News Practice Match v Collingwood Thursday 20th Feb 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m going. Feel a bit nervous. Am I a competent ‘game watcher’? Or am I just good at watching blokes run intervals along a boundary??

You've put in a big preseason, would be shattering to choke once the good stuff comes around.

I’m going. Feel a bit nervous. Am I a competent ‘game watcher’? Or am I just good at watching blokes run intervals along a boundary??
you're in the frame for greatness - I can see you wearing the trackwatcher of the year sash - rumours about you being double hung I can't comment on.....

be interested in people's opinions on whether thursday's game will answer a lot of questions or perhaps throw up even more regarding team balance.....
I like to look at it that we hopefully get some good snippets of (a) players "particularly youngsters" having the look of improvement after a big preseason where you see them do some things that has you nodding to yourself with a grin, walking away knowing if they stay fit then their in for a big one... (b) then some team snippets, improved ball movement the big one then how all the lines "forwards midfield defenders" improve with their individual strategies and structures and team balance, again hopefully there are a few things we do that can make us feel confident and excited about knowing we might have got some things working better...

be interested in people's opinions on whether thursday's game will answer a lot of questions or perhaps throw up even more regarding team balance.....

The biggest takeaway from last year's equivalent hitout against Hawthorn was how easily they cut us apart defensively. Their no names were slicing apart our 'zone' and I was mortified. Surely enough this continued through the early part of the season proper.

Within the constraints of a practice match, I hope to see our structures stand up to opposition pressure, with some impressive performances by young players competing for spots.

With the game being played over 6 x 25 minute sixths (can't call them quarters) you would expect quite a large number of players will be playing. This may make it difficult to get a read on where we are really at.

With the game being played over 6 x 25 minute sixths (can't call them quarters) you would expect quite a large number of players will be playing. This may make it difficult to get a read on where we are really at.

Would make sense that some agreement takes place between the teams to allow the established likely best 22 players the first three 'periods' with the remaining three for the fringe/depth/VFL guys.

Would make sense that some agreement takes place between the teams to allow the established likely best 22 players the first three 'periods' with the remaining three for the fringe/depth/VFL guys.
I was initially thinking along a similar line, a Probables v Probables & then Possibles v Possibles situation, but on this basis you are going to need at least 44 players each, probably more with differing training/playing loads at this stage of the pre-season.

I look forward to seeing how it actually plays out.

Is it definitely starting at 4? There was some talk that they were pushing it back.

Oh, and this kid called Walsh being virtually BOG.

Who is this Walsh kid? Never heard of him.

Is it Brad Walsh? If it was a different guy, I feel like windows1 or HARKER would have given me some kind of heads up before last season started....

:)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club should stream the game live or at the very least, record it, for a small "pay for view" fee ( members cheaper than non members)

Liddle, this should be your bread and butter
The worst thing Liddle could do right now is hold the match behind a paywall :p

Do hope they stream the match in some capacity though! Fingers crossed.

The club and anyone who pays to watch it

The cost to steam it isnt high and the club would benefit massively, with a small one off fee, let's say $4 (Slightly more for non members)

Just add up all of our supporters/members we have, 100K? - 20% subscribe = $80K

Then double that, given the Pies have a similar following

Pretty easy really

ShanDog how much to stream such an event, let's say medium quality, 3 cameras?

The cost to steam it isnt high and the club would benefit massively, with a small one off fee, let's say $4 (Slightly more for non members)

Just add up all of our supporters/members we have, 100K? - 20% subscribe = $80K

Then double that, given the Pies have a similar following

Pretty easy really

ShanDog how much to stream such an event, let's say medium quality, 3 cameras?

Yeah you are going to raise $80k........ :rolleyes: 🤦‍♂️

Yeah you are going to raise $80k........ :rolleyes: 🤦‍♂️

We stream VFL games so why not a similar basic package for a game that will have a lot more people invested?

Given 'engagement' is our catch-cry, why not? A small investment for the involvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back