Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

About a decade ago now, a mate and I went to the Boxing Day Test. Day 2 from memory. We were on our way to the bar and in the opposite direction along came Matthew Richardson. My mate said 'Richo!', to which Richo responded 'How are we boys?' and kept on walking. I said nothing.

We actually noticed a little later that he was sitting a few rows from us, but he didn't look over. I don't think he remembered us.

About a decade ago now, a mate and I went to the Boxing Day Test. Day 2 from memory. We were on our way to the bar and in the opposite direction along came Matthew Richardson. My mate said 'Richo!', to which Richo responded 'How are we boys?' and kept on walking. I said nothing.

Bit rude. He did ask you a question after all. Could've answered the man. :p

Many years ago, there used to be a 7/11 at the corner of Barker's Rd and High St in Kew, near the tram depot. It may still be there, I don't know. One weeknight, about 11pm, I stopped there on my way home to buy something. I stood behind another tall customer, who had arrived just before me in a beaten up old Falcon wagon. He had a gruff voice, but I couldn't see his face. When he turned around, it was the actor Gerard Kennedy. He'd been a hero of mine as a kid. I was dumbstruck, and didn't say anything as he walked past me and out of my life. Asking any footy-related questions didn't cross my mind. I live with the trauma of this pseudo-meeting to this day. I wish I knew who he barracked for... or something.

2010/11 Boxing Day test I followed 'Fitzy' into the G, he was part of a group who were semi-dressed up/in character of some sort. Dressed in green colors I believe.

I remember the day as we got pumped by the poms, the weather was inclement at times.

I left before stumps.

This one time....I was driving my vehicle.....down a road....and
Thompson_140px.jpg
stepped out in front of me.....I did not hit him....we both continued on with our days as we where....

When i was walking out of my La Trobe class at around 12:32 on Thursday i saw Sam Rowe walking down the hallway carrying a textbook. The subject on the textbook looked like Commerce but cannot confirm.

Was having a family lunch in a pub at Strathfieldsaye yesterday and Mark Jacko Jackson came into the pub carrying a huge framed Carlton commemorative poster thing. He had a can of Schweppes lemonade.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

When i was walking out of my La Trobe class at around 12:32 on Thursday i saw Sam Rowe walking down the hallway carrying a textbook. The subject on the textbook looked like Commerce but cannot confirm.
What room and hallway? Asking for a friend... .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ran into Wayne Carey this morning outside of Channel 7 on the way to work and got a photo. Parking meter wasn't working for him. I can't confirm or deny, I caught the train.

Yeah I know. It all happened so quickly though.

Hang on, it’s a form of acknowledgment framed as rhetorical question. Surely Richo would know you don’t have to answer it. There must have been some other reason for snubbing you guys. Needs more investigation.

Went out to watch Essendon play in the VFL some time back and Kyle Reimers was playing. Everyone was bringing it in for the quarter time huddle and Kyle jogs in, heads straight up to the assistant coach and asks how many disposals he had that quarter. The coach said "I don't know Kyle" before turning away to talk to someone else.

Went out to watch Essendon play in the VFL some time back and Kyle Reimers was playing. Everyone was bringing it in for the quarter time huddle and Kyle jogs in, heads straight up to the assistant coach and asks how many disposals he had that quarter. The coach said "I don't know Kyle" before turning away to talk to someone else.
To be fair I think we already knew that Essendon's record keeping at that time wasn't ideal.

Going back a few years, but I was sitting at a red light when a pretty beaten up commodore pulls up next to me and revs its engine as if they wanted a race (strange considering I was in a Ford Courier) I look in the window and its Ronnie Burns driving with some other fellow inn the passenger side. Gave me a good laugh!

Also once met a very young Daisy Thomas at a pub in Philip Island. Fair to say he had had a few and also fair to say he LOVED a punt! Very friendly guy though.

Last year, I saw Jack Riewoldt at Woollies in Bellerive. He had a hoodie on. He had the hood pulled over his eyes and a scarf covering his lower face. I thought to myself “I know you’re Jack Riewoldt, Jack, you can’t hide from me”. I don’t know what he bought

Remove this Banner Ad

Back