Play Nice Politics # 4 - The madness continues here.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

Abusing and/or trolling other posters in this thread will not be tolerated from this point on.

Debate away and continue to have strong opinions, but abusing posters ie calling them idiots/stupid etc or trolling posters by laugh liking their posts will not be tolerated going forward.

Last edited:
Good news, bad news. I like Facebook being cut out of news, I don't like Google striking a deal with Murdoch that will make his trash more prominent.
If important public information is still accessible like CFS, Health SA, SA Police, and we just don't have the news article crap, I'm fine with it. Barely use Facebook any more any way

If important public information is still accessible like CFS, Health SA, SA Police, and we just don't have the news article crap, I'm fine with it. Barely use Facebook any more any way

The reality is that Facebook most probably don't really care either.

The only sad thing is those sites who have now become collateral damage in this war between Murdoch and social media. Hopefully those sites can opt back into Facebook.

This to me shows that they need Facebook far more than Facebook actually needs them.

Good news, bad news. I like Facebook being cut out of news, I don't like Google striking a deal with Murdoch that will make his trash more prominent.

As far as I was concerned, the legislation was just basically handing more to Newscorp, Stokes etc.

Google were providing links which actually was a benefit to the media. Personally I think Facebook have done the right thing and not be held captive by the oligopoly in this country. In addition, Facebook don’t give a s**t about Australia.

People in this country need to understand we mean squat to rest of the world. But hey watching the pollies and news outlets get their knickers in a twist is enjoyable to watch.

This is a nice distraction from the alleged rape incident.

Carefully what you ask for.

The reality is that Facebook most probably don't really care either.

The only sad thing is those sites who have now become collateral damage in this war between Murdoch and social media. Hopefully those sites can opt back into Facebook.

This to me shows that they need Facebook far more than Facebook actually needs them.
I really don't get this Facebook battle .....Facebook is completely in the right

All Facebook does is facilitate content ......it's the content provider who chooses to use Facebook, in the case of news services to advertise their programs, from which they make a commercial gain

If anything , Facebook should be charging them !

If the Television Stations take an advert out in the Newspapers ......it's firstly their choice, does the Newspaper therefore have to pay the TV stations for the advert ? .......that's just plain stupid

So the TV stations as an example, post 3 consecutive posts .....9 News Melb, 9 News Syd, 9 News Adel ......they clearly bombard Social Media to get attention for their commercial programs ....and they want Facebook to pay

Laughing 1.gif

If the Media is so offended that Facebook is getting more Commercial Advantage than them ......simple, simply don't post

But they wont .....it's FREE advertising for media .....but they have the audacity now, not only getting FREE access to their target audience, but they want to be paid too

This isn't my area, can you explain why news sites need Facebook? It's a concept that I'm struggling with.
FREE Advertising ....and an ability to pinpoint that advertising to their targeted demographic audience ......best advertising they can get

I really don't get this Facebook battle .....Facebook is completely in the right

All Facebook does is facilitate content ......it's the content provider who chooses to use Facebook, in the case of news services to advertise their programs, from which they make a commercial gain

If anything , Facebook should be charging them !

If the Television Stations take an advert out in the Newspapers ......it's firstly their choice, does the Newspaper therefore have to pay the TV stations for the advert ? .......that's just plain stupid

So the TV stations as an example, post 3 consecutive posts .....9 News Melb, 9 News Syd, 9 News Adel ......they clearly bombard Social Media to get attention for their commercial programs ....and they want Facebook to pay

View attachment 1060885

If the Media is so offended that Facebook is getting more Commercial Advantage than them ......simple, simply don't post

But they wont .....it's FREE advertising for media .....but they have the audacity now, not only getting FREE access to their target audience, but they want to be paid too
I think you missed the point that the media, news stories, information is not their saleable product it is the advertising which has all gone to the platforms Facebook, Google, etc. Even if they can get people to pay for the news it’s probably not enough to pay the journalists for the content.

I think you missed the point that the media, news stories, information is not their saleable product it is the advertising which has all gone to the platforms Facebook, Google, etc. Even if they can get people to pay for the news it’s probably not enough to pay the journalists for the content.
No, the point is that it's the media that choose to use Facebook ......it's them posting the stories at their discretion, not Facebook

Facebook doesn't post the stories .....next you'll want internet service providers to also pay, because they provide the carriage

The media can simply choose not to post .....but they don't ...why?

Because it's FREE to media Companies

The Media's dilemma on future viability is none of facebook or any other Social platforms business

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this how Corporate strategy works ......two big organizations going at it garners little sympathy

So bring in the plight of the small organizations to get that sympathy

1613684242640.png

Similar to the argument of the plight of the small family run farms of this country ......fact is 80% of farms are run by large Companies ....but you don't hear that fact

No, the point is that it's the media that choose to use Facebook ......it's them posting the stories at their discretion, not Facebook

Facebook doesn't post the stories .....next you'll want internet service providers to also pay, because they provide the carriage

The media can simply choose not to post .....but they don't ...why?

Because it's FREE to media Companies

The Media's dilemma on future viability is none of facebook or any other Social platforms business

Did anyone care when Cobb and Co and the local blacksmith disappear? No.

The media barons need to understand this.

Eventually Facebook will have its own existence threatened by something that will come along.

Did anyone care when Cobb and Co and the local blacksmith disappear? No.

The media barons need to understand this.
Correct ......the 35mm camera & photographic processing disappeared .....industries start up and industries die, or they adapt

The Media, free to air and newspaper print are dying ......they're seeking subsidization

They realise the power of Social Media .....maybe they should create their own app, but we've seen with Netflix, Australia with Foxtel can't compete against global organizations, with far greater economies of scale

I do suspect there's been a lot of Murdoch influence on Govt Policy on this matter

Oh boy, no wonder there is another vaccine photo stop today. Got to keep those daggy dad snaps going and meaningless drivel.

This does not bode well. If 3 people in the PMO knew then the top dog had to know!

You never delete texts that you may want later.

Another sex crime cover up in the works, this time from the man Scott Morrison saved in his pre-selection battle.

A senior staff member in Liberal MP Craig Kelly’s office continues to work in his role despite multiple young women – some as young as 16 – coming forward to NSW police to allege inappropriate behaviour in the workplace, including an instance of unwanted touching, and despite an apprehended violence order being granted in one case.

In September last year police from Sutherland, in Sydney’s southern suburbs, successfully sought an AVO against Kelly’s longtime office manager, Frank Zumbo, whose job included hiring and managing interns and work experience staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back