VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mirkov and Akuei aren't AFL or VFL quality. They are borderline premier league seniors quality.

I think Lemmy will be very lucky to remain on the list next season, one of the traits of a quality tall is that they read it early in the air, he's often nowhere near it, reckon he goes at the end of the season.

Marchbank looks really unfit and very much out of form. Definitely right call not to bring him back into the AFL side. At least 2 weeks away if not more.

Binns, Fantasia, Carroll all look like competent AFL players playing VFL. Carroll and Binns will probably have big games, just fit and consistent.

Durdin looks like a good quality footballer with good skills and knows how to position. Would suite the AFL team. I like him.

Cuningham skill level is above the rest, need to see him a bit more. Hasn't inserted himself in the game as hoped, needs a much much better second half. At this stage he would not be considered for selection.

O'Keefe has done a couple of nice things but more opportunistic things. Looks miles off AFL level. Not seeing him mark in the hands and handle it cleanly which is not a good sign.

Young is good at this level.

Moir miles away.

Wilson not having a big game but showing a bit.

Most VFL listed players don't look great apart from maybe Cahill.

Opposition are poor. Pretty unimpressed with our lot apart from a handful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks to those watching and sharing thoughts.

Marchbank needs a few games in the ressies.. has barely played any footy all year and had a badly interrupted pre season. I want him back in the seniors but with form, touch & confidence.

Looks like Binns Carroll & Fantasia are stuck in the awkward “too good for VFL, not quite at the level for AFL” position.

Expected Cunningham to rack it up in the ressies. Disappointed to hear he hasn’t. I’d keep him there until he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back