Rd 18 - Carlton v Gold Coast - Sat 20th July 2:10pm(EST) @ Marvel - Updated Team Post #509

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Braves
:carlton: v :goldcoast:

CARLTON (17) vs GOLD COAST SUNS (18)
Sat July 20, 2:10pm
Marvel Stadium

Last time we met (if you care to remember)
at Metricon - Rd 4, April 14

Gold Coast – 8.11.59
G: Sexton, Holman 2, Wright, Bowes, Ainsworth, Witts
B: Miller, Swallow, Collins, Harbrow, Holman, Fiorini

Carlton - 8.8.57
G: McGovern 3, Cripps 2, Curnow, Fisher, Walsh
B: Walsh, Jones, Weitering, Cripps, Murphy, Fisher

Head to Head
Carlton 6
Gold Coast 5

I must say I am relieved to be playing the Suns this week…give our boys the chance at (hopefully) rolling a team and grabbing back to back wins, get that warm and fuzzy winning feeling for us all to savour in front of a home crowd. And we need it on this run home, for what has been another long year.
And to be playing them at Marvel…our beloved home ground, the hallowed turf…pfffftttt!!!! Honestly, if we held the keys to the joint, surely we could flick the switch that closes the bloody roof! Anyways…
33w388g.jpg

‘They’ are down on men in comparison to the last time we played them. We won’t have to face Collins or Holman who were in their best… or Bowes, Ainsworth (and possibly) Wright who kicked telling goals against us in that painfully close game.

The recent loss of Martin and Powell hurts their run a bit. The only player that I can see that strengthens them since that loss is Lachie Weller…meh.

The last time this mob had a win was against…US! Since then they have lost 11 in a row at an average of 42 points (not including the Adelaide game Rd 17). The two games they came close were against the Dee’s (1 point) and the Saints (4 points) with both of those teams being inconsistent at best – so no great form.

As for the baggers…I don’t need to add much here as you are all experts on them in my eyes. And so you know I’m as blind as a bat and wear glasses!
Fortunately, the only player missing from our goals or best list is Charlie (1 goal), otherwise Marchbank and Lobbe are the only missing pieces from that horrendous outing. We all know that Kreuzer makes a difference no matter who we play, Kennedy and Silvagni are certainly providing something.

I went to the game last year when we beat them in the Gold Coast, I can see this game playing out similar to that game…just the vibe I’m getting.
We will bully them from the inside, similar to the way we got on top of the Swans

So, in saying that, with all my analytical expertise and amazing foresight into this game… I’m going Carlton by 42

42 is the Suns average losing margin the last few months, plus I believe I’m being modest with that conclusion.
The roof will be closed, so there will be no Suns raining down on our parade!

op2yyw.jpg

In: Weitering, Cuningham
Out: Goddard (Inj.), Lang

B: Plowman----------------Jones---------------Simpson

H: Thomas---------------Weitering-------------Newman

C: Dow--------------------Cripps----------------O'Brien

H: Cunningham----------Casboult--------------Silvagni

F: Gibbons----------------McKay----------------Kennedy

Foll: Kreuzer, Setterfield, Walsh

Bench: E.Curnow, Murphy, SPS, Fisher

We clearly have another three wins to come - Gold Coast, West Coast & Adelaide.

Beating the interstate teams is a 'no problem' Beating local teams is the issue.

Against the Suns we should be able to bring home the 4 pts, but Eagles & Crows are different challenge, much more difficult obviously.
Would be great to end the season on 6 or 7 wins, let’s keep the fingers crossed.

Against the Suns we should be able to bring home the 4 pts, but Eagles & Crows are different challenge, much more difficult obviously.
Would be great to end the season on 6 or 7 wins, let’s keep the fingers crossed.
Start of the year I was expecting 5 wins with 7 wins a great result. Amazing we might get there after sacking the coach mid season

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No changes for me.
Happy to give Weitering another week off

Why? Because of a sore nose?
Weitering comes straight back in and maybe even should have played this game.
Cuningham is a must should he be ready, which make the ins and out somewhat straight-forward unless further training mishaps follow.

IN: Weitering & Cuningham
OUT: Goddard & Lang

Doubt it's been much easier this year to date.

Gold Coast are pathetic. We simply must win.

Getting smashed by Adelaide, after getting obliterated by Richmond the week before. And before that lost to Sydney by 40+.

And it's played in Melbourne...no excuses unless we cop 4 mid-game injuries or something crazy like that.

GC really are a rabble, don't know why Dew took the job. Career suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back