• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really care to be honest as long as the line coaches have either recent elite playing experience on their line or have proven themselves as an assistant on their line.

So if we elevated Schofield I'd want someone to replace him with midfield coach experience.

I'd either sack Bassett or move him back to the defensive group.

The forwards are learning forward craft from people with no forward experience.

I’d rather we just clear Hinkley’s desk, send him on his way and promote Schofield. Hinkley’s contract can run its course without him ever setting foot in the club again.

Fire Hinkley and Bassett now. Then:

HC: Voss
Senior: Schofield
Forwards: Chad
Mids: Thommo
Backs: Montgomery

Do this and see how it goes. We have GC, Saints, and the bye. The time is perfect for it.

Voss as head coach would be as bad as Hinkley. No thanks. Both need to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Schofield as head coach, monty,brogan, thommo as line coaches all of hinkley, voss and bass to go and a new coaching director. Would we look at trying to get richo back after he gets the chop from the saints. I think that role suits richo better than a head coach role?

HInkley is not getting sacked. Cant afford to do it. Only way he goes is if he falls on his sword....
There has been rumors for a while that the last year of his current contract 2021 is a trigger year that has a clause attached to it. So we may only have to pay out 2020. If thats the case this will be the busiest thread come end of august. Ken cannot coach in 2020

How much would his contract be worth? Say its 750k per year, thats only 1.5 million over two years - does not seem a huge amount in the context of modern AFL - its about $30 per member
Has implications on Soft cap. I just dont think its viable financially. He needs to quit if we are to have a new coach.

We buckled when we re-signed him. Mistake was made there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss as head coach would be as bad as Hinkley. No thanks. Both need to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think he will go, but I would give him a shot. The season is dead anyway.

Doing a bloody good job at Gold Coast with their list
Hes the fat man with the golden touch. Just look what he pulled out of his ass in the 2008 GF...and he could be doing it for us now. Meanwhile we have a man bereft of ideas, who all but walked out on us, is likely medicated and who loves the punt. You're a good bloke Kenny but the only time you have been kissed on the dick is when Kochy came chasing you with that fat contract extension

Last edited:
Has implications on Soft cap. I just dont think its viable financially. He needs to quit if we are to have a new coach.

We buckled when we re-signed him. Mistake was made there.
Arsene - you seem to be a man in the know - does anyone on the inside retain their faith in ken? Or is it that we are just in so deep nothing can be done? And was it ken that wanted AJ in?

The longer we keep ken the more damage will be done

The club will be unrecognisable by 2022.

If we can’t sack him, destroy him.

Dead serious.

Remove all his power. Make it clear if he doesn’t leave he will regret it and will be unemployable by the time his contract ends

I actually think he would be a good assistant coach somewhere and that is his level. If he runs to his last year I imagine we them take the hit and sack him then and he never works again.

If I was Port I'd certainly be giving Alastair Clarkson a call to see if there's any way he can get out of Hawthorn early. It's clear they're in a rebuilding process and he's not overly keen on it. Our team on paper has a great balance of older vets with youth coming through. If we had a half decent coach we would be bona fide top 4 contenders this year.

Hinkley has to go though, there are no doubts about it.

If I was Port I'd certainly be giving Alastair Clarkson a call to see if there's any way he can get out of Hawthorn early. It's clear they're in a rebuilding process and he's not overly keen on it. Our team on paper has a great balance of older vets with youth coming through. If we had a half decent coach we would be bona fide top 4 contenders this year.

Hinkley has to go though, there are no doubts about it.

Our list is pretty crap

Gray, Westhoff, broadbent and ryder on last legs
Watts and Dixon both close to the end with a long recovery ahead
Rocky and boak ageing with a few weeks of quality in years
Wines becoming our Shaun macmanus
Hartlett injury prone

We have some exciting youth but more players are falling from the perch than being developed

Our list is pretty crap

Hartlett injury prone

We have some exciting youth but more players are falling from the perch than being developed

I think our list would not be nearly looked at as negatively had we had a coach who devised a gameplan that accentuated the strengths of it.

There is a reason that no matter who we play over the last 5 years, the classic bomb it long on top of our players' heads sees identical results.

Our list is pretty crap

Hartlett injury prone

Nah bullshit our list is excellent

The coach and selection policy is ****ed

Back