its right now...

Not too bad for a bloke that was going to struggle to get to 100 AFL games according to a certain poster....

Was listening to AA last night and they played a grab from a caller who HAD to have been NT Rabbit. Caller was complaining about Crouch the same way NT Rabbit was. Caught!!!

*Sorry, didn't see this was already posted above.

Who care's why he left. The point is he left.

And the Hawks are on Mad Monday, and we are preparing for finals. If there was anytime in the last 10 years to be smug its right now...

Oh yeah be smug about that, was more saying that Mitchell's decision might not look so bad when it's all said and done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back