Autopsy Rd 8 bad kicking is bad footy = Bloods

Remove this Banner Ad

Btw the daicos thing I think the coaches definitely gave directive to be physical with him so he doesn't get easy possessions, he feels pressure but I think the leadership group then decided upon themselves to go further & do the bullshit shoulder punches etc. I don't think that's what the coaches would've wanted to see when they said be physical...

Look at Geelong, they have hard nuts without having the fake tough guy s**t. That's what we should aspire. I don't think we have any 'tough guys' in our team nor do we need them, even on the weekend you could tell it was fake, OTT & basically cringey af. They weren't even doing it right. If you want to be tough then win the contest, apply pressure in the fwd half, make the tough decision to be selfless in your leading patterns & fwd 50 entries. That's real toughness imo.

Btw the daicos thing I think the coaches definitely gave directive to be physical with him so he doesn't get easy possessions, he feels pressure but I think the leadership group then decided upon themselves to go further & do the bullshit shoulder punches etc. I don't think that's what the coaches would've wanted to see when they said be physical...

Look at Geelong, they have hard nuts without having the fake tough guy s**t. That's what we should aspire. I don't think we have any 'tough guys' in our team nor do we need them, even on the weekend you could tell it was fake, OTT & basically cringey af. They weren't even doing it right. If you want to be tough then win the contest, apply pressure in the fwd half, make the tough decision to be selfless in your leading patterns & fwd 50 entries. That's real toughness imo.
That's all fake toughness , like the shitty stomach punches from say Mark McVeigh , isn't his brother our forward coach !

The more I think about it, the more embarassed I am.
Now the club sooking about the booing.
Gold Coast have gone past us with real toughness.

I think we are at a lose lose no matter what direction we take on this.

Dont really have a strong opinion of it i rather we focus more on the on-field stuff.

From the outside looking in it feels like there's no leadership in this team.

has not been for a very long time

Errol and Fox, neither of whom are in the leadership group, are the closest we have to ‘here follow me boys we have this’.

Yesterday Gulden had an extraordinary 3rd Q after a great first half and worked himself to a standstill. He was toast at 3/4 time. Was less effective in the last but kept on ploughing on.

So is Rampe the true leader as there's no Bloods culture on display
Not saying it doesn't exist, just can't see it anywhere.

From our apathetic starts to our choking away leads, the bizarre tactics to our inability to halt opposition momentum, I'm not seeing where there's clear leadership on display.

Just feels like we're all over the shop and every 10 minutes or so we look unrecognisable to the team of the previous 10 minutes.

Errol and Fox, neither of whom are in the leadership group, are the closest we have to ‘here follow me boys we have this’.

Yesterday Gulden had an extraordinary 3rd Q after a great first half and worked himself to a standstill. He was toast at 3/4 time. Was less effective in the last but kept on ploughing on.
I don't disagree, but it is ironic that you're so harsh on Rowbottom when it was he who literally willed us over the line on multiple occasions last year en route to the GF.

As for the bolded, I still don't agree with that. The way our leaders stood up and took responsibility for our faltering season last year and helped to turn it around had us resembling the 2012-2016 era of Swans more than any iteration of the Swans since. Mills sacrificed part of his individual game to be more of a general in the side, Rampe turned his form around to make our back-line back to its stingy best, and Parker started playing a selfless role for the sake of the midfield.

The right players are there. Just not sure what's going on with it atm.

Not saying it doesn't exist, just can't see it anywhere.

From our apathetic starts to our choking away leads, the bizarre tactics to our inability to halt opposition momentum, I'm not seeing where there's clear leadership on display.

Just feels like we're all over the shop and every 10 minutes or so we look unrecognisable to the team of the previous 10 minutes.
I never said that what your reply was , did you read it or just posted . MAYBE RAMPE IS THE LEADER , WE WOULD HAVE BEATEN GWS WITH HIM

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't disagree, but it is ironic that you're so harsh on Rowbottom when it was he who literally willed us over the line on multiple occasions last year en route to the GF.

As for the bolded, I still don't agree with that. The way our leaders stood up and took responsibility for our faltering season last year and helped to turn it around had us resembling the 2012-2016 era of Swans more than any iteration of the Swans since. Mills sacrificed part of his individual game to be more of a general in the side, Rampe turned his form around to make our back-line back to its stingy best, and Parker started playing a selfless role for the sake of the midfield.

The right players are there. Just not sure what's going on with it atm.

For me your examples are more about the form and roles of individuals Combined with their ‘voice’ in their part of the ground. Putting aside Bont is an absolute star, Insee him as a natural leader as he was in his first year.

Peddles is a great player but always ducked for cover when the Club was in strife. Moore is an upgrade.

Gawn is a terrific inspirational leader that his team trusts and is inspired by. Touk Miller is another.

So there is a article suggesting we "overstepped" the mark with Daicos which to be frank greatly surprised me.

Was there a article when Mills was bullied from start to finish against Carlton? i cant recall if there was i doubt it.
There was and how it was about how strong and determined Carlton were. They took it to the Swans and put them in a position where they wouldn't make finals

:)

I think we are at a lose lose no matter what direction we take on this.

Dont really have a strong opinion of it i rather we focus more on the on-field stuff.

Horse handled it well yesterday, seemed done to me

Yup agree. Basically what I was saying earlier. I will excuse Buddy because he walks it every effort, but there are too many really good players not saying follow me by outcome or process which is worrying.

We used to have 22 hard bastards play each week with varying skill levels. But they were hard. Not so much now.

I was excited by the Daicos thing, I thought yeh that's it you get it. Then Clarke was left by himself....intent, the buzzword, was there, disappeared quick.

Anyway, hope they review 3 quarters and say let's do that for 4.

you could tell Errol was knackered when he stopped nailing all his kicks. He could just about land a ball on a pin from anywhere with his kick. It's almost his trademark.

IMO the moment that killed us came in the 3rd. We were dominating possession but butchering the ball with shitty handballs and shitty kicks inside 50. Then we have probably our best play of the day, a series of handballs (!!) running through the corridor, a kick to an isolated, leading forward (!!) and a mark inside 50 (!!) It was like the skies had finally opened and we remembered how to play good, clean, attacking footy.

Then Francis takes the shot and misses.

I don't know what it was like at the ground but watching on the TV we looked sluggish from thereon. And wouldn't be surprising if the air was let out of our tyres. You have a near-perfect passage of footy and it still doesn't end in a goal.

Not blaming Francis, as by that point the rot in front of goals had already set in. To me the blame lies more with Heeney, Hayward, Papley etc. who are experienced forwards who set the tone for the day and put us under the pump with their missed shots.

You should blame Francis. He’s two kicks were abysmal. He’s not up to it

Ladhams is mentally soft to and a little soft when gets hit

He isn’t a premiership ruck in the making

I have faith. No one thought Mike Pike was a premiership ruck in the making either

You don’t always have to be right in the head for ultimate success - Goran won Wimbledon and the great Barry Hall captained a drought breaking flag

For me your examples are more about the form and roles of individuals Combined with their ‘voice’ in their part of the ground. Putting aside Bont is an absolute star, Insee him as a natural leader as he was in his first year.

Peddles is a great player but always ducked for cover when the Club was in strife. Moore is an upgrade.

Gawn is a terrific inspirational leader that his team trusts and is inspired by. Touk Miller is another.
IMO leadership can be reflected in the form and roles of individuals though. For example for our young fellas to see Parker, who has always been see-ball-get-ball for over a decade, suddenly taking more of a backseat and allowing others to shine, set a really good example about selflessness, structure, discipline etc.

I wonder if this loss was the wake up call the club needed. It was an opportunity to nail our belief as a top 4 calibre team but we failed to do so. Blessing in disguise? We finally might see some more consistent performances & some players being humbled in their actual effort & output this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back