Rumour Busted Patrick Cripps heading home to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Step 1: become a beloved player at a historic club
Step 2: sign contract extensions to show the club how keen you are
Step 3: request a trade 'home' (lol) with two years left because reasons.

Makes sense.
Errr...bryce gibbs???

Errr...bryce gibbs???

Good point, and I guess there may be something behind the scenes family-wise for Cripps, BUT Gibbs and Cripps are at very different life stages and with different needs (Gibbs wife being from SA too, unsure of whether Cripps has a serious partner, if any at all).

Really wouldn't make much sense for Cripps to want out at the end of 2017.
Suppose stranger things have happened.

Cripps is from Geraldton area anyway, it's not like moving to Perth will be like being home again.
Went to boarding school so not as though he wouldn't consider Perth home now.

This is total bogus though, everything I've heard about him suggests he's very happy in Melbourne/at Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps, Not saying he's credible at all just seems like an odd thing to say for him. Has he previously made calls like this?

I mean if Scoop made this call we would all laugh.

In my eyes, he hasn't much credibility at all. His recent Hird article was simply pathetic and arrogantly attention-seeking.

Errr...bryce gibbs???
Haha fair call ;)

For mine, the two situations are similar on face value but not once you look into them deeper. Gibbs, depending on what story you like, was either feeling the pressure from his spouse to make a move due to family reasons or simply chasing one last big windfall of cash through a new contract. Maybe both.

On the other hand, Cripps in still in the early stages of his career, doesn't have 'home' anywhere near Perth really and the story doesn't come with any particular reasons like Gibbs' did. From all reports previously, the guy loves being in Melbourne and at Carlton. Things can change of course.

The two players are at opposite situations when it comes to seeing success at Carlton too. Cripps is here for the rise of the club (all things going well) and Gibbs will be lucky to be playing his best footy when that happens in 2-3 years.

Wait and see, I guess, but seems highly unlikely at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back