Unofficial Preview Rd 11 Bloods v Cats at the Litter Box

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect to Sinclair who continues to give his all but in my many many years I have seen very few occasions where a midfield has enjoyed such silver service from a ruckman as I saw on Friday night. That we got as close as we did is an absolute credit to Reid, our midfield, and Horse.
It was very good coaching. Credit where its due. And particularly to Clarke. A player who is resurrecting his career with guts and determination. Impressive.

I am convinced the Cats will again choke on furballs v Us. They have form and so do we down at the Litter Box.

No JPK, Cunningham, Reg, George, Grandpa, Smithy, Naismith, Jones, KJ (hopefully) - not a problem. We will Big Ben Bell the Cat.

Foxy will play on Grohan. Foxy actually tackles and applies pressure rather than infering or dialling it in as the Grohan did.

The fat Budda cat at ff will kick two behinds. In a stunning turn of events #freekickSelwood will give away five frees and two fifties. Kelly and Danger will not be factors.

Our champ CHF will boot six and get a free. Some bald stretched out McPointy will be big for the second week in a row

Speaking of Rows, Rowbottom will dominate clearances with Dawson. Dawson will take the kick-ins, boot three goals and win 29 possies. A2 will prove impassable at chb.

In a stunning debut, Grassy Knoll will have 53 taps, 34 to advantage.

Ollie and Hayward will dominate. The latter,to Bedders' disgust, will rejoice in multiple nicknames- Haylist, Haybarn, Haycart, Hayburner etc..

Such will be our dominance, Heeney will spend the game on the bench. His unbridled joy just watching will miraculously cure his
injuries.

Jose Horsey will occupy the Bench. After many years of training and dressage on traditional tracks he has a Road to Damascus moment and realises he is a footy coach and not a parking Attendant in a Bus parking lot.

Finally in a remarkable turn of events Ramps does not pick up and throw Razor Ray to intercept a feral cat kick for goal.

I still think Mills will get to the mids at some point. Some semblance of a regular back six is starting to solidify with Melican slowly getting back into form, COR staking a claim to best 22 and Thurlow looking pretty good. For Mills to move upfield Horse will want to make sure that his spot in defence is more than covered. I was keen to see Mills already playing big minutes in the guts and I'm still hopeful it'll happen this season.

I still think Mills will get to the mids at some point. Some semblance of a regular back six is starting to solidify with Melican slowly getting back into form, COR staking a claim to best 22 and Thurlow looking pretty good. For Mills to move upfield Horse will want to make sure that his spot in defence is more than covered. I was keen to see Mills already playing big minutes in the guts and I'm still hopeful it'll happen this season.
Ditto

I am convinced the Cats will again choke on furballs v Us. They have form and so do we down at the Litter Box.

No JPK, Cunningham, Reg, George, Grandpa, Smithy, Naismith, Jones, KJ (hopefully) - not a problem. We will Big Ben Bell the Cat.

Foxy will play on Grohan. Foxy actually tackles and applies pressure rather than infering or dialling it in as the Grohan did.

The fat Budda cat at ff will kick two behinds. In a stunning turn of events #freekickSelwood will give away five frees and two fifties. Kelly and Danger will not be factors.

Our champ CHF will boot six and get a free. Some bald stretched out McPointy will be big for the second week in a row

Speaking of Rows, Rowbottom will dominate clearances with Dawson. Dawson will take the kick-ins, boot three goals and win 29 possies. A2 will prove impassable at chb.

Ollie and Hayward will dominate. The latter,to Bedders' disgust, will rejoice in multiple nicknames- Haylist, Haybarn, Haycart, Hayburner etc..

Such will be our dominance, Heeney will spend the game on the bench. His unbridled joy just watching will miraculously cure his
injuries.

Jose Horsey will occupy the Bench. After many years of training and dressage on traditional tracks he has a Road to Damascus moment and realises he is a footy coach and not a parking Attendant in a Bus parking lot.

Finally in a remarkable turn of events Ramps does not pick up and throw Razor Ray to intercept a feral cat kick for goal.
Before I got to the last paragraph, I was going to reply:

"And with Sydney up by a seemingly insurmountable 30-goal lead, Rampe will find a way to get us disqualified."

injuries.

Reasonable summation. You are kicking metaphors through the middle from sixty metres out on the boundary into a howling gale.

Maybe Mills best spot isn't in a defensive midfield. And let's be honest, our midfield right now is necessarily a defensive one.

Mills (and Heeney for that matter) strike me as types that will be the types that can hit midfield contests at pace which can only really happen when you have a better than average chance at winning taps to advantage.

The sense was in pre-season that Naismith would be back earlier than now yet he remains "TBC". He's clearly had some sort of setback. And we've recruited Knoll. So maybe we might see more midfield minutes in the back half of the year.

But I don't necessarily think the midfield is what it used to be anyway. I don't think you should necessarily be putting your best players in there. Not if they can do more damage elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No disrespect to Sinclair who continues to give his all but in my many many years I have seen very few occasions where a midfield has enjoyed such silver service from a ruckman as I saw on Friday night. That we got as close as we did is an absolute credit to Reid, our midfield, and Horse.

I mean yeah, sure. But Pendlebury has been tearing us new arseholes going back nearly a decade now. Definitely pre-Grundy. We just didn't have anyone in our midfield capable of beating him and I'm not surprised being a GOAT and all, just saying regardless of whether he's a champion or whether he had ruck service or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that he was best on ground for me.

I don't like being mr negative but it won't happen.

I mean yeah, sure. But Pendlebury has been tearing us new arseholes going back nearly a decade now. Definitely pre-Grundy. We just didn't have anyone in our midfield capable of beating him and I'm not surprised being a GOAT and all, just saying regardless of whether he's a champion or whether he had ruck service or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that he was best on ground for me.

Pendlebury's average disposals against us are 23.40. His average against all clubs is 26.55.

His average against Sydney is 1.4 disposals lower than the next lowest club. In circumstances where their record against us is 15-5.

He has 4 times equalled or bettered his 29 disposals against us.

29 in 2012 (Jolly)
35 in 2013 (Grundy)
33 in 2014 (Grundy)
31 in 2015 (Grundy).

Pendlebury is statistically The Bloods Biatch!

Pendlebury's average disposals against us are 23.40. His average against all clubs is 26.55.

His average against Sydney is 1.4 disposals lower than the next lowest club. In circumstances where their record against us is 15-5.

He has 4 times equalled or bettered his 29 disposals against us.

29 in 2012 (Jolly)
35 in 2013 (Grundy)
33 in 2014 (Grundy)
31 in 2015 (Grundy).

Pendlebury is statistically The Bloods Biatch!

And in none of those seasons did he have a dominant ruck. Jolly was nearly gone by 2012 and Grundy only became half-decent in about 2016 and then shot up from then on. You're also assuming that disposal counts matter with a player of Pendlebury's ilk. He could have 15 disposals and they'd all be disposals that either set up an attacking play or would be a turn-over for any other player. He wasn't BOG on Friday night because of his 29 possessions. He was BOG because of what he did with them!

If McVeigh comes in, I can see O'Riordan getting cut. We only play 7 defenders, so unless Mills suddenly makes the mythical move to the midfield, I would imagine a defender would be dropped for McVeigh.

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if COR was dropped but Fox also had poor numbers yet again. If COR is dropped for McVeigh that would be arguably the worst call Horse has made this year (in a year that's so far been full of em)

Yeah wouldn't surprise me if COR was dropped but Fox also had poor numbers yet again. If COR is dropped for McVeigh that would be arguably the worst call Horse has made this year (in a year that's so far been full of em)

I get the impression the coaches aren't sold on Menzel coming in this week. Wouldn't surprise me if it was just Kennedy out for McVeigh.

I don't remember Pendles carving us up too often other than 2014, to be honest. Swan used to. Otherwise it always seems to be players like Adams or Wells who are inconsistent/often injured which have a brilliant game from out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back