Predict the results of the 2019 Federal Election

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Bill Shorten been watching a replay of the late Gough Whitlam’s 1972 campaign launch speech, because there are similarities between Whitlam’s ‘72 lecture (which set Labor on the road to winning government in the 1972 election) and what Shorten said today in their 2019 campaign launch.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has Bill Shorten been watching a replay of the late Gough Whitlam’s 1972 campaign launch speech, because there are similarities between Whitlam’s ‘72 lecture (which set Labor on the road to winning government in the 1972 election) and what Shorten said today in their 2019 campaign launch.

I imagine his speech writer and media advisers have. Closely.

Are you earning over 200,000 a year?

No?

Then why do you give a s**t? You're voting for the LNP and they are legit just taking a massive dump on you.

How can people be this out of touch.

Interesting to see former PMs Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard sitting together at Labor’s election campaign launch today. Wonder if the Coalition will return the favour by having Tony Abbott and Malcolm Turnbull sit alongside each other at the Coalition’s campaign launch next Sunday.

I saw the bloke who knifed Rudd and Gillard shaking their hand on stage. Oh the ironing of it all. :)

Gone in three years. What an idol to follow.

I saw the bloke who knifed Rudd and Gillard shaking their hand on stage. Oh the ironing of it all. :)

Whats your point? suggests no ones going to be knifing Bill, which destroys a few more theories.
No one would knife Scomo either, if he pulls this one off, they owe him bigtime.

Unless of course he tries to do anything effective in the climate/power space - than hes history

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Keating: "The economy is there for society. The Liberals have nothing to offer. I'm surprised how threadbare their program is. If you look, there is no panorama. There's no vista, no shape... And what's their plea? Trickle down economics & a tax cut 5 years away"
Paul Keating is not perfect by any stretch but he is the best orator Australian politics has ever seen. And he's right here: right wingers like Scomo have no vision except a couple of roads and taxing the most well-off even more lightly.

Paul Keating: "Here's the prime minister walking around with a lump of coal. He's a fossil with a baseball cap. The Liberal Party are absolute policy deadbeats"

Lefties jerking over Paul Keating always makes me laugh. Let me point you to this article today. Look at how it's presented, in such glowing terms for the "slammer" Paul, and the "lying" Grattan Institute.

'Lies and distortions': Paul Keating slams claim super rise would cost workers $20b

Former prime minister Paul Keating has accused a top independent think tank of "distortions and lies" and told companies to redirect profits into funding the retirements of their workers.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...e-would-cost-workers-20b-20190503-p51jxd.html

But hang on..let's look at the actual detail here:

Defending his legacy as the architect of Australia's compulsory superannuation system, Mr Keating said a new report by the Grattan Institute that found a super increase from 9.5 per cent to 12 per cent would cost workers' wages up to $20 billion was "completely fallacious".

Mr Keating's views have evolved since 2007 when he said the cost of superannuation was never borne by employers.

"It was absorbed into the overall wage cost. In other words, had employers not paid 9 percentage points of wages, as superannuation contributions, they would have paid it in cash as wages," he said.

The Henry tax review and the Parliamentary Budget Office found super increases were more likely to come out of wages than profits.

So, instead of the article being presented as "double standards Paul Keating is found out to have flip flopped on superannuation policy", he's instead a "slammer". But let alone Paul being found out as saying two things to two different audiences (maybe that's the lie and distortion) - what does the evidence say? Well Henry tax review and PBO found that Paul is now incorrect.

Lefties jerking over Paul Keating always makes me laugh. Let me point you to this article today. Look at how it's presented, in such glowing terms for the "slammer" Paul, and the "lying" Grattan Institute.

'Lies and distortions': Paul Keating slams claim super rise would cost workers $20b

Former prime minister Paul Keating has accused a top independent think tank of "distortions and lies" and told companies to redirect profits into funding the retirements of their workers.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...e-would-cost-workers-20b-20190503-p51jxd.html

But hang on..let's look at the actual detail here:

Defending his legacy as the architect of Australia's compulsory superannuation system, Mr Keating said a new report by the Grattan Institute that found a super increase from 9.5 per cent to 12 per cent would cost workers' wages up to $20 billion was "completely fallacious".

Mr Keating's views have evolved since 2007 when he said the cost of superannuation was never borne by employers.

"It was absorbed into the overall wage cost. In other words, had employers not paid 9 percentage points of wages, as superannuation contributions, they would have paid it in cash as wages," he said.

The Henry tax review and the Parliamentary Budget Office found super increases were more likely to come out of wages than profits.

So, instead of the article being presented as "double standards Paul Keating is found out to have flip flopped on superannuation policy", he's instead a "slammer". But let alone Paul being found out as saying two things to two different audiences (maybe that's the lie and distortion) - what does the evidence say? Well Henry tax review and PBO found that Paul is now incorrect.

You didn’t see the interview did you

You didn’t see the interview did you

Hehe love these situations where you catch the left out, and they say "but you didn't watch all of Q&A or XYZ did you!1!!", as if it's a gotchya moment, you've caught me cheating the system. Somehow I've lied!

Yeah, I didn't see the whole interview. That's because I read a Fairfax article and quoted it here.

Hehe love these situations where you catch the left out, and they say "but you didn't watch all of Q&A or XYZ did you!1!!", as if it's a gotchya moment, you've caught me cheating the system. Somehow I've lied!

Yeah, I didn't see the whole interview. That's because I read a Fairfax article and quoted it here.

You misrepresented the article, he did slam the report. The quotes you presented were selective, you ignored the others. And rather than hypocrisy the point he was making was they were using economic conditions from 25yrs ago to reach a conclusion for today.

You misrepresented the article, he did slam the report. The quotes you presented were selective, you ignored the others. And rather than hypocrisy the point he was making was they were using economic conditions from 25yrs ago to reach a conclusion for today.

Yeah we know he "slammed" the report - the point was the report was aligned with what Keating himself has said in the past. The quotes I presented were not selective, I actually LINKED to the article so you could read it yourself, I pulled out the main point which was that Keating was contradicting his own previous statements on super.

Whats your point? suggests no ones going to be knifing Bill, which destroys a few more theories.
No one would knife Scomo either, if he pulls this one off, they owe him bigtime.

Unless of course he tries to do anything effective in the climate/power space - than hes history
I will never vote for anyone that believes that a gas that makes up 0.04% of the atmosphere is a driver behind climate change. Every prediction from professors and climate change supporters has been wrong. You can’t base your support around phoney science. List just one prediction that has been right? Otherwise, give it a rest ffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back