VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
For tablet and phone, use live video section on home screen of AFL app which can then be cast to TV (may require 3rd party app or screen mirroring for some TVs/smart boxes).

CARLTON
FB: Lewis Young, Akuei, Kemp
HB:
Lachie Young, Cowan, Cincotta
C: Binns, Wilson
, Phillips
HF: Maher, Monahan, Moir
FF:
Nelson, Lemmey, O'Keeffe

R:
Pittonet, Ramshaw, Mills

INT: Gill, White*, Lefroy, Stevens, Lewis

EMG: Lambert, Ferronato, Kuipers, Hogg, Prout

NEW:
Ashton Moir, 18, Plympton/Glenelg
Rob Monahan, 19, County Kerry (Ireland)

Luke Nelson, 26, Coburg
Tom Phillips, 27, Essendon VFL
Billy Wilson, 18, Dromana/Dandenong Stingrays
Lachie Young, 22, North Melbourne AFL

Some size required in the middle, so with any luck we'll send Kemp in there and rest him forward...

For tablet and phone, use live video section on home screen of AFL app which can then be cast to TV (may require 3rd party app or screen mirroring for some TVs/smart boxes).

CARLTON
FB: Lewis Young, Akuei, Kemp
HB:
Lachie Young, Cowan, Cincotta
C: Binns, Wilson
, Phillips
HF: Maher, Monahan, Moir
FF:
Nelson, Lemmey, O'Keeffe

R:
Pittonet, Ramshaw, Mills

INT: Gill, White*, Lefroy, Stevens, Lewis

EMG: Lambert, Ferronato, Kuipers, Hogg, Prout

NEW:
Ashton Moir, 18, Plympton/Glenelg
Rob Monahan, 19, County Kerry (Ireland)

Luke Nelson, 26, Coburg
Tom Phillips, 27, Essendon VFL
Billy Wilson, 18, Dromana/Dandenong Stingrays
Lachie Young, 22, North Melbourne AFL

Some size required in the middle, so with any luck we'll send Kemp in there and rest him forward...
Thanks Jim :thumbsu:
I may even try and get down there for a bit of a look.

No Sam Durdin?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think he needs to go at the end of the year. No point having backup players who are never available when needed as backup.

I wonder what's happened to Cahill and McMahon?
McMahon played for the reserves against Richmond, perhaps injured? No idea on Cahill. He may not be on our list this year.

Actually Cahill did re-sign so maybe injured?

Naish also missing.

These guys are gone: Ben Crocker, Ben Ronke, Ben Moyle, Luke Parks, Mitch Moschetti, Sam Grant and Tyreece Leiu

Anyone else scratching their heads or a tad nervous about the fact that the VFL side has only one listed player playing as a mid in Wilson and the only other is Binns on a flank?
Not really

Walsh pushes a mid back, same as Martin replaces a mid playing HF

We also have both Campo boys next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries to our 1s aren't helping either. I think we have pretty much exhausted all our depth in terms of AFL standard players. Leaves mostly the young guys in the VFL. If everyone is fit, you'd have guys like Carroll, or Cunners or Fog in there. Starts to look better.

I think S Durdin out possibly helps us. We were often unbalanced back there last year with too many talls. The 3 we have back there this week is enough.

Excited to get a look at Moir or Lemmey. Hopefully the midfield wins enough of the ball to give them a look.

Kemp kicks into the corridor under no pressure, misses the target. Kicks into the F50 under no pressure, turnover.

Edit: Kemp receives the handball in the backline, runs himself into trouble and gets knocked off his kick turning it over resulting in a goal.

Edit2: Kemp goes very well to keep it in on the wing, then kicks it straight to a north player with a blues spoil just in time.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back