Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I met Heath Scotland and Gary Ablett Jnr in an elevator at ethiad last year. I have also seen Adam Goodes a fair bit around Ballarat after his retirement. He was working on a house building a fence. I also recently saw Zac Smith and Rhys Stanley in Ocean Grove. All pretty boring apart from having a chat to heath scotland and Gablett

I met Heath Scotland and Gary Ablett Jnr in an elevator at ethiad last year. I have also seen Adam Goodes a fair bit around Ballarat after his retirement. He was working on a house building a fence. I also recently saw Zac Smith and Rhys Stanley in Ocean Grove. All pretty boring apart from having a chat to heath scotland and Gablett
Do you think Adam could've got over the fence?

You should have booed him

I see Spud Firrito around a fair bit, including at a farmers market this morning. I reckon that's pretty boring...

'saw Cam Ellis-Yolmen with his missus grabbing some mung at Lai Thai in Westfield Marion roughly two years back.

Neither spoke a word to each other the entire time. Didn't even discuss menu options. They looked more like they were gonna jab the forks in each other instead of the food.

Not sure what they ordered in the end, but my laksa was superb.

I used to live in an apartment across from the fox footy studios in south melb. So I'd have non exciting sightings of all those fox footy flogs but I'd always see kingy and dermy the most.

I've seen kingy in full flight, wearing tights, going for a run with a good looking broad. He did that whole, stop at a crossing but keep moving thing like this
giphy.gif

Once I was at the mini mart under my complex and dermy was walking out of there with a six pack of crownies in a placcy bag for the lads.

Great thread! Some of mine...

Used to live next to Glenn Lovett of the Dees in the mid 90's when I lived in Carnegie. I'd play kick to kick with my old man in the backyard and if the ball went over the fence Glenn would handball it or kick it over - great times.

Ran into Luke Hodge & Brad Sewell last year at Malvern Central. Didn't say anything.
Also ran into Taylor Adams at Malvern Central's bread aisle - he definitely skips leg day.
Said hello to Ron Barrassi at the Saints v Swans preliminary final in 2005. Nice bloke.
My Collingwood supporting mate's step dad is Joffa from the Pies cheer squad - met him a few times, lovely guy despite what people may think.
Met alot of Saints players over the years.

Last edited:
I saw Scott Cummings having a kick to kick with some kids this morning when dropping my daughter off at school. He actually looks slimmer than in his playing days.

Oh, and Bob Murphy has a daughter in the same ballet class as mine so I see him from time to time.

At the end of the year they hand out medals to all the kids. I spent two months trying to convince my 6 year old daughter that she should invite Bob on to the stage at the presentation and attempt to give her medal to him but she just said I was silly.

Oh, and Bob Murphy has a daughter in the same ballet class as mine so I see him from time to time.

At the end of the year they hand out medals to all the kids. I spent two months trying to convince my 6 year old daughter that she should invite Bob on to the stage at the presentation and attempt to give her medal to him but she just said I was silly.

I'm surprised Bob didn't just get up there without the invite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that Fitness First in Richmond? I've seen him there. I think he has a sleeve tatt now.

I see him at Vic Gardens and the surrounding area quite a bit.

Come to think of it I've also had boring sightings of the following at Vic Gardens:

Easton Wood
Mason Cox
Alan Toovey
Jesse Hogan
Jack Fitzpatrick

Chris Goulding
Dan Christian

And a few others I can't recall.

Saw Nathan Jones in Mentone Woolies, didn't have a cart or basket and empty hands. Not sure what he was doing there.

Also saw Ricky Ponting walk past my work a few months back, couldn't see his face until he got really close to me (i'm short-sighted) but recognised his walk and swagger from 100m away.

I see him at Vic Gardens and the surrounding area quite a bit.

Come to think of it I've also had boring sightings of the following at Vic Gardens:

Easton Wood
Mason Cox
Alan Toovey
Jesse Hogan
Jack Fitzpatrick

Chris Goulding
Dan Christian

And a few others I can't recall.
Yeah the Victoria Gardens gym is where I saw him. The time I saw him was on a weekend and only a few hours before he appeared on my TV as a boundary rider at Etihad. Must be a cruisy gig that one.
BTW Vic Gardens Fitness First is an amazing gym, Baz has good taste.

Saw Ron Barrassi at the Royal Military College Duntroon Officers Mess. s**t my pants. By the time I got the courage up to say g'day he'd left....

Yeah the Victoria Gardens gym is where I saw him. The time I saw him was on a weekend and only a few hours before he appeared on my TV as a boundary rider at Etihad. Must be a cruisy gig that one.
BTW Vic Gardens Fitness First is an amazing gym, Baz has good taste.

It's very well fitted out but my god way too busy. I live just across the road but I use the small gym in my apartment complex instead.

Not necessarily a football player but a few years ago I was a delivery driver and dropped off some package at Mike Hussey's house in Perth. This was back when we used paper consignment notes, normally you got the person to write their name and sign underneath, but not me.

Got him to just sign, got back in my truck and wrote Mr Cricket as the name instead, thought I was pretty clever and told myself I'd keep it as a memento. Not sure where it is now maybe in storage, he was a nice bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back