Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 83 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Given over 70% of games Daicos has played in have been wins, I wonder what the perception of a player who only won 35% of the games they have played in (referencing Carlton's fearless leader) would be?
He has entered collingwood at a good time. There's no way that 70% stays that high if he is around in 10 years .
Cripps joined Carlton at the start of a rebuild of course his win % would be much lower. What is Cripps win % since Naicos started ? Would be a fairer indication don't you think ?? Your cross referencing is stupid to say the least. Actually thought you were smarter than that, but perhaps I gave you some undeserving credit earlier on.

So you’re saying he’s like Dylan Shiel …nothing but a receiver off others courageous hard work ..exempt from tackling duties …but a better kicker of the ball?
Yeah, we have one of those players at Carlton named Sam Docherty who makes those around him better. It's lovely

He has entered collingwood at a good time. There's no way that 70% stays that high if he is around in 10 years .
Cripps joined Carlton at the start of a rebuild of course his win % would be much lower. What is Cripps win % since Naicos started ? Would be a fairer indication don't you think ?? Your cross referencing is stupid to say the least. Actually thought you were smarter than that, but perhaps I gave you some undeserving credit earlier on.
Um, I'm not the poster who stated most games Daicos plays in are losses...

So you’re saying he’s like Dylan Shiel …nothing but a receiver off others courageous hard work ..exempt from tackling duties …but a better kicker of the ball?
In Dylan Shiel's best seasons he was always one of the best clearance players in the league, one of the best center square players at his best.

I had the pleasure of watching the GOAT live last night. Someone made the comp to Tom Rockliff, which only Lions fans may understand and which I think is a good one.

He had a dozen or so really good possessions but the rest were pure junk time stuff which didn’t help progress Collingwood at all. Demanding cheap sideways handballs or kicks and the wrap around on the mark.

If you strip away the junk he is on par with someone like Cheezles from North. He’s basically doing what you’d expect a top draftee to be doing.

What an even more stupid comment.

My post read "last year he was the first player the opposition tried to stop"
Now seeing as we won the flag last year, stating mostly lose, is just pure Carlton envious stupidity.

Thanks for playing though.
Haha - enjoy the win mate.

It must be a relief, for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said it before, I'll say it again.
What daicos does well, which is receiving the hand all, running, and hitting targets, he does bloody amazingly. There is nothing wrong with that

He has massive flaws in his game, and I feel like Collingwood are playing him in positions he isn't ready for, or may never be right to play in.

This isn’t a bad thing.
He’s elite with ball in hand under no pressure.
Half back is his go, with kick in duties at every opportunity. Plays to his strengths in setting up the game for his side.

Nothing wrong with it at all. Swans played Blakey everywhere before figuring out that half back was his ideal position. Some players are just suited to that role, especially if they are not players who have a super strong contested game but are elite by foot.

So the smiley face attached to it went over your head then ?
Clear taking the piss
Right.

So firstly no evidence of anyone saying 'Daicos mainly plays in losses' to 'oh yeah, he said it but it was clearly a joke....'

Just letting you know we're not joking about your captain's 35% win rate. It's factual, we don't need to 'imagine' it...

Right.

So firstly no evidence of anyone saying 'Daicos mainly plays in losses' to 'oh yeah, he said it but it was clearly a joke....'

Just letting you know we're not joking about your captain's 35% win rate. It's factual, we don't need to 'imagine' it...
Don't get all touchy.
Cripps win rate since Daicos debut is 57%. No need to go back further if you are making comparisons.

In Dylan Shiel's best seasons he was always one of the best clearance players in the league, one of the best center square players at his best.
No he wasn’t.

He’s good at seagulling and receiving from others who work harder.

Like Nick, Dylan avoids contact at all costs, has no knowledge of how to break a tackle and doesn’t like tackling other humans himself.

But 98% of the BF Essendon board think sheil is an all round elite footballer. Much the same with Nicky and his followers.

Elite runner, though dunno his body type is suited to that much surge running in his 12-14k’s a game with some history in his knee already.

Might have to not let any of that def responsibility stuff bog him down if he wants to stay on track to be the greatest chip scab of all time.
I’ll be looking forward to watching him next 4-5 games.

Back