List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traitorous scum
Hope the 'bull' gets cleaned up by the utensil with a hard run down tackle show him how its done
our supporters generally dont boo (kelly, chappy , SJ , GAJ) but i reckon we boo the crap out him next year. wouldn't be surprised if the captain tears into him tbh.

I'd say Caddy is very unlikely to attract any scorn from Geelong fans.

A) He was never really loved or ever disliked in his Geelong days. He was a very bland presence for the majority of his time at the club.
B) He did not initiate the move to leave us.
C) He has gone to club who has literally beaten us 4-5 times in 25 years, so the level of animosity to Richmond is just not there.
D) the players seem to like him, so unlikely to be on field ill will.

our supporters generally dont boo (kelly, chappy , SJ , GAJ) but i reckon we boo the crap out him next year. wouldn't be surprised if the captain tears into him tbh.

No one would have any reason to boo Kelly, Chapman or SJ. They were club champions pushed out by the club who found a way to prolong their careers at other clubs. There's really no reason to hold any resentment toward them at all for that.

It's really not Caddy's fault that he left, either, so don't know why he'd be worthy of any more vitriol than normal. Christensen would be the most worthy recipient of recent years.

I'd say Caddy is very unlikely to attract any scorn from Geelong fans.

A) He was never really loved or ever disliked in his Geelong days. He was a very bland presence for the majority of his time at the club.
B) He did not initiate the move to leave us.
C) He has gone to club who has literally beaten us 4-5 times in 25 years, so the level of animosity to Richmond is just not there.
D) the players seem to like him, so unlikely to be on field ill will.
Point b is wrong, he made the call to go, we did not initiate, Tigers did.

No one would have any reason to boo Kelly, Chapman or SJ. They were club champions pushed out by the club who found a way to prolong their careers at other clubs. There's really no reason to hold any resentment toward them at all for that.

It's really not Caddy's fault that he left, either, so don't know why he'd be worthy of any more vitriol than normal. Christensen would be the most worthy recipient of recent years.
hows it not caddys fault, he accepted an offer by Richmond??

He was contracted and Geelong accepted unders for him. Geelong was responsible for the move.
Equal parts responsibility. We didn't have to trade him and he didn't have to say yes to leaving.
Don't pin this all on the club.

Equal parts responsibility. We didn't have to trade him and he didn't have to say yes to leaving.
Don't pin this all on the club.

The club didn't have to trade him and he wasn't dying to leave. If Geelong didn't want him to go, they didn't have to. The trade is on the club, especially given they provoked Richmond's interest in Caddy by entertaining trade talk pertaining to Deledio.

The club didn't have to trade him and he wasn't dying to leave. If Geelong didn't want him to go, they didn't have to. The trade is on the club, especially given they provoked Richmond's interest in Caddy by entertaining trade talk pertaining to Deledio.
Bullshit. He didn't have to say yes.

Crap.. He had the choice and said he wanted to go, hence his manager rocking up last day of trade period. We let him go because he wanted to leave, all be it for unders.. So stuff him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crap.. He had the choice and said he wanted to go, hence his manager rocking up last day of trade period. We let him go because he wanted to leave, all be it for unders.. So stuff him
He had the choice because we gave him the choice. We were not obligated to do this.

Sometimes I think it's much easier to just blame one player rather than blaming the whole club.

I do agree though, stuff him!

The club was the only actor capable of executing the deal. If they wanted to keep him, they could have very easily done so.
Hence....
Equal parts responsibility.

You can crap on all you like, it's still a two way street. Contracts give protections to not just players but clubs also.
To see a contracted player leave BOTH parties have to agreed to it. Don't even try and pretend that's not the case.

Hence....

You can crap on all you like, it's still a two way street. Contracts give protections to not just players but clubs also.
To see a contracted player leave BOTH parties have to agreed to it. Don't even try and pretend that's not the case.

Just because a player is willing to move does not mean the club is obligated to do it. Geelong was not required to trade him, yet they did it anyway. Therefore, responsibility is on the club for making the deal.

Is this going to make 100 pages now on the chicken and egg principle...?

He's gone.

Go Catters

I suspect SJ will also target him; Caddy thought this year that SJ was targeting him on purpose because SJ doesn't like him; so we'll see if he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect SJ will also target him; Caddy thought this year that SJ was targeting him on purpose because SJ doesn't like him; so we'll see if he does.

Grossly overrated. 'Targeting' in the modern game seems to consist of a mildly unpleasant shove. Not sure exactly what people think Johnson or anyone else is going to do. The answer is likely to be nothing.

Grossly overrated. 'Targeting' in the modern game seems to consist of a mildly unpleasant shove. Not sure exactly what people think Johnson or anyone else is going to do. The answer is likely to be nothing.

Agreed. But Caddy thought according to SJ that he was after him, which Stevie denied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back