Preview Rd 1 Geelong V Collingwood Fri March 17 2023 740 pm @ MCG

Predicted winner & margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like something like this from GF team:

IN: Bruhn, O Henry, SavRat, Holmes, Parfitt (*considering was sub) ?
Out: Duncan, Selwood, J Henry, Kolo, ??

Sounds like Hawkins will play.

Sounds like something like this from GF team:

IN: Bruhn, O Henry, SavRat, Holmes, Parfitt (*considering was sub) ?
Out: Duncan, Selwood, J Henry, Kolo, ??

Sounds like Hawkins will play.
You'd think that's the 23. Sub depends if anyone's a bit underdone coming into the year. It's different now it's not just an injury sub. You can plan to sub them in during the 3rd quarter to give extra run.

Just tactically I wouldn't be shocked to see Stanley or Sav be the one subbed out fairly regularly if we're fully fit. Stanley often spent more time on the bench in the last quarter and Blicavs rucked more. I'd sort of expect that to be a more common thing especially with Sav in defence and his ability to chop out in the ruck if needed.

I’d like the season to not to be playing catch up towards the finals and start resting players to have them primed

Time will tell what type of year we have
We started the season 5-4 before going undefeated from there (altho going more or less WLWL we always stayed on the positive side of the ledger). Also helped that Melbourne went from 10-0 to 16-6.

The point being, I’m happy to start slow if it means building into finals rather than crash and burn as Melb did and we often have too in the past

I’d like the season to not to be playing catch up towards the finals and start resting players to have them primed

Time will tell what type of year we have

AS shown by the 16 in a row ... I think we can win a lot of games if we are fit. That is going to be key this year as a I feel the luck of the irish we had last year might not be as strong

Parf out is interesting as some (including myself said) he will struggle for games as well as Menegola.

Looks a good team, hopefully we get the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parf out is interesting as some (including myself said) he will struggle for games as well as Menegola.

Looks a good team, hopefully we get the win.
I think he plays with Holmes out, unless the hammy talk was crap

Who will stand up for OH? he's going to cop a bit . Atkins I suspect.
Could have a big game, he is likely to get the 4th defender which he might be too much for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back