Rd 18 - Carlton v Gold Coast - Sat 20th July 2:10pm(EST) @ Marvel - Updated Team Post #509

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Fazzy boy.

Not for me.

I think Dow is far more talented. Even doing a couple of things per game, he seems to come up with a special moment. Has the versatility to nab a few clearances if someone goes down in the middle too.

Fas hasn't done anything in the couple of games he has played for us this year.

Plus, he's from Collingwood. Going to take a while to convince me he's truly one of us.

Not for me.

I think Dow is far more talented. Even doing a couple of things per game, he seems to come up with a special moment. Has the versatility to nab a few clearances if someone goes down in the middle too.

Fas hasn't done anything in the couple of games he has played for us this year.

Plus, he's from Collingwood. Going to take a while to convince me he's truly one of us.

I meant as a temporary fill in, you could do a lot worse than Fazzy boy.

If Dow is healthy, it's a different story.

I meant as a temporary fill in, you could do a lot worse than Fazzy boy.

Such as?

Look, preseason I had Fasolo in our best 22. I have been disappointed with him though. Whatever he had, he no longer does from what I can see. Pies knew what they were doing.

Such as?

Look, preseason I had Fasolo in our best 22. I have been disappointed with him though. Whatever he had, he no longer does from what I can see. Pies knew what they were doing.

Has been thrust into the midfield in the VFL and has been getting amongst it quite well.

As I said, compared to depth options we have had in years past...

Has been thrust into the midfield in the VFL and has been getting amongst it quite well.

As I said, compared to depth options we have had in years past...

Yeah, but high teen disposals with an ordinary efficiency isn't much to write home about in the VFL, and only 1 goal per game as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VFL bench.

Come on Jimmy mate, I'm not a dentist.

8 man bench at the moment isn't it? Nobody in that lot is likely to step up to the seniors this week. Blakey into the 18 and Stocker into the seniors? Owies into the forward line for Dow?

Anyone else think Lang is very lucky to be named this week?
No. I just see it as investing faith into a player to see where it leads to . Struggled week one, was a bit better last week.

Might pay off might not but at least we'll know where he stands. Bloke can actually play and this is his first real run at it for us injury free.

Anyone else think Lang is very lucky to be named this week?
I think he is lucky to be at the blues because he gets a chance to play at afl level bit more easily than if he was at most other clubs. We are still building and the position he is playing is vacant with cunners injured and not too many others in vfl side better than Lang in that role atm.

Also most players get a run of three games at senior level to show their capabilities. If he doesn’t step up this week and cunners becomes available he will definitely be dropped again.

I do wonder how he will perform once he recovers fully from his injury (ankle?). I think he also needs to get a bit bigger/stronger he is prone to letting tackles slip.

If Deluca is in for him, I can live with that.
May be nothing, but, FB page popped up with one poster named Deluca from WA offering that Dow had not trained all week. How would a WA based poster be aware of training participants unless he had been talking to a family member close to the action.

Love to see Murphy get to 300+ games and Ed to at least 250 games

If we catch fire rest of this year and next year and make the finals, these 2 will be very keen to keep going as long as they can.

Another reason Bolts strategy of keeping them on the outside when we were getting flogged made no sense, the way we were going we would of had experienced guys retiring even sooner.

No. I just see it as investing faith into a player to see where it leads to . Struggled week one, was a bit better last week.

Might pay off might not but at least we'll know where he stands. Bloke can actually play and this is his first real run at it for us injury free.

Yes I like the idea of giving him a few games in a row to see what he’s got.

If nothing, then fine we move him on. If we get something out of him we have another afl quality player to choose from going forward.

With CC out we really don’t have a high production Forward.

Hope this is the week Harry steps up and kicks a big bag.

If we don’t get a big one from our key forwards this could be a slog.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can see the goals being shared around. Kennedy, Murphy, Walsh, Fisher, SPS, Gibbons, Jack, Setterfield, Kruezer, Cripps, Ed, Dow, O'brien, can all chip in with 1 - 2 goals, to add to Harry & Levi. No problems with scoring.

Yes I like the idea of giving him a few games in a row to see what he’s got.

If nothing, then fine we move him on. If we get something out of him we have another afl quality player to choose from going forward.
Sorry, which player are we talking about? Is it Kennedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back