Rd 18 - Carlton v Gold Coast - Sat 20th July 2:10pm(EST) @ Marvel - Updated Team Post #509

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updated team ...

IN: Weiters, Deluca

OUT: Goddard (injured), Dow

EMG: Schumacher, Phillips, Fasolo,

NEW: Josh Deluca

B Lachie Plowman , Liam Jones , Kade Simpson
HB Nic Newman , Jacob Weitering , Dale Thomas
C Lochie O'Brien , Ed Curnow , Will Setterfield
HF Michael Gibbons , Levi Casboult , Jack Silvagni
F Zac Fisher , Harry McKay , Matthew Kennedy

FOL Matthew Kreuzer , Patrick Cripps , Marc Murphy

I/C Sam Petrevski-Seton , Sam Walsh , Darcy Lang , Josh Deluca

Similar to Gibbons I expect.

A lot of pressure on Lang now, if De Luca takes his chance and Dow and Cuningham are fit for next week 8 possessions from Lang don't cut it.

Like Gibbons, sounds like Deluca excelled as a mid in the WAFL and has been playing there for Northern Blues...yet will likely play mostly forward tomorrow.

Interesting to see how he goes, but let's not expect too much.

Like Gibbons, sounds like Deluca excelled as a mid in the WAFL and has been playing there for Northern Blues...yet will likely play mostly forward tomorrow.

Interesting to see how he goes, but let's not expect too much.
I expect between 15-19 disposals with 4-odd tackles. Maybe a sneaky goal depending how much he's playing up forward vs middle.

He won't be a straight swap for Dow imo, with his bigger body they'll probably want him in the contest a bit more than Dow has been recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard running, pressure and tackling are all I am expecting - anything else is a bonus.
Josh will give you pressures , a hard working , neat midfielder chases the ball has reasonable footy IQ and kick too. Hope he has a great debut the youngster must be so excited, very lucky to get another go at the big time in exciting times for the Club, great team with ripping coach. Go Josh hope Baggers bring home the big 4 points

Not for me.

I think Dow is far more talented. Even doing a couple of things per game, he seems to come up with a special moment. Has the versatility to nab a few clearances if someone goes down in the middle too.

Fas hasn't done anything in the couple of games he has played for us this year.

Plus, he's from Collingwood. Going to take a while to convince me he's truly one of us.

Me thinks you have very little time left to adjust ....

Will be very interesting to see how the side handles being favourites - and not just to win, but win well. The last few years, this would be a situation where we would show mental weakness, phone it in, disgrace ourselves and undo all the progress made over the past month or so. Usually we're the pressure-release valve for struggling teams.

What we SHOULD do is show how much of a gap there is between us and 18th and hammer them by minimum 8 goals. Will we though?

Then ask for a priority pick .....

Hard running, pressure and tackling are all I am expecting - anything else is a bonus.

Yep agreed.

But playing in an unfamiliar position and only joined the club a month ago...would not be surprised if, like Gibbons in his first month or so, he gets a bit lost and doesn't have a huge impact.

As you said though, as long as the effort is there i think we'll be happy.

No mention from the Club on another emergency in place of Deluca.

An emergency for an emergency? Not sure they replace them.

There are 3 other emergencies.

Teague's presser ...

On Deluca ...

Sounds like Dow was given all the time possible to see how he pulled up and was probably too sore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back