Autopsy Rd 8 bad kicking is bad footy = Bloods

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can back it up in how you play then sure. If you're then going to lose in contested possessions for example, or have 16 less tackles inside 50 for example, and get killed in centre clearances... areas of the game where actual hardness and toughness counts for something... then it becomes a problem.

I also just think we just took it too far with the contact to Daicos' head, while the visual of 3 or 4 blokes laying into 1 bloke is the very opposite of physical intimidation; it conveys weakness.
Maybe he'll make a harrassment complaint to the Collingwood 'People and Culture Officer' and they can have a meeting with the Swans players about confirming to HR policy guidlines on workplace behaviours. Then HR can lead a mediation session with a therapist and reach a concilliated outcome beneficial to everybody's mental and spiritual wellbeing.

Then they can separately also release a joint comunique on how it's not ok to boo an opponent to put them off their game if they happens to identify as belonging to any non-white, non hetro normative, non cis gender group. Because...reasons.

Furthermore anyone wishing to tackle anyone in future should consider the impact on the physical and mental wellbeing of the individual and only tackle them after having obtained their consent.

I''ve been repeating the same thing for weeks but Horse is not reading my posts.

1. Ladhams is a liability
2. We can't hit a player inside 50
3. We c,an't hit a player outside 50
4. We can't kick set shots.
5. We fumble, we miss tackles and miss targets by hand and foot.
6. We make unpressured errors (clangers) - see 2, 3 and 5.

Agree that it is very frustrating that
Longmire has not told the players to stop making mistakes

We pretty much matched them in contested possessions and tackles. That argument doesn't stack up.

I'm not sure what other argument to make because I didnt even notice the free kick count during the game or the replay.

There was one free to Elliott inside 50 that was soft but otherwise nothing noteworthy at all.

I''ve been repeating the same thing for weeks but Horse is not reading my posts.

1. Ladhams is a liability
2. We can't hit a player inside 50
3. We c,an't hit a player outside 50
4. We can't kick set shots.
5. We fumble, we miss tackles and miss targets by hand and foot.
6. We make unpressured errors (clangers) - see 2, 3 and 5.

If I hear one more commentator pump up the kicking of a Swans player or the team as a whole, I will go postal. I will jump onto the big Fox desk and shove the microphones so far down the throats of every one of those smug has-beens that they willl be literally talking out of their butts, rather than just figuratively - For those tragics who constantly use literally when they mean figuratively, that is a literal example of how you differentiate between when to use literally and when to use figuratively. You have figuratively had your asses spanked.

Back to the game, this week we can add a 24:10 free kick ratio to our woes. The VFL really carries a long grudge against Sydney and Franklin. I guess the sting of betrayal still hurts. "Hell hath no fury like a footy league scorned"

So what's the solution, short of forming a Northern states only AFL League.

The solution is certainly not Francis! Here's a bloke who couldn't kick his slippers off in front of a warm fire, without landing the left one in the fire and hitting the old family labrador in the face with the other, knocking out her last remaining teeth and sending her big sad eyes off to doggy heaven.

Was Francis recruited by the work experience kid? The same dude who thought Ladhams would help?

I mean, what kind of a nonce spends most of the first quarter whining over a sore arm (waah, mummy, kiss it better) then still has just enough time to give away a 50m penalty when he fails to see a player standing right next to him asking for the ball. (I'd hate to see a beggar asking Ladhams for change. He'd probably dish out a $1 coin and throw it into a storm drain. "What?" "What?") How much longer can his one lonely brain cell hold out in solitary confinement? Then when he actually managed to take a rare contested hero mark, he misses the shot on goal from right on the bloody goal line, confirming his status as the team goat (no caps). Crikey, even Isaac (Twanger) Heeney could have kicked that one.

Has anyone tested to see if Ladhams' eyes are actually connected? Do his optic nerves go to his one remaining brain cell or do they just sort of hang down the back of his throat like a couple of lengths of cold spaghetti, left over from last Tuesday's dinner?

Seriously recruiters. I don't get why we'd let go of a couple of half decent players, with maybe some upside, just to scoop up a couple of big steamy floaters from the Port and Essendon change room toliets, dress them in a Swans jumper and waste a chunk of salary cap for a laugh. A turd in a Swans jumper is still a turd. It stiill plays like shite and stinks like it.

And while we're talking Swans bring-your-child-to-work-day, our forwards coach and midfield coach need to get their heads together. "No, no, not like that". I mean get on the same page, talk to each other. Don't just smash heads like a couple of horny ibexes in springtime.

Oh fruit! Roll on 2024 or can we at least get Reid, Hickey and Amartey back? I can't believe Reid used to get chastised for missing the odd set shot. He'd be a dead-eye in this team. He could also take a contested mark, bring the ball to ground and apply forward 50 pressure. Remember those things?

What about the positives? I hear you holler. Surely there must be some positives to take out of this collapse.

Sure. We're consistent. Once again we played less than a half of footy yet we still blew the opposition away in the clanger count. No-one clangs like we can clang.

Rubbaduck out.
Phew Rubbaduck!! Gee for a moment there I thought you were going to go on a rant.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what other argument to make because I didnt even notice the free kick count during the game or the replay.

There was one free to Elliott inside 50 that was soft but otherwise nothing noteworthy at all.
Very noticeable

I remember a time when a couple here wanted him but many thought he was a hack 😂 😂
He turned out probably better than most of us thought and would fill a more important gap than we thought we would have. Would have been amazing if he chose to come to us when we went after him.

On the push and above question, I think you can do it but it needs to be with respect. I didn’t like the body language and facial expressions when the Swans went after Daicos, it looked more mean / bullying than tough. And as others noted, it is a particularly bad look if you leave your team stranded when your opponent gives it back.

I would much rather the Swans to be a team that plays really hard, makes the impact in play really hard and fair, and then if someone starts sh*t off the ball we first run to our player’s defence, and then give it back in spades - legally, cooly and calmly - when they least expect it.

I want us to be respected and a little bit feared. I think we came across as over the top, unlikable and missing when it matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty tough to play out the game after copping a knee to the neck/back of the head.
I wouldn't fair any better if it was me, but he definitely goes down like a sack of s**t when someone clips him. Like noticeably quicker than other players. Doesn't try disguising the pain at all.

I wouldn't fair any better if it was me, but he definitely goes down like a sack of s**t when someone clips him. Like noticeably quicker than other players. Doesn't try disguising the pain at all.

Ah can't remember the last time he was injured during the game. Do you know when it was?

Pretty sure it was Papley that did it. Stevic blew the whistle straight away. The issue I have with it is 10 seconds earlier, a Collingwood player ran from the goal square to charge into the back of Paps, dropped him to the ground 5 meters in front of Stevic who watched the whole thing happen and let it go. If you let someone charge into anothers back, don't then pay a soft as s**t elbow to the back. I am convinced the bloke is a cheat..

No he's not a cheat.
He umpired against dickhead actions.
We did a lot of dickhead actions on Sunday.
We got out just desserts.
Just play footy & give our best in a positive representation of the club.

No he's not a cheat.
He umpired against dickhead actions.
We did a lot of dickhead actions on Sunday.
We got out just desserts.
Just play footy & give our best in a positive representation of the club.
He's a cheat , just hates us as i hate him

He's a cheat , just hates us as i hate him
Yeah fair enough Bedders.
I just can't get past how silly we were.
In between games now those are the puctures I have in my head until they rectify it.
It was only 10 games ago we smashed them in a half of footy, playing footy until Reid was injured.
Too many other embarrassing things dominate my thoughts now on anything Swans.
Really sad actually.

Yeah fair enough Bedders.
I just can't get past how silly we were.
In between games now those are the puctures I have in my head until they rectify it.
It was only 10 games ago we smashed them in a half of footy, playing footy until Reid was injured.
Too many other embarrassing things dominate my thoughts now on anything Swans.
Really sad actually.
And surely it has to come back to the coach and his assistants , as i've said before McVeigh has never been to another club and is forwards coach ffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back