Rumour Patrick Cripps will go home to WA if Carlton miss the finals in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

if only WC had every good player - maybe they could actually win something eh? :thumbsu:
Since Cripps joined Carlton, WC have won more flags than he's played finals. He's wasted at a small, struggling club like Carlton.

How many teams have "won something" more recently than WC? Richmond, anyone else? Certainly not Carlton.

Last edited:
Since Cripps joined Carlton, WC have won more flags than he's played finals. He's wasted at a small, struggling club like Carlton.

How many teams have "won something" more recently than WC? Richmond, anyone else? Certainly not Carlton.

Where would the footuy world be without your insight?

Where would the footuy world be without your insight?
As barren as Cripps' performance in finals.

Remind me, how did he go for the Blues in finals? Cripps is a wonderful player. I imagine he's stepped up in September.

Oh wait... he's never played a final? How come? Because Carlton have been irrelevant for his career to date?

Are you the new North Melbourne?

Last edited:
Freo’s best forward is 27 year-old Matt Taberner, who just celebrated a career best goal tally of 29.

Coincidentally his brain fade in the last 30 seconds of our round 12 match was the catalyst in a chain of events that led to Carlton’s last second miracle goal.

Now Hogan has left it’s pretty clear who’s forwardline really sucks.
Don’t get me started on the cheating umpires who gave you the shot on goal. The rules clearly state that if a down field free kick is paid, but the kick goes out on the full, the free kick comes back to where player kicked from, shot should have been taken from 65m out on the wing!

What a champion he was - totally wasted out in the West! :p
Although your comment is obviously tongue in cheek, it should be pointed out that Fremantle competed in 15 finals during the course of Pavlich's career and he captained the Dockers to the 2013 GF. Fremantle also made the preliminary final stage in two other years when Pavlich was playing. Compare that to the 11 finals Carlton played over the course of Pavlich's career and the furthest they went while Pav was in the league was a single preliminary final appearance in the year 2000. If anything, the argument should be that Judd was completely wasted when he headed east to Carlton. He managed 6 finals (4 EFs & 2 SFs) in his 8 years at Carlton. Compare that to his Eagles years where he played 11 finals in 6 years, 2 of which were GFs.

Don’t get me started on the cheating umpires who gave you the shot on goal. The rules clearly state that if a down field free kick is paid, but the kick goes out on the full, the free kick comes back to where player kicked from, shot should have been taken from 65m out on the wing!
Can anyone else hear that violin 🎻 ?

You 'clearly' need to read those rules again

1611864537939.png

Considering Carlton are already paying Cripps a million a year, I find it hard to believe there is any offer that we wouldn’t match
so Sydney offer the best part of $10m over 7 years...what do Carlton do? Only one club has ever matched (GWS) and that's because Geelong don't offer overs for Free Agents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowee this 'interesting thread' seems to have excited a bunch of chest puffing Wet toasters big time!

Reminds me a bit of Adelaide fans fawning over getting Gibbs to go to them as the 'missing piece' really.

Be patient fellas - we will send Cripps back when he is done for a couple of top10 picks and you will get exactly what you paid for - in 5 years or so.

Pfffttt... no chance. Judd was 24 and the best midfielder in the league.

Obviously that's not going to happen.
Judd chose Carlton and there was no matching of contracts back then we also had pick 1 in the ND so there was no leverage for the Eagles.

The price required for West Coast to get Cripps would be greater than what you paid for Kelly, because Cripps is a level above him.

Two firsts and a good player is more than fair for an MVP

I've already said it before that I don't think he's going anywhere.

Now Carlton fans stating otherwise, If you match a free agency bid to force a trade it will only be under the scenario that the team getting the player can pay you more than free agency compensation.

1. West Coast can't trade their first round pick this year.
2. West Coast don't have any interstate players of the right age or profile to be worth a first round pick.

There is no even remotely conceivable way that the WCE could ever offer you 2 first round picks and a young best 22 player.

So before making demands on something that is unlikely to even happen at least make sure that what you would ask for is actually possible, because it's not.

Don't think he leaves but wouldn't mind seeing him in Freo colours alongside Fyfe at all.
Fyfe, Cripps, Brayshaw, Cerra

That is a mean midfield, would dominate the clearance. Problem is other than Cerra the other three are ordinary kicks

Having said that you could play Fyfe is a forward who pinch hits in the midfield

Wowee this 'interesting thread' seems to have excited a bunch of chest puffing Wet toasters big time!

Reminds me a bit of Adelaide fans fawning over getting Gibbs to go to them as the 'missing piece' really.

Be patient fellas - we will send Cripps back when he is done for a couple of top10 picks and you will get exactly what you paid for - in 5 years or so.
Will he have played a final by then?

You 'clearly' need to read those rules again

View attachment 1047493
Did you read that?

“shall be taken where it is awarded or where it is at the time it was awarded”
It was awarded on the wing, at the time it was awarded it was about 10m forward of that having just left the boot.
The free was taken from where the ball was at the time the down field umpire realised the central umpire had awarded a dodgy free kick, after he’d awarded a free kick for out on the full.
nothing there suggests the free kick should have been taken from where the freo player had the ball in hand.
had there been an off the ball incident at the time the freo player had the ball in hand the free should have been taken from that location, but the free was awarded 20 seconds before that, on the wing!

Think those in charge of Carlton are smarter than that. His next contract will be a big one, I’m tipping 7 years, which should see his career out - revered and remembered fondly by supporters. I’m hoping it’s the Blues and he sees his career out at one club.

If he decides to go to a WA club that would be the worst possible result for Carlton, regardless of the picks or players they end up getting in return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back