Massimo Kelly Hind
Durham Shiel Martin
Langford Jones ADavey
Stringer Baldwin Tippa

Draper Setterfield Parish

Heppell Menzie Hobbs Bryan

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Whatever our best 22 available is plus a couple extras

Wouldnt be against potentially preserving Draper a bit. So maybe play Draper for 2/3 and then rest with Bryan 1/3

All 18 clubs will compete in one official practice match, which will be held across the first few days of March. The format and game length will replicate the AFL premiership season, with the official matches to be shown live on Foxtel and Kayo Sports.

All 18 clubs will compete in one official practice match, which will be held across the first few days of March. The format and game length will replicate the AFL premiership season, with the official matches to be shown live on Foxtel and Kayo Sports.
Sounds like the videographers and producers are practising too

I’d like to see something like;-

Ridley Stewart Hayes
Massimo Kelly Hind
Durham Shiel Martin
Langford Voss Menzie
Stringer Baldwin ADavey

Draper Setterfield Parish

Caldwell Hobbs Cox Jones
Tippa Montgomery Heppell Bryan

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stewart literally hasn’t trained all preseason. He’s miles away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just need to get that 6 through to round 1
Yeah, long term i guess we hope to see Cox replace Kelly and Reid replace one of Laverde/Zerk but they need to prove they can stay fit first.

Most important thing is Ridley goes back to being the 3rd defender, freeing him up to intercept and be more aggressive in attack.

Yeah, long term i guess we hope to see Cox replace Kelly and Reid replace one of Laverde/Zerk but they need to prove they can stay fit first.

Most important thing is Ridley goes back to being the 3rd defender, freeing him up to intercept and be more aggressive in attack.
Zerk coming on in leaps and bounds will help ridley immensely. Hopefully he can get back to his 2020 style of game and he can be more useful in our counter attack game.

Trackwatchers say the same group group 6 have been training together in defensive drills and match sim all pre season

McGrath Zerk Ridley
Redman Laverde Kelly

I suspect that is our current back 6, Mass has been rotating through there as well.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say Hind is the 7th when he rejoins full training.

Trackwatchers say the same group group 6 have been training together in defensive drills and match sim all pre season

McGrath Zerk Ridley
Redman Laverde Kelly

I suspect that is our current back 6, Mass has been rotating through there as well.
I am not sure they are convinced about the defending ability of Mass just yet. He was moved forward for that reason last year and it was the knock on his game at under 18 level. He could end up being more a pressure forward than a defender.

Stewart literally hasn’t trained all preseason. He’s miles away
The injury issues where the reason I would have been happy to let him go and keep Eyre.

McGrath Zerk Ridley
Redman Laverde Kelly

Who else could really be there atm though. Cox, Reid, Hind all in rehab. Montgomerie/Lord youd think a way off. I might be forgetting someone

Feel like Cox has missed too much now aswell

Who else could really be there atm though. Cox, Reid, Hind all in rehab. Montgomerie/Lord youd think a way off. I might be forgetting someone

Feel like Cox has missed too much now aswell

Its a practice match 1 month away - the only defender who is a definite out would be Reid who I believe is still 5 - 6 weeks away

Stewart and Cox are both just doing modified training at present and so could feature in this game.

The back 6 mentioned seems to be the 1st choice defence at present - but I'm fairly sure Scott would like to try a few different options. I'd expect we will see any or all of;-

Massimo, Hind, Montgomery, Heppell, Hayes even McBride given a run

Last edited:
Its a practice match 1 month away - the only defender who is a definite out would be Reid who I believe is still 5 - 6 weeks away

Stewart and Cox are both just doing modified training at present and so could feature in this game.

The back 6 mentioned seems to be the 1st choice defence at present - but I'm fairly sure Scott would like to try a few different options. I'd expect we will see any or all of;-

Massimo, Hind, Montgomery, Heppell, Hayes even McBride given a run
My response was in regards to the back 6 playing now. Not a surprise when you have all of Cox, Reid, Hind on the sidelines. Im saying those guys if they were to be fit would be the ones challenging along with maybe Massimo but that back 6 is pretty well ahead now imo

In regards to Cox and im only looking from afar but it seems hes been in the rehab/modified training group alot this off season? He needed things to go mostly swimmingly to be picked for round 1 in the back 6. Its almost at the point where he needs to be eased in through the 2s. But as said looking from afar, couldve done more training then it appears

I had him in best 22 over Kelly but the lack of training continuity hurts his chances

Remove this Banner Ad

Back