Toast Welcome To Freo Cooper Simpson (pick 35 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

THe reports were that we rated him very highly compared to other clubs apart from Geelong which is why we traded a future third rounder with our second rounder to move just three draft places but that got us ahead of geelongs second round picks.

He has something special about him. He runs and arches the back. Delivers very well

THe reports were that we rated him very highly compared to other clubs apart from Geelong which is why we traded a future third rounder with our second rounder to move just three draft places but that got us ahead of geelongs second round picks.
You don't seriously think clubs share how they rate the players going into the draft?

You don't seriously think clubs share how they rate the players going into the draft?
Stuff does get out, whether its how many interviews players had with particular clubs or some other information passed around.

How do you think Twomey gets his Phantom so close, he isn't just matching up clubs needs, he is hearing things from people in the industry and the players themselves.

Stuff does get out, whether its how many interviews players had with particular clubs or some other information passed around.

How do you think Twomey gets his Phantom so close, he isn't just matching up clubs needs, he is hearing things from people in the industry and the players themselves.
At Pick 35 the club does seem to have been aware Geelong had interest and had the smarts to get in front of them. A great move. I'm not buying that other clubs apart from Geelong and Fremantle didn't rate him or that the club had that Intel.

At Pick 35 the club does seem to have been aware Geelong had interest and had the smarts to get in front of them. A great move. I'm not buying that other clubs apart from Geelong and Fremantle didn't rate him or that the club had that Intel.
I think they didn't word it too great, not sure they were trying to say other clubs didn't rate him, more that we knew that Geelong rated him and so we traded up to get ahead.

Be nice if he could have a little post-draft growth spurt like Oscar Allen did

Add 5cm onto him and he could be unstoppable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The range of choices makes it complicated. A club may still rate a player, but may choose someone else thinking they're a surer bet or has attributes they feel will fill a future need in their list better.

Probably a little bit of height (people are right, he aint that small tho) and he missed a bunch of last season through injury

I assume he doesn't find the ball as much as others in his draft too

Am I missing something as he has something special about him

It's got to be injury and accumulation that pushed him down because I don't think it matters he's only 182cm when he moves that well.

Edit: if it's just injury then we've absolutely smashed it out the park.

And TBH, we don't even really need accumulation from him. 20 high impact possessions would perfectly complement the mids we already have.

It's got to be injury and accumulation that pushed him down because I don't think it matters he's only 182cm when he moves that well.
The shot on goal where he picked it clean off the contest is something he’s going to be known for. I’ve seen him hit spillage off hands clean and at pace several times from just a couple training sessions.

He’s going to be pushing for best 22 real quick I think

Edit: if it's just injury then we've absolutely smashed it out the park.

And TBH, we don't even really need accumulation from him. 20 high impact possessions would perfectly complement the mids we already have.
Didn't his fall down the ladder have a lot to do with father son selections and early selection bonuses for some clubs!!!

Didn't his fall down the ladder have a lot to do with father son selections and early selection bonuses for some clubs!!!

This would probably have something to do with it. The northern academy nga picks and father sons made it a long first round etc

Plus he was injured for a large part of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back