Toast Nathan Jones - 200 games

Remove this Banner Ad

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Will Jones play this week, or will they rest him to have his 200th at 'home' against the Giants?

If he plays, it'll be his 200th game. Only the 25th Melbourne player to get there. He has been incredibly durable throughout his career and at this stage it looks like he still has quite a few years left him too. Could could push past McDonald, Green and Febey in the top 5.

Onya skip!

Will Jones play this week, or will they rest him to have his 200th at 'home' against the Giants?

If he plays, it'll be his 200th game. Only the 25th Melbourne player to get there. He has been incredibly durable throughout his career and at this stage it looks like he still has quite a few years left him too. Could could push past McDonald, Green and Febey in the top 5.

Onya skip!

Will play, he won't want to be rested.

Doubt he will be, but Id like to see him rested, looks to be carrying something anyway and could do with a week off. Jonesy's 200th would be the only reason Id bother making the trek to Jihad Stadium.

200 (mostly) solid games for the club during this era has been a great achievement.

Over the journey, not only has he improved immensely but he has been one of our most positive players when many around him floundered.

Well done Chunk!

Well done to Jones, stood up for us through so many lost causes. Playing away at Freo when top spot is on the line is unfortunately fitting.

If they want more than 5000 people at our round 23 game maybe they should force him to rest?

Could be a total embarrassment for the club and the AFL. I'm assuming we will get absolutely smacked this weekend. If that happens, No one in their right mind would want to go to this game. They will only get over 10,000 there if they open the gates and let people in for free. Even then, why would you bother.

BTW - Congrats to Nathan Jones. Stood up and also stayed(unlike other scum) during really dark days. Heart and Soul of this football club and desperately needs other blokes to stand up with him.

This has given me a reason to go to the game this week.

No mean feat to play 200 games, and others have pointed out, he's stuck around through lean times when others have walked away. Congrats Chunk!

Really it's quite fitting that Jones has to front up on his 200th like this... shame for him, but the story of his career so far. Here's to him playing in another 100 for plenty more wins than he has had so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without the skill level he is the modern day Robbie Flower single handedly carrying a team during its darkest days
His career almost mimics Flowers in that Flower never played a final until his last season, and Jones played 2 in hist first and none for the next 8 years with every chance we might not make it again until his last

Good effort Chunk, a bigger heart than the rest of the club combined at times

He'd been outstanding for 3 and a half years prior to his current form slump, and I just hope the other 21 who go out there against Freo show him the respect his Triple B&F, 200 game career deserves by putting up a fierce, 4 quarter effort. We shall see...

I've been critical of his output this year (Not his leadership), perhaps he is carrying an injury. One thing is for sure though, we still rely on him a hell of a lot. Look at all our wins, at worst he is in our best 6 players and at best he IS our best player (Not quite sure what it is but he loves to play against Richmond). He wins so many crucial contested balls and doesn't kick a lot of goals but kicks then when he is required to.

Like others have already said, I just hope we can reward him with some sort of success before his career is out.

What he has done during some of the club's darkest ever years should not be downplayed. Well done and thanks, Chunk.

Here's hoping there is enough backbone left amongst his teammates to put in a decent performance for him this weekend.

He deserves everything. Such a fighter. Hasn't had the greatest year but fast becoming my most favourite MFC player of all time. He wont go anywhere. To keep sticking around after the last 8 years is a testimony to his character. Would walk straight in to any clubs best 10 players, let alone best 22.

Hang in there Nate, Finals footy is coming to you mate.

Whoever made the video tried to get a bit too fancy but it's not bad.. I love the touch at 2:30 with the commentator talking about his 'poor skills' around the ground. Then it shows him hitting up Hogan inside 50 with some fancy footwork.

Nathan Jones highlights video posted by MFC-
http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2015-08-28/nathan-jones-highlights
That Video is pretty bad in terms of doing to much.

Anyway well done chunk well deserved and i hope theres a hundred more in you

That Video is pretty bad in terms of doing to much.

Anyway well done chunk well deserved and i hope theres a hundred more in you

Yeah music was way too loud and they cut too early/too late on most of the clips. I hate to be super critical but there is no reason to have music that loud in a footy highlights video, the commentary with background music is always the way to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back