Prediction Melbourne, the next dynasty club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why you are going on about this - you seem to be looking for an argument that's not there.

I merely asked on what basis you claimed "The Melbourne-Hawthorn merger was seen very much like the Brisbane-Fitzroy merger, it was a takeover."

I said that the Brisbane-Fitzroy 'merger' and what was going to be the Melbourne-Hawthorn merger were nothing alike.

You disputed that.

Maybe go wind yourself up and sook about Fitzroy not existing somewhere else, because I'm not interested.

It was you who compared the two...not me. Then you asked "Maybe you tell me why they were different if you are the expert.

So I pointed you to a couple of previous explanations I've made.

Its more about the desire and drive, were they happy to just win 1 or do they want to push to be remembered as a great side. I see them more as a West Coast 06, 07 side.

Cute…we all now have do the double or the treble to be good enough…

Hey, whoa back Nelly, don't blame me, i'm only trying to keep up with such luminaries such as Adam Cooney etc etc.

Nothing like going the early crow but this was the most dominant finals series performance since the bombers in 2000 and with a list demographic that lines up favourably with both the Hawks in 12 and Cats in 07, I really cant see this side not winning at least another 2 flags with the current group.
No side since the Cats in 07 would have got close to the Dees on Saturday night, absolute beast mode.
Lol

To finish second at the end of the Home and Away season after winning a premiership, and to remain in the Top 4 of the competition for every round for two consecutive seasons is very impressive I think.

Back 2 back premierships aren't easy to achieve- no current coach has taken their team to b2b premierships over a 23 round season. It is hard to stay fit, healthy, "switched on!", motivated for that long, and sadly, my beloved Melbourne Demons were not able to. We had some very tired and sore boys on Friday night. There will be some learnings to learn from this season, in fact many learnings possibly.

I'm not sure if we can win another one, but I don't think we're going to Bulldogs it and turn into s**t like they did after 2016 either.

To finish second at the end of the Home and Away season after winning a premiership, and to remain in the Top 4 of the competition for every round for two consecutive seasons is very impressive I think.

Back 2 back premierships aren't easy to achieve- no current coach has taken their team to b2b premierships over a 23 round season. It is hard to stay fit, healthy, "switched on!", motivated for that long, and sadly, my beloved Melbourne Demons were not able to. We had some very tired and sore boys on Friday night. There will be some learnings to learn from this season, in fact many learnings possibly.

I'm not sure if we can win another one, but I don't think we're going to Bulldogs it and turn into s**t like they did after 2016 either.
Not exactly a dynasty though is it? As so many of your players and fans were talking about post 2021. Who knows, there's still time but it didn't look like it from round 10 onwards.

Talk the talk, walk the walk.

I think it will be just like the Bulldogs 2016 dynasty.
Dogs couldn't even make finals the year after.

And since then they've had players drive into parked cars smashed, photographed themselves with baggies and got caught on camera snorting drugs and passing out drunk on the street, coach had a melt in the presser and blamed a journo for leaking team sheet info (lol), soiled themselves five years later in their next grand final appearance and had 100 points kicked onto them in the blink of an eye, then followed that season up by holding a team to a single behind for almost all of a half of footy before somehow managing to lose.

Sadly we're miles off that benchmark.

Not exactly a dynasty though is it?
Depends if we win the next couple or not :p

And since then they've had players drive into parked cars smashed, photographed themselves with baggies and got caught on camera snorting drugs and passing out drunk on the street, coach had a melt in the presser and blamed a journo for leaking team sheet info (lol), soiled themselves five years later in their next grand final appearance and had 100 points kicked onto them in the blink of an eye, then followed that season up by holding a team to a single behind for almost all of a half of footy before somehow managing to lose.

Depends if we win the next couple or not :p
Why are you talking about the Bulldogs post 2016? This embarrassing thread is about Melbourne 2021 onwards. Who, by the way, have not got a perfect record off field either. Both 1 flag each too.

Why are you talking about the Bulldogs post 2016?
I was responding to a poster who said that our "dynasty" was like the Dogs "dynasty". That should have been pretty obvious by the fact I quoted said poster.

This embarrassing thread is about Melbourne 2021 onwards.
Have a sook mate. You were the one that bumped this year old thread, no point complaining about people wanting to post in it now.

FWIW I think it is a little bit sad you had nothing better to do than look for year old threads about Melbourne to bump, because there's been no shortage of them since we lost, but thanks all the same, I love reminiscing on how we broke your club :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was responding to a poster who said that our "dynasty" was like the Dogs "dynasty". That should have been pretty obvious by the fact I quoted said poster.

Have a sook mate. You were the one that bumped this year old thread, no point complaining about people wanting to post in it now.

FWIW I think it is a little bit sad you had nothing better to do than look for year old threads about Melbourne to bump, because there's been no shortage of them since we lost, but thanks all the same, I love reminiscing on how we broke your club :)
Don't remember any Bulldogs fans starting any "dynasty" threads after we won the flag, nor any players immediately using those words post grand final. Pretty funny in hindsight when you drop out straight sets the following year. Certainly not having a sook, just enjoying the schadenfreude :)

Teams have off years. It happens. We were bad when it mattered. Very bad. We’ve every chance of sorting our issues and winning a flag next year.

Why would you bump this?

You were hardly bad tho 10-0 then had a slight dip which happens to all teams.

Some reason we have your measure at the MCG then you should of beaten Brisbane but were woefully wasted ur best 2 players were severly compromised.

Because it's funny to see after all of the arrogance. Sure you beat my team last year, well done. That's not a dynasty though is it.
Go to our board. No arrogance. Most people have been rubbishing us all year, we’ve been average and we’ve had heaps of issues. Writing was on the wall after the Fremantle loss at the G. Exposed, no response. We should have made so many changes, but Goodwin didn’t respond and I think Gawn dropped away.

They’ve got to fix it, asap, because our core group is very good.

You were hardly bad tho 10-0 then had a slight dip which happens to all teams.

Some reason we have your measure at the MCG then you should of beaten Brisbane but were woefully wasted ur best 2 players were severly compromised.
We had huge issues exposed post first loss to Fremantle. Nobody really paid attention to it but we never addressed it and it festered until it became a huge handbrake.

Yep, miles off the Bulldogs. You were far more embarrassing.

received_5611235778899877.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back