Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, all of a sudden less than 6 months from an election she decides to quit. Give me a ******* break.

She knows the polling (Victoria will see a repeat of the State result) and she was going to lose.

Convenient excuse.
Doesn't appear politics is currently for her being away from her family, so credit to her for not taking someone else's spot & quitting prior to the election to give someone else a go... as opposed to quitting during a term.

Nah, don’t think so.

42 years old, IVF (chances of success are not high). Kelly should be thankful for the two children she does have.

Sorry but cynicism radar is going off.
She's trying for another so poor form to judge imo.

Save it for politicians who should quit but stay around selfishly for themselves...

She's trying for another so poor form to judge imo.

Save it for politicians who should quit but stay around selfishly for themselves...

Sorry Kane but I disagree. I’m allowed an opinion and just because it doesn’t for your narrative doesn’t mean it’s poor form. The chances of giving birth is about 1 in 3 and there is still the possibility of deformity in that 1 in 3.

I’m one of those that believe having children after 40 can be very selfish attitude, it’s not just about the parents but the child as well. In my opinion she is still being selfish given she has two children now.

I’ll be watching the outcome of this down the track.

Sorry Kane but I disagree. I’m allowed an opinion and just because it doesn’t for your narrative doesn’t mean it’s poor form. The chances of giving birth is about 1 in 3 and there is still the possibility of deformity in that 1 in 3.

I’m one of those that believe having children after 40 can be very selfish attitude, it’s not just about the parents but the child as well. In my opinion she is still being selfish given she has two children now.

1 in 3 kids born to parents over 40 years of age are not deformed. Where are you getting these bizarre stats?

Any way just a deflection, as I'm all for politicians retiring on their own terms & not staying on longer than useful.

1 in 3 kids born to parents over 40 years of age are not deformed. Where are you getting these bizarre stats?

Any way just a deflection, as I'm all for politicians retiring on their own terms & not staying on longer than useful.

Sorry, I meant only 1 in 3 chance of giving birth once you reach the age of 42 and there is greater chance of deformity in those births as opposed to those born before the age of 40.

The chances of miscarriage rise considerably after age 35 and as well as other risks.

I was an accident but my mum had me when she was 43 so shove your opinion up your arse.

Just keep your slimy hands off people's Super Labor and that goes for every other Politician of whatever creed.

There are big economic risks in Labor's imputation plan

https://www.afr.com/news/economy/th...HeZBUVAabArM0gTlJypdHBYic2DOGlyowDOSG14N31CJE

Adrian Blundell-Wignall is a former director of the OECD, an adjunct professor at Sydney University, and author of Globalisation and Finance at the Crossroads.

Well then they need to deal with reform of superannuation as the current system is costing the budget billions and yes I’m retired as well but can see the inequalities in the system.

Any chance she can take her mate the poisonous little weasel Christopher Pyne with her who is behind a most of the ructions in the Liberal Party over the last 7 or 8 years??

Is there anyone in that cabinet that is competent based on your comments? Turnbull (already departed), Bishop, O’Dywer, Pyne.

Time we got rid of them all based on this and previous comments.

Announcement must be soon re : election. Good ole Scotty was walking into a Rod Laver Arena with his wife (holding hands) and his girls. Think I’m going to going to puke. What’s next? Kiss a baby?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey @mattjcan, you recently said SA's new diesel generators are the dirtiest form of power.

promptly dismiss the advisor who told you that!

the emissions intensity for SA's new gens is 750kgCO2e/MWh — lower than _every_ coal power station in the world.

cc. @JoshFrydenberg
Josh Friedenburg is nothing more than a representative for the lobby groups who pay him and his mates.

A link to a Vanessa Van Badham article really? Pleaseeeeee spare us!

And you folk are always taking cracks at "unhinged" Murdoch journalists...this women is that far left she walks with a serious lean.
Your stretching the truth to say 'Murdoch has journalists'.Journalists don't get told want to say, and are not supposed
to represent vested interests.They are also not meant to deny the truth or promote mistruths esp re Climate Change. The Murdoch news empire spreads misinformation,bigotry and anything else that will make them richer.Thanks for Brexit Murdoch, and thanks for the rise of right wing rascists around the world. Thanks for putting the last global climate change summit in small writing on page 8 while you had African Gangs on page one .I mean why do people put up with this or even defend Murdoch.?

Yeh, all of a sudden less than 6 months from an election she decides to quit. Give me a ******* break.

She knows the polling (Victoria will see a repeat of the State result) and she was going to lose.

Convenient excuse.

I’d say a combination of both. Given her IVF focus she’s decided to not put in the amount of time and effort required to campaign considering the likelihood of winning isn’t great. Having been a mini she might also not be keen on a term in opposition.

So you're another leftist, fine you have an opinion but really I don't give 2 f**** what you think.
What a campaigner you must be if you don't question anything.If you're a Murdoch fan you must think it's good to promote coal,do you?Also you must really dislike immigrants and universal health care.Would you be happy to do away with medicare? Do you have any original thoughts or do have to check with Miranda Devine and Andrew Bolt first.The funny thing is alot of people like yourself call themselves Christians.Jesus would spit on Rupert Murdoch and throw all his jounalists in a the firey pits of hell.Am I not correct?

She was always a chance after being voted out of the leadership vote pretty comprehensively. If she’s got a term or 2 in opposition I reckon she’d be a chance to replace ScoMo. I think 2 terms might be a bit of a stretch for her in opposition though, so she might be thinking that it’s a good time to get out.

Certainly there are, Christian Porter, Josh Frydenberg, Mathias Cormann, Karen Andrews, Steven Ciobo, Bridget McKenzie, Matthew Canavan, Dan Tehan, Angus Taylor, Greg Hunt, Paul Fletcher, Michael McCormack, Nigel Scullion and though not popular Peter Dutton has performed well in his portfolio. Jury out on David Littleproud at this time. Pass on Christopher Pyne, Marise Payne, Melissa Price, Simon Birmingham, Mitch Fifield, Michaela Cash and Kelly O'Dwyer.

ALP also have plenty of deadwood in their Shadow Ministry.
All you've done there is list the coal mining lobby.Doesn't the country deserve better than this jellybacked lot? I think your missing the point that politicians are there to represent the whole of Australia, to represent the people, not to work against the good of the people.This group of names you've mentioned are merely unrepresentative puppets that history will condemn.

Go piss in someone else's pocket numpty. You know SFA about me, my lifestyle or anything else by the looks other than playing the usual leftist garbage card.
All you've said to me is 'you're a leftist' and 'leftist card' what does that mean? I want your opinion on Andrew Bolt and Miranda Devine, have some balls mate and don't be a coward.

There is a difference between an accident and actually making a conscious decision. Obviously, you are oblivious to the difference.
Even if my folks made a conscious decision and had me you would have said their decision was a poor one, so there isn’t any difference at all.

Certainly there are, Christian Porter, Josh Frydenberg, Mathias Cormann, Karen Andrews, Steven Ciobo, Bridget McKenzie, Matthew Canavan, Dan Tehan, Angus Taylor, Greg Hunt, Paul Fletcher, Michael McCormack, Nigel Scullion and though not popular Peter Dutton has performed well in his portfolio. Jury out on David Littleproud at this time. Pass on Christopher Pyne, Marise Payne, Melissa Price, Simon Birmingham, Mitch Fifield, Michaela Cash and Kelly O'Dwyer.

ALP also have plenty of deadwood in their Shadow Ministry.

Josh Frydenburg? Ha ha.

Even if my folks made a conscious decision and had me you would have said their decision was a poor one, so there isn’t any difference at all.
I have quite a few friends who have had kids in their 40's & are good parents... including those who have been trying for years & used IVF.

Many in their 40's are more ready to be a parent.

That Women in the states who had a baby at a ridiculously old age is the exception to the rule.

Chris Bowen? Ha ha

A Shadow treasurer that didn't even know the tax free threshold. hahaha
Both Frydenberg & Bowen are amongst the most competent on either side... compared to plenty of numpties.

Both you guys are just playing politics now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back