List Mgmt. Official 2016 trade period discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD EDIT - BLATENT TROLLING WILL GET YOU TIME OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but that youth is s**t youth.
That too was proven, 1-2 decent players then potatoes. Who cares what end of the draft they were in, they're crap players.

Based on a few years in the system and limited games at AFL level? I'm sure outside perceptions of Lang and Cockatoo aren't high based on exposed form, either.

And yet our club has still won more Premierships. :) #staysalty #thanksforcaddy #howsdeledio
Sorry but your club is not important enough to create a rivalry with Geelong, your still on the shelf of insignificance with Melbourne and port Adelaide as well as throw in Brisbane.

Carry on your mediocre ways and stop wasting our time coming over. We worry about quality teams, when the season starts nobody loses sleep over Richmond.

Based on a few years in the system and limited games at AFL level? I'm sure outside perceptions of Lang and Cockatoo aren't high based on exposed form, either.

Yeah but they're our players, so they just have to be better. Hopefully they will be.

Suspect that Lang's an outside chance to inherit the whipping boy mantle as well.

Yep, from a few, and they were wrong all year. As for Cockatoo, he may go past him but that's yet to be proven.

He was solid at best with quite a few below par games this year. He was a champion player and nothing taking away from him. He Sinply was well past it in 16 and just became a role player, not an influencing force. He will not leave a big depleting hole.

Where have I said our depth is great?
You reeled off a lot of young players. Bar a couple of decent players the rest are meh or plain s**t.

Their youth are rubbish.

I thought that might be Bews. Time will tell !
I think we've probably got enough in the team to keep the Negative Nancy's happy.

Kolo, Blitz, Guthrie, Mackie, etc..

I personally would like Lang to get enough game time before he can make the list, surely there has to be some sort of qualifying period before he can be whipped?

I think we've probably got enough in the team to keep the Negative Nancy's happy.

I personally would like Lang to get enough game time before he can make the list, surely there has to be some sort of qualifying period before he can be whipped?

He'd be closing in. Drafted in 2013, so he's had 3 full seasons there now. Give it another 12 months and I think it's a safe bet.

not sure - I've seen quite a few negative comments about Buzza already, wowser .........

He'd be closing in. Drafted in 2013, so he's had 3 full seasons there now. Give it another 12 months and I think it's a safe bet.
Just looked at his career stats, he played 20 games in 2015 and only 13 this year, compared to Josh Cowan who has hardly got on the park for the past 6 years. It's almost like because Cowan has been injured so much he isn't going to get the whipping boy status (not that he deserves it mind you, i don't like to point fingers at specific players if the whole team is failing).

Most posters here had Cowan as the 22nd player each week but you never saw much actual complaining about him.

Just looked at his career stats, he played 20 games in 2015 and only 13 this year, compared to Josh Cowan who has hardly got on the park for the past 6 years. It's almost like because Cowan has been injured so much he isn't going to get the whipping boy status (not that he deserves it mind you, i don't like to point fingers at specific players if the whole team is failing).

Most posters here had Cowan as the 22nd player each week but you never saw much actual complaining about him.

I'd argue it's because people want to see him get a game so it justifies the extraordinary faith that's been shown in him. As if the act of simply getting out there is good enough.

You're right though, there was no one player to blame for the Prelim final. Problem was there were about 18 of them.

I'd argue it's because people want to see him get a game so it justifies the extraordinary faith that's been shown in him. As if the act of simply getting out there is good enough.

You're right though, there was no one player to blame for the Prelim final. Problem was there were about 18 of them.
Are you serious? It wasn't the players fault, it was Chris Scott because he doesn't know how to prepare the players after a bye.

Or so people would have you believe...

The thing that gets me is yes, players do have bad moments or bad quarters or sometimes even a stinker of a game. Very rarely though will that one players actions over the course of a game contribute to that win/loss. There are 44 players involved and a handful of umpires that control and influence the result so why do we even have a 'whipping boy'? It's such a negative mentality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that gets me is yes, players do have bad moments or bad quarters or sometimes even a stinker of a game. Very rarely though will that one players actions over the course of a game contribute to that win/loss. There are 44 players involved and a handful of umpires that control and influence the result so why do we even have a 'whipping boy'? It's such a negative mentality

Because you can blame it on a player you hate, and delude yourself into thinking that we would have won, if not for whipping boy / umpires / AFL conspiracy (utterly ridiculous but always hilarious) / 6-day break / fixture / extra bye week and so on.

Always easier to make excuses than to face reality.

Then why are you jerking off to thought of their alleged superior youth.
He's put himself into an infinite loop. And he's trying to bring you into it with him.

The following sentence is true. The preceding sentence is false.

The Hawks youth are more talented. The Hawks youth are not talented enough to play AFL. But they are more talented. But they are not talented enough to get a game. And so on. Forever.

Biggy the philosopher.

This is what happens when you chat with strangers on the internet who value quantity and repetition over logic and remembering what they are arguing about.

He just did his job every week and tried as hard as possible. And didn't seem to be afraid of trying something.

I did hear that he fell over a fair bit, but I really can't remember that too much.

He's put himself into an infinite loop. And he's trying to bring you into it with him.

The following sentence is true. The preceding sentence is false.

The Hawks youth are more talented. The Hawks youth are not talented enough to play AFL. But they are more talented. But they are not talented enough to get a game. And so on. Forever.

Biggy the philosopher.

This is what happens when you chat with strangers on the internet who value quantity and repetition over logic and remembering what they are arguing about.

I will put it to you like this mate,

If you saw some of these people in real life, it would all of a sudden make sense. It wouldn't be far off the apple tree of street talk

I will put it to you like this mate,

If you saw some of these people in real life, it would all of a sudden make sense. It wouldn't be far off the apple tree of street talk

You're right. It's easy to forget, when you are communicating with effortless ease across kilometres through thin air, screen to screen.

Now I realise that these damaged apples also got access to cheap computers and internet and could launch their thoughts at strangers on the world wide web, like they used to throw their own effluent at motorists passing through their shanty towns in their fancy horseless carriages.

He just did his job every week and tried as hard as possible. And didn't seem to be afraid of trying something.

I did hear that he fell over a fair bit, but I really can't remember that too much.
He did do his job, some posters were very complimentary about his teamwork and playing his role and i certainly can't complain with his efforts. It was more that every Thursday leading up to team selection almost every week it was "OUT : Cowan, IN : Someone else" purely for the fact people saw him as the 23rd player rather than in the first 22. Yet he never copped whipping boy status...

Sort of can see that..I think it was a little greyer than that.. He was no instant improve like Menzel but one could see he was no liability. I just get the feeling he will always be playing catch up to where he might have been.

If we lose Stanley and Smith to injury, does that mean Blicavs and Buzza as the Ruck/CHF combo? Good lord.

I guess Stanley, Smith and Blicavs are pretty durable, so we may not see that combo yet.

I think House is an absolute certainty now to be rookie drafted... It would be pretty safe to rookie him, I doubt many clubs would be interested in his services come National Draft time.

If we lose Stanley and Smith to injury, does that mean Blicavs and Buzza as the Ruck/CHF combo? Good lord.

I guess Stanley, Smith and Blicavs are pretty durable, so we may not see that combo yet.

I think House is an absolute certainty now to be rookie drafted... It would be pretty safe to rookie him, I doubt many clubs would be interested in his services come National Draft time.
Not trying to have a dig at Buzza, but I think he needs another season in the VFL system before the big league...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back