Analysis Pies win 69-59 and through to a prelim against Richmond!

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a gun. Would be quite funny if we ended up with an ex GWS midfield of Treloar, Adams and Shiel.

What’s even funnier is SOS keeps getting all the duds from GWS.

DJ Gimpos re.

No doubt you were there when I used to open the show with 'DJ Gimpos in tha hooooooooooooooouseeeeeee'.. used to go off re when I opened the show with that then a slight delay/silence.. followed by f.. doof doof doof doof.. used to go nuts re.. getting emotional here re.. memories re.. f!
Let me know the location of your next gig and I'll be there. Or don't people 'do gigs' any more? o_O:(:think::D

My first winning final last night and I couldn't be happier. Got into MCC early and decided on row B despite the high probability that we'd get rained on. Weather held out for us, though I couldn't feel my extremities midway through the first quarter. But completely worth it. What an effort and what a great win. Really should have annihilated them by quarter time and in the end we were lucky to get those two goals at the end of the first and second. Just want to run through a couple of blokes who really stood out:

Sidebottom - Can't believe I ever said I thought we'd be better off trading him for picks (although, this was in the context of a rebuild.. still, its lunacy)! He just gets to contests and does things right with the ball. A polished superstar and legend of the club at this point.

Treloar - I thought he was cooked last week and was really concerned coming into this game that he would be exposed. Really exploded out of the gates in the fourth and carried the machine forward I thought. He's a goal or two a game away from being a truly elite player in the competition.

WHE - Another who I thought was completely out of sorts last week really stood up against his old team. A real player with a good set of hands.

Maynard - I hope he could hear us from the boundary line, because we were singing his praises all night long (and giving young Toby a bit of a spray in the process). He and the big pig (Greenwood) dominated that little prick all night long, in a performance that bodes well for this week against the Tiggies.

I could probably go on and on with this, but it was a great team performance that I was honored to witness live.

Onto next week.

Quick background : My Gf & her brother our Richmond supporters. Yes, I know. I’m sorry. Luckily, their dad is a Collingwood supporter.

I went over to the Mrs house for some.
I’m sure BringouttheGimp would understand. They’re very confident about their team since last year. However, for the first time this year, her brother was shaky.

Me: Do you want to come to the game?
Him: only if someone pays Richmond to gurantee they win.

They’re already panicking.

They feel us Coming.

So did the Mrs re....

Game probably should have been over at 1/4 time but we managed to turn it into a scrap. Great to actually fight it out and take the win. Classic champion team beating a team of champions.

Looks like we might have also gotten through with a clean bill of health.

Friday night now becomes a free hit. Massive underdogs with nothing to lose. At a minimum, hopefully we can scare the shoit out of the Tigas.

I don't like making statements without watching the replay in a calm state.
But at the game I thought Lobb beat Grundy.

Grundy got more hit-outs, but Lobb more to advantage.

No offence, but one of the more ridiculous posts I’ve read.

Live at the game, I thought Grundy was monstrous. After watching the replay twice, he was even better than I originally noticed. His last quarter was simply beast mode activated.

No offence, but one of the more ridiculous posts I’ve read.

Live at the game, I thought Grundy was monstrous. After watching the replay twice, he was even better than I originally noticed. His last quarter was simply beast mode activated.

You reckon that is one of the most ridiculous posts you've read on bigfooty? You can't of visited much.

Anyway, I've just finished watching the replay and I now agree that Grundy did beat Lobb overall - but Lobb played a good game. Considering going into the game most would have thought the ruck is where we would have our biggest advantage - I reckon GWS would have gone away happy with how competitive the match up was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conversion aside we dominated this game.

I'm absolutely ecstatic for this playing group- many of whom have experienced their first finals victory.

We had winners everywhere.
JDG brilliant, WHE and JT also super.

Treloar- Adams-Sidebottom- Pendles- Grundy- this midfield group won the battle all night.

Howe-Goldsack-Langdon-Maynard…this quartet was superb in the air and defensively.

Coaching group mapped the plan and execution aside it worked.
Hats off to them too and all involved.

If you guys want a laugh, check out the GWS game dayvthread (its only a few pages long). The amount of posts from other fans imploring GWS to win and spiking about the umpiring. Hilarious. Even with our absolute all round domination (ten more scoring shots, miss after miss after miss), they still feel the fix was in to get us over the line. Well, all except one level headed GWS fan.

If you guys want a laugh, check out the GWS game dayvthread (its only a few pages long). The amount of posts from other fans imploring GWS to win and spiking about the umpiring. Hilarious. Even with our absolute all round domination (ten more scoring shots, miss after miss after miss), they still feel the fix was in to get us over the line. Well, all except one level headed GWS fan.
******* pissing myself laughing.

only 10 pages and its a game day thread mixed with an autopsy thread + half the posts are from salty supporters of other teams. A good read.

Last edited:
Did I hear on 9 news Maynartaur saying he wouldn't call out his opponent anymore in future? I was in a different room and didn't hear properly, but I'm disappointed if so. I was hoping it would become a weekly thing where Maynard would name his next target each week, forcing them to sleep with the lights on. Possibly Greenwood too.

"I will be playing on X. They are going down. "

Just like in combat sports, winning the psychological game is half of it m8.

Did I hear on 9 news Maynartaur saying he wouldn't call out his opponent anymore in future? I was in a different room and didn't hear properly, but I'm disappointed if so. I was hoping it would become a weekly thing where Maynard would name his next target each week, forcing them to sleep with the lights on. Possibly Greenwood too.

"I will be playing on X. They are going down. "

Just like in combat sports, winning the psychological game is half of it m8.
the reveal seemed to work out this time...

You know you are held to high standards when 25 possessions and 11 tackles is considered a quiet game. I read somewhere else that he is the only player to ever have 3 25+ possession and 10+ tackle games in finals

Yep he plays at a high standard. Sign of a good team when youre absolute best player doenst have to be a match winner ever week.

Quick background : My Gf & her brother our Richmond supporters. Yes, I know. I’m sorry. Luckily, their dad is a Collingwood supporter.

I went over to the Mrs house for some.
I’m sure BringouttheGimp would understand. They’re very confident about their team since last year. However, for the first time this year, her brother was shaky.

Me: Do you want to come to the game?
Him: only if someone pays Richmond to gurantee they win.

They’re already panicking.

They feel us Coming.

So did the Mrs re....

You're a f great re

Remove this Banner Ad

Back