Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

CatToTheFuture

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey Cats fans. I hope it's ok I post in here (I couldn’t find a media or season review thread).

In our latest podcast my mate and I do, we continue our 2020 club reviews, discussing Geelong this time.

From the 23.24min mark, we talk about the year the Cats had.

Give it a listen if you have a spare 20mins & wanting to consume some external opinions on your club while you patiently wait for 2021 to kick-off.

Footy Focus Podcast Ep 32 – 2021 – Club Reviews – Carlton Blues & Geelong Cats

Recorded on the 22nd January 2021

- What worked, what failed, who deserves a pay rise & who needs a big 2021
- Plus, key list changes, our best 22, grade for 2020 & 2021 projection

Geelong @ 23.24
- Another outstanding year, however, sense of déjà vu in GF vs Tigers
- Positives & negatives from shortened season with travel as guns honoured in BnF finish & AA squad
- Midfield support for ‘Dangerwood’ arrives in many forms & fresh faces continue to develop
- Steven retires with 9 games as a Cat while speed out of defence one of few weaknesses
- Naks’ impressed by Parfitt’s year while Shez applauds Menagola’s AA quality season
- Familiar whipping boys Stanley & Rohan in the gun, even after better seasons
- Holmes to provide MAXimum dash, Neale needs time to develop as No 1 ruck & is Stevens another Wells gem draft pick?
- High profile recruits certain starters, but can Stephens, De Koning, Ratugolea etc push for best 22 spots
Will give it a listen when I get home mate cheers for generating the content

dazbroncos

Max Rooke Appreciation Society
Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles and Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Red Bull Racing
Eddie..." this is a great day for the Pies..."

Think Capt Cook said the same thing landing it Botany Bay

Didnt age so well on this front.

Might want to think a little harder.

On a more serious note _ i get what he is saying. Need to address the issues and fix them. I respect that.

However, you cant just ignore the last 100 years and say from now on we are the leaders and getting it right.

Look forward sure - but pay homage to the past and especially those that were done wrong by it. And he's missed that completely it seems.

GO CAtters

CatToTheFuture

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong

On a more serious note _ i get what he is saying. Need to address the issues and fix them. I respect that.

However, you cant just ignore the last 100 years and say from now on we are the leaders and getting it right.

Look forward sure - but pay homage to the past and especially those that were done wrong by it. And he's missed that completely it seems.

GO CAtters
Would gladly put money against the truth of anything that comes out of Mr McGuire's mouth. Zero credibility.

CatToTheFuture

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Agree, the man is a great self promoter, but a shithouse apologiser.
It's so transparently about moving the narrative every time. Just acknowledge to problem for exactly one sentence, then dismiss it a having been solved, slap each other on the back having done nothing, then migrate to undermining the initial problem. Goodes all over again. Makes me sick

Partridge

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

GO CAtters
I respect Cook a lot more than McGuire to be honest.

ATSAM

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Put Andrew O'Keefe in charge of the domestic violence arm. Worked well last time.
Strangely enough it appears that CH 7 have wasted no time in dealing with the O'Keefe matter. At this stage he has not been found guilty. Strangely enough the AFL and the Collingwood Football Club have not dealt with the de Goey matter in the same way. Nor did they deal with the St Kilda matter of some years ago.

Turkey Tom

Premium Platinum
Oct 1, 2003
next Tuesday
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Strangely enough it appears that CH 7 have wasted no time in dealing with the O'Keefe matter. At this stage he has not been found guilty. Strangely enough the AFL and the Collingwood Football Club have not dealt with the de Goey matter in the same way. Nor did they deal with the St Kilda matter of some years ago.
On the Sounding Board podcast with Hutchy and Damo this week they mentioned O'Keefe is passing. It may not be his first 'off field' issue going on what they were saying. In general they were saying how good the TV PR departments have been in covering up issues, and he was mentioned as an example.

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
The other thing to note with O'Keefe is that he was out of contract with 7 at the end of last year and it seems uncertain if they were going to renew his contract - not sure if this was necessarily the final nail in the coffin or if that decision has already been made but this made it easier for 7 to go public on cutting ties with O'Keefe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ATSAM

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
The other thing to note with O'Keefe is that he was out of contract with 7 at the end of last year and it seems uncertain if they were going to renew his contract - not sure if this was necessarily the final nail in the coffin or if that decision has already been made but this made it easier for 7 to go public on cutting ties with O'Keefe
Yes he seems that his Contractw as severed last year. The issue now for CH 7 is if he is found guilty do they play the pr-recorded episodes.

Catman

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2000
In a premiership drought
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
LUFC/MSRLC/MVFC
Found this on a thread on the main board where clubs have been given a Misery Index score. This is from a Carlton fan

Haven' 'ignored' anything - Geelong were certainly the best side of that time- bigger/stronger/faster and bigger again are the words that come to mind - way way way ahead of every other side in the competition as far as team fitness and strength and speed all over the park - amazing huh ....just amazing the sports 'scientist' and 'conditioner' employed there by BomberT certainly knew what they were doing...so far ahead of every other team's fitness regime...

I guess if 'whatever it takes' to make fans happy is fair - then Geelong fans should be happy.
Not very subtle, but also ironic that Carlton fans have the temerity to accuse other clubs of cheating when their last flag came from blatant salary cap rorting.

Down at K Park

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Found this on a thread on the main board where clubs have been given a Misery Index score. This is from a Carlton fan

Not very subtle, but also ironic that Carlton fans have the temerity to accuse other clubs of cheating when their last flag came from blatant salary cap rorting.
Also ironic it was on a misery index thread, cause that's one miserable little flog :drunk:

Stocks_go_Up

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Carltank supporters are a special bunch... Ice enjoyed smashing them over such a long period, there is a part of them that still thinks they are relevant lol

Remove this Banner Ad