• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but we need to pay Hinkley out, thats the problem. We're losing millions wither way. Question is do we want it to be his pay out, or loss in membership revenue. If not for the BS AFL tax for exceeding footy department spend (surely payouts should be exempt) id sack him today.

All making contract payouts part of your soft cap spend does is stop clubs from making progress and dumping the people who are holding the club down.
Then we need to hope ken sees the writing on the wall and leaves himself. Maybe those close to him may have an influence. If he coaches next year he will be very unhappy in his job regardless of the money. Sack hinkley banners will only be the beginning. I hoping he will come home from the club one night feeling so glum Donna might make the decesion for him

Then we need to hope ken sees the writing on the wall and leaves himself. Maybe those close to him may have an influence. If he coaches next year he will be very unhappy in his job regardless of the money. Sack hinkley banners will only be the beginning. I hoping he will come home from the club one night feeling so glum Donna might make the decesion for him

Yea, i am hopefull. But its a huge amount of money he is on. He will never see that kind of salary again.

Our only real hope of him going before his contact is out would be a club Carlton offering him the senior coaching gig with enough years that it outweighs the loss in salary. Maybe then we'll agree to a smaller payout.

Thankfully the last year (is apparently) performance based so if's clear to him he wont be meeting the triggers maybe he walks, but again that is reliant on another club offering him a good enough deal. Maybe long term senior assistant role.

The reason the media don’t come down hard on Ken is two fold:
Nationally... it’s because ‘Kenny’ is such a nice bloke (case in point - the way they carry on about him on 360)
Locally... it’s because the ‘Adelaide-centric’ media know that with Kern continuing at the helm, we will never fulfill our potential as a team and club on the National stage - mission accomplished!

Reason why South Australian media won’t hold ken accountable is very simple they want ken to still be coach because they know it keeps Port as non performers and not a threat.

I guarantee if the crows had 7 years of Hinkley oh wait ken would of been turfed out after 2017 or sooner and the media would of crucified him

Yes but we need to pay Hinkley out, thats the problem. We're losing millions wither way. Question is do we want it to be his pay out, or loss in membership revenue. If not for the BS AFL tax for exceeding footy department spend (surely payouts should be exempt) id sack him today.

All making contract payouts part of your soft cap spend does is stop clubs from making progress and dumping the people who are holding the club down.

If we pay Hinkley out we lose a known amount. Don't sack him and we'll continue to lose members and they may never return. The right move is quite obvious.

Voss is senior assistant and currently out ranks Schofield so yes you’d expect him to got the caretaker role - that does not mean he’ll get the Senior gig in a new season.

Voss taking over would be crazy he's a spud just like Ken. Those two and Davies need to be shown the door fast

James Hird should put his hand up to be our coach.

5AA won't ask him a hard question and Cornes will lead the rehabilitation posse.

The interstate media will fawn over the appointment as the final redemption of Essendon and laud us as a progressive thinking club.

Paddy might not be too thrilled though.

Guys.

If we sack Ken, we have KT and Koch to select the new coach.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel. Only darkness.

Hinkley going means at least on it not both of these two will go with i'm. No doubt a very big part of why they don't want to move him on. Covering their own assess. Hinkley going now is undeniable proof his extension was gross negligence by those two (and all involved)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley going means at least on it not both of these two will go with i'm. No doubt a very big part of why they don't want to move him on. Covering their own assess. Hinkley going now is undeniable proof his extension was gross negligence by those two (and all involved)

As a result. Hinkley won't go. Atleast not this year.

Ryder: 234 games, 1xAA, 33 hit outs.
Lycett: 83 games, 1x Premiership, 17 hit outs.
vs
O'Brien: 8 games, 34 hit outs.

Pyke: 7 Showdowns, 6 wins, 1 loss.
Hinkley: 13 Showdowns, 5 wins, 8 losses.

Back