Traded Matthew Kennedy [traded to Carlton]

Remove this Banner Ad

Our problem is there's a lack of academy kids, thanks to all the exclusions, and multiple late picks cannot be aggregated, again due to whinging about the academy. So, as we are now rightsized in list numbers & TPP, we actually need to use proper first & second round picks. Unless we disabuse clubs of the expectation that they can trade junk picks to us, our list management will quickly crash. Again, I am not arguing for overs, just fair value. No-one can argue a second round pick isn't fair for Kennedy. If early second is seen as too much (personally I don't), then a third or fourth round coming back to CFC is actually fairest. GWS would probably even accept a lower points value - as with Dev Smith trade - to have the earlier pick, and the returning pick helps CFC with F/S matching.

Lions want him. Will definitely take him before you guys get a shot.

We are only asking for fair value.

You owe us one considering all the cheapys.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Lions have already had enough problems from players who don't want to be there, they are not willingly going to import one who has made it public he wants Carlton.

No, we'll get him.... easily,,,,,,,,, imo.

Oh,we owe you? lol.

Lions have already had enough problems from players who don't want to be there, they are not willingly going to import one who has made it public he wants Carlton.

No, we'll get him.... easily,,,,,,,,, imo.

Oh,we owe you? lol.
You know him personally? Id say uts more money and opportunity.

I dont think its as straight forward and a sure easy thing for the Blues as you think.

Will a deal with the Blues get done? Probably. But it isnt that easy.

He will go to the Blues, we can want him as much as we like but from all reports he doesn't want to to come to us. Unless he has a massive change of heart he will be playing for Carlton next year.

They will trade Gibbs and give something from that to GWS.

He will go to the Blues, we can want him as much as we like but from all reports he doesn't want to to come to us. Unless he has a massive change of heart he will be playing for Carlton next year.

They will trade Gibbs and give something from that to GWS.

Gibbs won’t be leaving Carlton, so Carlton should just do the right thing and pass over their 2018 second pick

Ahh, so when it suits you'll apply the raw numerical values ...
The important pickup was a first round pick that we didn't have. Not so hard to understand, especially for Blues fans who like their first round picks.

Trade could have been done day 1 for fair value. Just saying, if Blues won't give fair value we should talk to Matt to see if he'll go elsewhere. 'Getting done eventually' for pick 40 is not in GWS best interest, and I would be entirely happy for our trading team to play hardball. And now is the time to start laying the ground work.

I reckon he would look good in a Brisbane Lions jumper and its a much better result for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick five will be required to seal Marchbank deal (Waldron, 2016)

Waldron is similarly resolute in his belief that Carlton will have to give up pick five in order to secure the signature of GWS young defender Marchbank, or else he too could be a pre-season draft candidate for the Bombers.

“I think Essendon are the ones licking their chops at the moment, because I hear the Marchbank deal is doubt too,” he said.

“Carlton won’t give (pick) five, so GWS won’t budge.

“Caleb Marchbank led GWS down the path I understand of not sure, not sure, (yet) all along he had done a deal with Carlton.

“I think GWS are saying mate no worries, you want to go there, you make sure we get compensation…if they don’t give five I don’t think he will go there (Carlton).”

Lions want him. Will definitely take him before you guys get a shot.

We are only asking for fair value.

You owe us one considering all the cheapys.

Owe you for what?

When we took them they were nothing but glorified 2nds players you needed to dump the salaries of! This whole forum also says the the same thing but now all of a sudden we owe you???

Lol this place is hilarious!

Owe you for what?

When we took them they were nothing but glorified 2nds players you needed to dump the salaries of! This whole forum also says the the same thing but now all of a sudden we owe you???

Lol this place is hilarious!

The owe part was more humour due to the bargain basement stuff.

I can see youre a bit wound up for that so youre welcome to ignore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back