Toast McRae era (2022-) = see OP

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the McRae era. I think our record flatters us a little, but I'm having a damn fun time watching this side.
Yep seems like there's a great vibe around the club. This season has been fun for the supporters. McRae said from the get go the fans would not be disappointed by the way we played and he's been right.

Another great performance in the post match. He got the journalist to make the complaint about the umpiring of ginnivan....maybe by the end of the year, he'll get the journalists to contact the AFL and make a complaint...

Admitted to having notthing to do with the daicos move which is very trendy and a lot of football fans will feel a bit strange about having a coach who doesnt decide on matchday moves....

I noticed that about the move of Daicos. I was pretty surprised that the other coaches made the call.

I noticed that about the move of Daicos. I was pretty surprised that the other coaches made the call.

I wasnt to tell you the truth. I've thought for some time that he leaves the actual calls on game day to leper and the others in the box. I think they discuss it as a group beforehand about where the players play and the likely moves.

Its interesting that I dont think i've seen the collingwood box once this year.....maybe the contract with the fox/7 is to show the coach....

McRae is a genius.
Why raise the issue of biased umpiring regarding Ginnivan when you can have the questioner spell it out for you.

From the post match presser;

Press. "Ginivan seemed a little hard done by on occasion today. Do you think there has been a little bit of an adjustment?"

McRae. "Do you think he was hard done by?

Press. "I do."

McRae. "OK (pause) In what way?"

Press. "Perhaps a few high free kicks that would perhaps have been paid earlier in the year."

I can't admire the skill involved in this enough.

Another great performance in the post match. He got the journalist to make the complaint about the umpiring of ginnivan....maybe by the end of the year, he'll get the journalists to contact the AFL and make a complaint...

Admitted to having notthing to do with the daicos move which is very trendy and a lot of football fans will feel a bit strange about having a coach who doesnt decide on matchday moves....
Missed this post of yours. In agreement.
McRae is just fantastic at getting the message HE wants across in the pressers.

McRae is a genius.
Why raise the issue of biased umpiring regarding Ginnivan when you can have the questioner spell it out for you.

From the post match presser;

Press. "Ginivan seemed a little hard done by on occasion today. Do you think there has been a little bit of an adjustment?"

McRae. "Do you think he was hard done by?

Press. "I do."

McRae. "OK (pause) In what way?"

Press. "Perhaps a few high free kicks that would perhaps have been paid earlier in the year."

I can't admire the skill involved in this enough.

This is such a school teacher move... "Tell me what you think". Brilliant.

Missed this post of yours. In agreement.
McRae is just fantastic at getting the message HE wants across in the pressers.

hardly comments on the match..... never comments about anything outside the club......the most controversial thing he has said was that he was going to the afl to clarify matters about ginnivan and by monday, he said the issue was dead...

if this isnt the best PR coach the pies could have, i dont know who it would be.

He has run an almost single message since day 1 of being the best we can be...yada yada....every week the same thing....

He's got an interesting couple of days to navigate the media questions (which he has done with distinction thus far):

• Tonight at 4:00 PM his fortnightly spot on SEN
  • Tomorrow at his weekly presser

The questions will likely be around JDG and his future, Grundy and his future and how he handles the speculation in an environment.

He's got an interesting couple of days to navigate the media questions (which he has done with distinction thus far):

• Tonight at 4:00 PM his fortnightly spot on SEN
  • Tomorrow at his weekly presser

The questions will likely be around JDG and his future, Grundy and his future and how he handles the speculation in an environment.

plus he's going to be quizzed about the ducking rule and the fact that he stated previously that it was a skill......

just listened to the mcrae on sen..... what a piece of fluff that is. Andy thingo is such a wimp. Anyway, it wasn't even a challenge for craig. Andy admitted that mcrae only agreed to do the regular program if they didnt talk about specific collingwood issues..... how vanilla is that.. A light gloss over on grundy and another on jack...and the fly walks out of the studio smelling like roses.... too easy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving what I've heard about the vibe at the club embracing a country footy feel where the players families are embraced.

it's a great idea and so easily to set up.......probably used at one of three coaches previous clubs.... but it makes you wonder why all the clubs dont do it.

i liked the press conference today... He batted away most of the stuff pretty easily. Five minutes after watching it, I cant really remember anything he said...which is a pretty good method of judging how well he went. He seemed more relaxed today and a nice smile to finish it off.

i liked the press conference today... He batted away most of the stuff pretty easily. Five minutes after watching it, I cant really remember anything he said...which is a pretty good method of judging how well he went. He seemed more relaxed today and a nice smile to finish it off.

And he snuck in a reference to Choco Williams coaching him at Glenelg.

Journo asks him if he needs to coach Ginnovan to modify his style and stop dropping his knees.

Flys response was along the lines of “Choco told me at Glenelg, it’s hard to tackle a short bloke. So make it your advantage. It’s a skill to be able to get frees for high tackles”.

This bloke is the best. He’s worked under, praised, the best coaches in AFL history and has no problem telling people what he learnt from them.

Then Fly comes out with the tweet to end all tweets saying he is in “awe of this teams will to win”… be still my beating heart…

A man that was part of the greatest team since the Machine is in awe of the 2022 Collingwood … oh my … it’s like
This guy gets being coach of Collingwood isn’t about his “legacy” or s**t interviews on SEN with Gerard Wheatley…

The man loves winning and bringing the best out of individuals to help team success. No ego. No need for Graham Wright to hold his hand in the coaching box. Just focused on teaching winning.

I say it again, I’m a broken record. Peter Murphy and Licca, thank you for contribution to the Collingwood football club.

Fly is the best thing to happen to Collingwood since Malthouse was hired. Hopefully turns out to be even better hire than Malthouse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
And he snuck in a reference to Choco Williams coaching him at Glenelg.

Journo asks him if he needs to coach Ginnovan to modify his style and stop dropping his knees.

Flys response was along the lines of “Choco told me at Glenelg, it’s hard to tackle a short bloke. So make it your advantage. It’s a skill to be able to get frees for high tackles”.

This bloke is the best. He’s worked under, praised, the best coaches in AFL history and has no problem telling people what he learnt from them.

Then Fly comes out with the tweet to end all tweets saying he is in “awe of this teams will to win”… be still my beating heart…

A man that was part of the greatest team since the Machine is in awe of the 2022 Collingwood … oh my … it’s like
This guy gets being coach of Collingwood isn’t about his “legacy” or s**t interviews on SEN with Gerard Wheatley…

The man loves winning and bringing the best out of individuals to help team success. No ego. No need for Graham Wright to hold his hand in the coaching box. Just focused on teaching winning.

I say it again, I’m a broken record. Peter Murphy and Licca, thank you for contribution to the Collingwood football club.

Fly is the best thing to happen to Collingwood since Malthouse was hired. Hopefully turns out to be even better hire than Malthouse.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its easy to tweet anything. The trick is to get people to believe that you believe it..... obviously he's got you won over.

I agree that he doesnt need graham wright to hold his hand in the coaching box because he's not in the box. He limits himself to one on one coaching aand leaves the strategic stuff to lepa and the bolt.

If you listen to his last spot with andy maher, maher reveals that mcrae agreed to do the regular spot as long as he wasnt asked about specific players.....I think thats a telling revelation...... maher is a lap dog who runs a frothy lightweight show and i think that suits mcrae and how he wants to portray his coaching...lots of general themes and positivity.

I dont know about no ego but he is willing to share the spotlight.

Finally, while i like his appointment as most pie fans do, i think graham wright was the turning point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back