Play Nice Random Chat Thread: Episode III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its definitely about sponsorship. I just think it’s pretty hypocritical of Qantas. Their partners with Emirates who’s owner is very tied into the UAE government, where homosexuality is punishable by death. I don’t like hypocrisy.
In the real world though, they can not influence or change the UAE. So they concentrate on what they can change.

It is like complaining about feminists that don’t protest about burkas in Muslim countries. They have zero influence there, so they concentrate their efforts on the areas they can affect. Rightly so in my opinion. It’s not that people don’t care, it is that they recognise the limits of their influence.

In the real world though, they can not influence or change the UAE. So they concentrate on what they can change.

It is like complaining about feminists that don’t protest about burkas in Muslim countries. They have zero influence there, so they concentrate their efforts on the areas they can affect. Rightly so in my opinion. It’s not that people don’t care, it is that they recognise the limits of their influence.

They don’t have to have them as a major partner either. Either have stick by your morals or have none. Anything in between is ingenue

They don’t have to have them as a major partner either. Either have stick by your morals or have none. Anything in between is ingenue

The CEO's lifestyle choice has little to do with the business decisions that they take.

It would be more hypocritical (and unprofessional) if Joyce committed Qantas to a business outcome based on him feeling personally offended.

I doubt any sponsor would be driving this Folau business. They wouldn't have to. That is how it all works. It's a tacit agreement that you don't cross any potential sponsors. And that'd be the case even if Joyce was straight. Qantas or any sponsors wouldn't want to risk alienating any section of the population so the ARU keeps their association politically correct .... for lack of a better term.

Taiwan legalised gay marriage today.

State of Alabama outlawed all abortion, including those from rape and incest yesterday. Punishable by 99 years in prison. Also now looking to overturn Roe vs Wade.

Thumbs up Taiwan.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: bloody Christian evangelicals.

Like as if America was ever "great" in the first place, but Jesus on his bike are they ever going backward at an alarming rate under Trump.

That case, in particular, was with reference to taxation legislation. Not the common law of contract.

It. Doesn't. Matter.

The primacy of constitutional law is my point.

The Constitution, which you keep quoting, is irrelevant.
Statutes such as the FWA are relevant to the extent that they are applicable to employment contracts, but in this case gives him no protection.

Bull s**t.

An extrapolation of a nuance in a contract cannot breach constitutional grounds. Nothing can.

Like as if America was ever "great" in the first place, but Jesus on his bike are they ever going backward at an alarming rate under Trump.

Yes. And I for one am shocked to be sitting here.

(Also, nice cast.)

In other matters of global importance, I can't believe I missed this story from last year....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bull ****.

An extrapolation of a nuance in a contract cannot breach constitutional grounds. Nothing can.

Brilliant.

You should ring Izzy and tell him you can get his $4 million back. I'd ask for a 20% commission if I was you.

Gee, those Maurice Blackburn partners are going to be embarrassed when you come in and win the case based on the hitherto unknown "Nuance Principle".

Taiwan legalised gay marriage today.

State of Alabama outlawed all abortion, including those from rape and incest yesterday. Punishable by 99 years in prison. Also now looking to overturn Roe vs Wade.

Thumbs up Taiwan.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: bloody Christian evangelicals.

Why is it Trumps fault? Those are state issues. Whether you or I agree is irrelevant because it seems like the majority of Americans are anti-abortion:

1558138499355.png

Those figures may be incorrect (I thought it was 50/50 across the country). The fact remains it clearly is a divisive issue. It sets a bad example if a president comes in and overrules a state on issues that are split down the middle. It's the end of the world if Trump dares mention anything about California being a sanctuary state but now if he doesn't step in and overrule Alabama he's a monster. Just highlights the hypocrisy of it all. Once upon a time liberals wanted less government - now it's "we want/don't want you to be an authoritarian dependant on what we believe!" Trump returned power to the states and overall that is greater freedom for the people.

The biggest issue is what are these pro-life people going to do about it. We always hear that they will be increasing funding and care for unwanted children but I haven't seen any evidence of this. Time for them to put their money where their mouth is and also improve sex education. Make people smarter about their choices. But if worst case scenario - a child is born after a rape then there better be people willing to raise it, and pay for everything including emotional support etc.

I don't see any evidence of it going backward. Is unemployment going backward? No. It's at its lowest rate since Dec 1969. A whole 1.6% better than Australia. Damn Trump and his ability to provide jobs for people...damn him to hell!

• Donates his entire salary every year. % wise he donates far more than "humanitarian" Bernie Sanders
  • Union representation - USMCA is far better than the previous NAFTA
  • "Trump Slump" - gun/ammunition sales are far lower under Trump than during Barry's term (Barry also had larger numbers than Bush and Clinton)
  • Trump has dropped down the number of troops fighting overseas
  • Secured the release of 19 people overseas. More in 2 years than Obama did in 8.
  • Wages have risen 3.1% (biggest jump since 2009)
  • "Right to try" law which allows dying people to have access to experimental medications
  • https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...j-trump-fighting-eradicate-human-trafficking/ - Abolish Human Trafficking Act + Frederick Douglass Trafficking Victims Prevention and Protection Reauthorization Act
  • Two big female appointments in the CIA (including Gina Haspel (first female director))
  • He pulled out of Barry's disastrous Iran deal
  • Rightfully stood by Brett Kavanaugh
  • Working on censorship and the invasion of privacy by social media platforms and big tech
  • Criminal justice reform and opioid legislation
  • Top notch twitter posting
He would have done more had the democrats not try and handicap him at every turn (border wall funding and the stupid Russian conspiracy that has ans continues to drag on)).

tenor.gif

Why is it Trumps fault? Those are state issues. Whether you or I agree is irrelevant because it seems like the majority of Americans are anti-abortion:

View attachment 676001

Those figures may be incorrect (I thought it was 50/50 across the country). The fact remains it clearly is a divisive issue. It sets a bad example if a president comes in and overrules a state on issues that are split down the middle. It's the end of the world if Trump dares mention anything about California being a sanctuary state but now if he doesn't step in and overrule Alabama he's a monster. Just highlights the hypocrisy of it all. Once upon a time liberals wanted less government - now it's "we want/don't want you to be an authoritarian dependant on what we believe!" Trump returned power to the states and overall that is greater freedom for the people.

The biggest issue is what are these pro-life people going to do about it. We always hear that they will be increasing funding and care for unwanted children but I haven't seen any evidence of this. Time for them to put their money where their mouth is and also improve sex education. Make people smarter about their choices. But if worst case scenario - a child is born after a rape then there better be people willing to raise it, and pay for everything including emotional support etc.

I don't see any evidence of it going backward. Is unemployment going backward? No. It's at its lowest rate since Dec 1969. A whole 1.6% better than Australia. Damn Trump and his ability to provide jobs for people...damn him to hell!

• Donates his entire salary every year. % wise he donates far more than "humanitarian" Bernie Sanders
  • Union representation - USMCA is far better than the previous NAFTA
  • "Trump Slump" - gun/ammunition sales are far lower under Trump than during Barry's term (Barry also had larger numbers than Bush and Clinton)
  • Trump has dropped down the number of troops fighting overseas
  • Secured the release of 19 people overseas. More in 2 years than Obama did in 8.
  • Wages have risen 3.1% (biggest jump since 2009)
  • "Right to try" law which allows dying people to have access to experimental medications
  • https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...j-trump-fighting-eradicate-human-trafficking/ - Abolish Human Trafficking Act + Frederick Douglass Trafficking Victims Prevention and Protection Reauthorization Act
  • Two big female appointments in the CIA (including Gina Haspel (first female director))
  • He pulled out of Barry's disastrous Iran deal
  • Rightfully stood by Brett Kavanaugh
  • Working on censorship and the invasion of privacy by social media platforms and big tech
  • Criminal justice reform and opioid legislation
  • Top notch twitter posting
He would have done more had the democrats not try and handicap him at every turn (border wall funding and the stupid Russian conspiracy that has ans continues to drag on)).

tenor.gif

How the * can you say anybody rightfully stood by torture memo tzar and liar to senators Brett "Enron" Kavanagh who is possibly the worst corporate stooge in the US judiciary.

Oh yeah - hooray for the CIA, Captain Jonestown.

Also Groin guru - about abortion.... do you support the right of the state to make laws that decide what medical procedures you can or cannot undertake?
I'm not anti-abortion (I am after a certain time frame (health impacts that time frame)).

It's a complex issue. I don't support the right of the state to say that but apparently more Americans do than don't. I'm not entitled enough to think my opinion outweighs the majority, nor do I think it's right for the president to come in and override it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back