Universal Love Pick #2 - Welcome Andrew Brayshaw - 2022 AFLPA MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at the game and watched Brayshaw closely. Only messed up one kick and aside from that was very creative with his possessions. Had 15 of them at half time. Gutted what happened. He looked like finishing the season off strongly.
If you were at the game, can you settle this argument. Were you and the people around you aware of the incident?

If you were at the game, can you settle this argument. Were you and the people around you aware of the incident?
I saw the incident. I then went straight to my phone and soon after watched footage. Then I told everyone around me that Gaff would be targeted by all Freo players because of a horrible punch to young Brayshaw.

A few rows behind me were the biggest w***er E-girl supporters known to man. Some of what was said to young Andy whilst he writhed in pain on the ground was distasteful. Then despite me telling him loud and clear what happened he continued with the most discolourful language my 7-year old boy witnessed directed at the likes of Johnson, Grey, Walters, Ballers etc. thereafter. They all particularly dislike Neale and loved him getting beat up.

To be fair the majority of supporters around me were reasonable and were straight onto their phones in disbelief. There were no replays at the game. But to say they didn’t know by the end of the game when half WCE team ran around Gaff after kicking that long goal is wrong and was tribal like, particularly the heaps of WCE supporters who were giving docker supporters like me and the players the bird and yelling their lungs out with obscenities.

I saw the incident. I then went straight to my phone and soon after watched footage. Then I told everyone around me that Gaff would be targeted by all Freo players because of a horrible punch to young Brayshaw.

A few rows behind me were the biggest w***er E-girl supporters known to man. Some of what was said to young Andy whilst he writhed in pain on the ground was distasteful. Then despite me telling him loud and clear what happened he continued with the most discolourful language my 7-year old boy witnessed directed at the likes of Johnson, Grey, Walters, Ballers etc. thereafter. They all particularly dislike Neale and loved him getting beat up.

To be fair the majority of supporters around me were reasonable and were straight onto their phones in disbelief. There were no replays at the game. But to say they didn’t know by the end of the game when half WCE team ran around Gaff after kicking that long goal is wrong and was tribal like, particularly the heaps of WCE supporters who were giving docker supporters like me and the players the bird and yelling their lungs out with obscenities.
Its hard not to stain them with the same brush. Its so un australian, to kick someone when they are down. To not revognise thugs and call them out. To defend the indefencible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a bloody shame. He was playing like a jet in that 1st half. Had a few small doubts this season at times. Not any more - he's going to be a 250 game A grader. Exactly what we need to balance out our midfield. A 2way gut running midfielder with footy smarts and clean skills. He's going to be our Cotchin/Sloane.

It isn't as simple as he has had an operation and now it's just recovery sadly. Speaking to a dentist friend yesterday, he said it is likely to be two to three more procedures with follow ups. Hopefully he comes through it all like a champ.

I wasn't stoked when he was picked at 2. And I believe I said he doesn't seem to have one great ability that pushes a player into the A - A+ bracket. The longer the season has gone on the happier I have become. He was playing very well until the thug act. I am looking forward to seeing what a full preseason does for his performance. Can't wait to see him play Round 1 next year! The roar should be deafening!

First year players often tire by the end of the season and drop off but he seemed to be building. Real shame this has happened to him but have 100% faith he'll be back and firing for us next year.

I'm hoping they take the time to upgrade his teeth, he builds some muscle and he comes back like Jaws from the Bond films.
If you are going to shoot a guy, why would you aim for his metallic teeth? Also, wtf are his gums made out of to absorb the force of a bullet at close range?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back