Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Voss and Bass for a start and get in someone who has any idea about forward coaching

You have to simplify that game plan and get back to some fundamentals mate.

Probably need to target another ready to go tall backman also.

Yep I hate our game plan

It's overconvoluted, and looks nice when it comes off, but has too many break down points, and is very fallible as a result. This sort of game plan sometimes works well if a list is limited talent wise, but that's not the case with Port, so I don't see the rationale for employing it.

Port could play methodical traditional system based footy and well and truly contend based upon talent, with one or two minor tweaks, the upside being that these tactics are much less vulnerable to breaking down.

In fact, I reckon Port could do with another true KPP at either end, to go with a less complicated system, and that's all they would need.

lol at the hard backpeddle from Max and tagging Good News Fagan in it. The fear of the s**telaide media "never again" list is strong in this one.
Hopefully there is a nice old meltdown / implosion over there that allows us to sort out our football department and go quietly about our business.

It's overconvoluted, and looks nice when it comes off, but has too many break down points, and is very fallible as a result. This sort of game plan sometimes works well if a list is limited talent wise, but that's not the case with Port, so I don't see the rationale for employing it.

Port could play methodical traditional system based footy and well and truly contend based upon talent, with one or two minor tweaks, the upside being that these tactics are much less vulnerable to breaking down.

In fact, I reckon Port could do with another true KPP at either end, to go with a less complicated system, and that's all they would need.
I think the book ends are there, we just didn't play them at the same time.

Marshall and Dixon are both KPP in which we do not favours with our BS ball movement.

Down back we have Clurey, Howard and Jonas. Howard left out of the side in the last few rounds for some reason.

Probably another KP defender is probably on the cards.

Just need to see what happens over the off season now with Ryder, Amon and SPP.

Allowing us to "quietly go about our business" is the LAST thing we need!

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I mean get the broom out but don't air all our problems in the tiser. Make the changes that are needed but just get the job done and get sorted for 2020.

Certainly don't need the typical Adelaide media watching us sort our the mess that is the football department.

Lol how dumb would GCS be to give then pick 2 for Ted.

Taylor Walker, Matt Crouch plus Hugh Greenwood or Cam Ellis-Yolmen for pick #2. So they aren't delusional enough to think big ears is worth pick #2. Instead they've gone the Playstation / Bigfooty numpty trade proposal of 'Shovel enough pieces of s**t and it magically turns into one piece of gold' route. Quantity = Quality trade proposals infuriate me more than a straight dud for gun ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean get the broom out but don't air all our problems in the tiser. Make the changes that are needed but just get the job done and get sorted for 2020.

Certainly don't need the typical Adelaide media watching us sort our the mess that is the football department.
We have seen what our board do even with external pressure and the only broom involved is for sweeping things under the carpet.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tom Clurey gotta be the most underrated player in the comp to not even get into the squad of 40. What the fu** has Daniel talia done this year?

The only player in the league to have 10 goals kicked on him this year and you think he deserves to be an All Australian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back