List Mgmt. Official 2016 trade period discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a case for Geelong considering Andrejs Everitt? Carlton have delisted him, and he can kick a goal (bloody hell don't Geelong know that!) But do 'Only against Geelong' players work when they are picked up by us?

He's a poor mans Westhoff, or a really poor mans Blicsavs depending how he's played. Plus simply too old to be a fringe / VFL player.

With all our outs what kind of coin have we saved (almost looks as if weve lost about 2mil but i could be well off the mark i have no idea what theyd be on)? Seems like a fair bit of coin has moved out with not alot coming in.
Do we hold out for a big fish next year?
Do we try and resign Motlop to a year extension just incase the trade table was a wake up call?
Jimmy Bartel (ret)
Zac Bates (del)
Josh Caddy (trd)
Mitch Clark (del)
Jock Cornell (del)
Cameron Delaney (del)

Corey Enright (ret)
Shane Kersten (trd)
Padraig Lucey (del)
Tom Read (del)

Billie Smedts (trd)
Nathan Vardy (trd)

I didn't realise he'd done two ACL's. For a big guy, that's not ideal.

Yes he has but if he wanted us and was available and we had the means we would take him for sure. His form last years was really showing him coming into that prime age and experience. But its fantasy stuff , he will be with GWS for a while now..why would he move

Yes he has but if he wanted us and was available and we had the means we would take him for sure. His form last years was really showing him coming into that prime age and experience. But its fantasy stuff , he will be with GWS for a while now..why would he move

Apparently he bought a house in Richmond, that would explain seeing him last night. We're neighbors! :p

He's only contracted for 2017..

That being said, he didn't look that great this season, I didn't watch a lot of GWS though. For the games I did see, he looked quite timid.

Apparently he bought a house in Richmond, that would explain seeing him last night. We're neighbors! :p

That being said, he didn't look that great this season, I didn't watch a lot of GWS though. For the games I did see, he looked quite timid.
Patton? He was great this season in the games I watched. He is still learning his position and having done two ACL's set him back a little bit, but I reckon he'll be as good as Jonathan Brown was in a couple of years

View attachment 304781

Luxford been delisted.
Really happy with that decision as IMO he isn't an AFL footballer.
Hope we grab a few DFA and go to the draft and get some gems.

In Wells we trust
To me that confirms two things at least, Lonergan will play on and Ruggles will be upgraded, I also think we'll go with a 39/5 roster, meaning we'll use picks 24, 38, 42, 64, 72 and 74 (Ruggles) in the ND and we'll likely pick up one DFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I see a lot of footy.. not all the games but a lot. Patton to me looked ready to really come of age. he basically moved in front of Cameron. Would he perfect for us now. No but still i be very happy if he was ours.

To me that confirms two things at least, Lonergan will play on and Ruggles will be upgraded, I also think we'll go with a 39/5 roster, meaning we'll use picks 24, 38, 42, 64, 72 and 74 (Ruggles) in the ND and we'll likely pick up one DFA.

I agree with that except i think 72 or whatever our last pick is will be sam simpson.

Patton? He was great this season in the games I watched. He is still learning his position and having done two ACL's set him back a little bit, but I reckon he'll be as good as Jonathan Brown was in a couple of years

Yep, as I said I only watched a few, clearly I wasn't paying attention though if you're saying he was great!

Hopefully he doesn't have any more injury setbacks.

I think you're on the money mate, what worries me is thinking of next year. Drafting 5 in the national locks up our list because the ND has a 2 year minimum contract. When we look at next year and assuming we'll take in 3 picks who are we likely to delist/retire? Lonergan - obviously, GHS? Murdoch?

I see to much upside in Cunico if his body holds up and if Parsons keep developing rapidly we may even look to upgrade him.

I think you're on the money mate, what worries me is thinking of next year. Drafting 5 in the national locks up our list because the ND has a 2 year minimum contract. When we look at next year and assuming we'll take in 3 picks who are we likely to delist/retire? Lonergan - obviously, GHS? Murdoch?

I see to much upside in Cunico if his body holds up and if Parsons keep developing rapidly we may even look to upgrade him.

Lonergan and mackie will go next year surely and motlop menzel and cowan will all be free agents next year. Murdoch and ghs are under contract til end 2018.

Lonergan and mackie will go next year surely and motlop menzel and cowan will all be free agents next year. Murdoch and ghs are under contract til end 2018.
I thought they both ended at the end of 2017? Agreed on Lonergan and Mackie, definitely their last years 2017.

Whoa whoa whoa calm down there, he is a bloody long way off ever being as good as Browny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back