Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not all that happy about GWS and all of their concessions getting to a grand final.

I wonder if Leon realises that with any other footballing group he would be in the bottom 4 on the ladder. He seems to have Ken's gameplan .. but he gets away with it due to the calibre of players that he has at his disposal.

Does this mean the Ken apologists will be saying well that gameplan works for GWS ...? Give me strength

Difficult to disagree PG and it's this manipulation by the AFL in supposedly growing the game that spoils it all for me.

Aussie Rules is a great game but marred by doubtful decisions by the AFL.

I genuinely get the game needs expansion but not to the detriment of other teams, so it must be fair play for all.

It's hard enough to get and or retain major sponsors in the best of times.

I find the notion that the Giants aren't a real club utterly ridiculous. They had some good concessions when they came into the comp, no doubt of that, but all the club's agreed to it when the AFL allowed it. But they still had to get it right. The Suns had the same and are a nowhere club, and ruined their hand outs, the Giants didn't but they didn't have it all their own way either.

The Giants have had star players leaving every off season, are always ravaged with injury and still find themselves around the mark. Credit to them for finally making a grand final.

I don't see anyone whinging about West Coast having the WA state side during the 90's claiming they aren't a real club, ditto Brisbane when they won all of their flags.

Fair play to them for finally getting over the hurdle and I wish our players had half as much heart as the Giants players and club have shown over the journey.

I find the notion that the Giants aren't a real club utterly ridiculous. They had some good concessions when they came into the comp, no doubt of that, but all the club's agreed to it when the AFL allowed it. But they still had to get it right. The Suns had the same and are a nowhere club, and ruined their hand outs, the Giants didn't but they didn't have it all their own way either.

The Giants have had star players leaving every off season, are always ravaged with injury and still find themselves around the mark. Credit to them for finally making a grand final.

I don't see anyone whinging about West Coast having the WA state side during the 90's claiming they aren't a real club, ditto Brisbane when they won all of their flags.

Fair play to them for finally getting over the hurdle and I wish our players had half as much heart as the Giants players and club have shown over the journey.

Amazing that the two teams hit hardest by injuries have made the GF. Also the two best team songs.

Amazing that the two teams hit hardest by injuries have made the GF. Also the two best team songs.

Collingwood by far hit hardest by injury throughout the year. It's a marvel they even made top 4 let alone top 8.

So uh. The notion about the crows not being a real club is also ridiculous?

I'm not all that happy about GWS and all of their concessions getting to a grand final.

I wonder if Leon realises that with any other footballing group he would be in the bottom 4 on the ladder. He seems to have Ken's gameplan .. but he gets away with it due to the calibre of players that he has at his disposal.

Does this mean the Ken apologists will be saying well that gameplan works for GWS ...? Give me strength

Not sure their concessions count anymore considering most of them left their club anyway.

Im happy for them, i like a lot of their players. Hopefully Lids can get up

Difficult to disagree PG and it's this manipulation by the AFL in supposedly growing the game that spoils it all for me.

Aussie Rules is a great game but marred by doubtful decisions by the AFL.

I genuinely get the game needs expansion but not to the detriment of other teams, so it must be fair play for all.

It's hard enough to get and or retain major sponsors in the best of times.
The game itself outside of the handouts the Suns and Giants got is manipulated against most sides bar the big Victorian clubs. That'd the least of the issue the handouts they got to start up.

We have a competition where the score review system despite however much money the AFL pumped into a bunker still can't get decisions right, it nearly cost the Giants a preliminary final yesterday as it swung the game. The top team in Geelong has to play their home finals that they earnt over the home & away season at the home of Collingwood this year, and Richmond two years ago. Richmond played 8 home games in a row to make the finals due to fixturing manipulation. Then to top it off you could have a interstate side go 22-0 play two home finals, then make the GF and play a big Victorian side in it in a away Grand Final cause of a contract that is blatantly out of touch. That all doesn't factor in stage managed suspensions the AFL hand down to Stephenson for example so he comes back for the finals and all the other crooked crap they do. Oh and throw in disgusting umpiring week to week and fiddling with the rules each season.

The handouts the Suns and Giants got are the least of the worries following the AFL I feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah AFL corrupt for banning Greene to try and get Collingwood v Richmond GF..... Also AFL corrupt because GWS 😜

Even Hinkley would get GWS to a GF with that list, Leon Cameron is a dud with a ferrari collection they should've already won flags.

The team they put out there yesterday was far from the Ferrari. They literally had 3 #1 draft picks sitting in the stands. No Greene, Whitfield, Ward, Coniglio, Patton, Deledio (Shiel, Treloar, Adams, Lobb, Wilson, Boyd). If they'd won in 2016, I'd have been inclined to agree with you. But they have fought hard to get there this year.

The team they put out there yesterday was far from the Ferrari. They literally had 3 #1 draft picks sitting in the stands. No Greene, Whitfield, Ward, Coniglio, Patton, Deledio (Shiel, Treloar, Adams, Lobb, Wilson, Boyd). If they'd won in 2016, I'd have been inclined to agree with you. But they have fought hard to get there this year.

Also lost Shiel, Setterfield, Scully, Lobb, Griffen (ret.) in the offseason — and none of the returns are yet to become regular first teamers.

Extraordinary effort.

The game itself outside of the handouts the Suns and Giants got is manipulated against most sides bar the big Victorian clubs. That'd the least of the issue the handouts they got to start up.

We have a competition where the score review system despite however much money the AFL pumped into a bunker still can't get decisions right, it nearly cost the Giants a preliminary final yesterday as it swung the game. The top team in Geelong has to play their home finals that they earnt over the home & away season at the home of Collingwood this year, and Richmond two years ago. Richmond played 8 home games in a row to make the finals due to fixturing manipulation. Then to top it off you could have a interstate side go 22-0 play two home finals, then make the GF and play a big Victorian side in it in a away Grand Final cause of a contract that is blatantly out of touch. That all doesn't factor in stage managed suspensions the AFL hand down to Stephenson for example so he comes back for the finals and all the other crooked crap they do. Oh and throw in disgusting umpiring week to week and fiddling with the rules each season.

The handouts the Suns and Giants got are the least of the worries following the AFL I feel.

No argument from me on all the points you raise Adam. It's a much broader topic than just talking GWS and the SUNS.

Friendly reminder that GWS just beat Collingwood at the MCG without Greene and Whitfield (plus a few more guns they’ve been without this year) in front of 80,000 screaming Collingwood fans after back to back travel.

If we were in that predicament, the three K’s would have forfeited the match.

Even Hinkley would get GWS to a GF with that list, Leon Cameron is a dud with a ferrari collection they should've already won flags.

Hinkley would struggle to get the Team of the Century to a GF. Wayne Carey would be running around at half back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back