• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The other thing we have in our favour re Clarkson is that we have Shaun Burgoyne on staff. He and Clarko are extremely tight.

A lot of clubs would stab their coaches in the back if it means getting Clarko.

Freo did it to Mark Harvey to get Ross Lyon and Carlton did it to Brett Ratten because Mick Malthouse was available.

Ok, so just to back up what Papa G posted on the last page, i was just on the phone with a friend who would also know if Clarkson had bought a house at Henley Beach. He confirmed it's true. Said it's a $2 mil house, not 4.

Yeah the house is a maisonette. Despite being on the beach and the ridiculous house prices $4 did sound ludicrous. It looks like a 2- 2.5 mill house.

A lot of clubs would stab their coaches in the back if it means getting Clarko.

Freo did it to Mark Harvey to get Ross Lyon and Carlton did it to Brett Ratten because Mick Malthouse was available.
A lot of clubs, but probably not us. We've shown that we're happy to stuff around with Hinkley while opportunities pass us by.

Yeah the house is a maisonette. Despite being on the beach and the ridiculous house prices $4 did sound ludicrous. It looks like a 2- 2.5 mill house.

Not that everything goes on there, but the only recently sold property on The Esplanade on realestate.com is 1.5 mil.

I really really want to get my hopes up. Clarkson with our list....

All signs point to "yes".

However, i wouldn't count out the crows making him a massive offer. They'd drop Nicks in a flash if they could get their mitts on Clarkson, and they'd be just the mob to go and do it these days.
I'd be gobsmacked if he ended up at the crows - they're nowhere near a flag.

As has already been suggested by others, I too can't see a coach with the profile of Clarkson getting involved with the club while Koch is president, the bloke has too many other options, and even though Kennett could be a bit of a d*ck head when Clarko was at the hawks he was a vastly different kettle of fish to the kokmeister.

Of course the board is backing in Hinkley. Would be odd if they weren’t. They extended his contract, he made a prelim, would be strange to then cut him loose. That doesn’t mean they won’t reconsider the situation in the latter half of the season, finals or not.

Clarko is the kind of coach that will bring a team and he won’t interview, he would approach the club he chooses.

He has stated he doesn’t want to rebuild a club but rather wants to take someone near to a flag.

There are plenty of sides in that situation - bulldogs, port, saints, Freo, Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane, Carlton. Maybe the suns and maybe GWS. Let’s face it he isn’t going to Sydney, Lions, Freo, Brisbane, Carlton (he said no already) or the bulldogs. Geelong, Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond will need a rebuild/Reno- he ain’t going there. GWS will turn around quickly but the suns have major cultural and list issues to overcome - I don’t think he heads the the suns. It wouldn’t surprise if he came to port, the saints or the the giants. All three are around the mark, can be readily tailored to his game plan and will bend to his way fairly quickly.

Also why the Buckley love? He was involved in a dark period in Collingwood’s history, had well noted coaching style issues, is set in Melbourne, and doesn’t have a huge resume of coaching success.

Of course the board is backing in Hinkley. Would be odd if they weren’t. They extended his contract, he made a prelim, would be strange to then cut him loose. That doesn’t mean they won’t reconsider the situation in the latter half of the season, finals or not.

Clarko is the kind of coach that will bring a team and he won’t interview, he would approach the club he chooses.

He has stated he doesn’t want to rebuild a club but rather wants to take someone near to a flag.

There are plenty of sides in that situation - bulldogs, port, saints, Freo, Geelong, Sydney, Brisbane, Carlton. Maybe the suns and maybe GWS. Let’s face it he isn’t going to Sydney, Lions, Freo, Brisbane, Carlton (he said no already) or the bulldogs. Geelong, Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond will need a rebuild/Reno- he ain’t going there. GWS will turn around quickly but the suns have major cultural and list issues to overcome - I don’t think he heads the the suns. It wouldn’t surprise if he came to port, the saints or the the giants. All three are around the mark, can be readily tailored to his game plan and will bend to his way fairly quickly.

Also why the Buckley love? He was involved in a dark period in Collingwood’s history, had well noted coaching style issues, is set in Melbourne, and doesn’t have a huge resume of coaching success.
Hinkley has performance clauses in the contract that means next year is not a given in contract terms.

I'd say it's a finals trigger for 2023, we are not in any way a given to make finals.

Not that everything goes on there, but the only recently sold property on The Esplanade on realestate.com is 1.5 mil.

I really really want to get my hopes up. Clarkson with our list....

May not have settled as yet.

Asking and getting 2 million may not be the same thing. A bit like Collingwood 6 footers of years gone by that were 5.10.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can the performance clause for this extension be to just make finals? I both cannot and absolutely do believe it could be the case, though.
Caro stated there were performance triggers in his contract earlier in the year when we were mates with Owen, I'm basing my opinion on our limp noodle head office that finals is the scrape in pass mark.

A lot of clubs, but probably not us. We've shown that we're happy to stuff around with Hinkley while opportunities pass us by.
Yeah. I get the feeling clarkson could walk in to port Adelaide and offer to coach for minimum wage and the board would hesitate because they were scared of having to actually tell ken he's sacked

Smart move by GWS, get the first Choice on prospective coaches and first crack at clarko

meanwhile we are asleep at the wheel, with everybody’s mate Kenny

Hinkley has performance clauses in the contract that means next year is not a given in contract terms.

I'd say it's a finals trigger for 2023, we are not in any way a given to make finals.
And with the Covid rules even if he does trigger it’s only a 6 month pay out. The $400 we’d have to play Ken would be a fraction of what we’d make in memberships sponsorship if we could land Clarkson.

My understanding is grand final or he is gonski. Previous extension was making finals this one is more.

Maybe (tongue in cheek) we would be better without Clarkson just imagine we win a couple of premierships.... The happy clappers would literally be mind blown... 🤯 The genius of Hinkley... But 3 flags with Clarkson.. they wouldn't be able to handle it.

Back