Preview Rd 2 v Carlton. Etihad Stadium - Sat 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be tough, Carlton were good Thursday, will be supporting both teams on the weekend sitting with my dad a Carlton supporter. On the outside i'll be a carlton fan but on the inside i want the suns to win.

Changes are very hard to make:
Personally I would go Rischitelli out for Hall. Can't see where Barlow comes in. Wright have a game in the 2s to prepare

Going to be tough, Carlton were good Thursday, will be supporting both teams on the weekend sitting with my dad a Carlton supporter. On the outside i'll be a carlton fan but on the inside i want the suns to win.

Changes are very hard to make:
Personally I would go Rischitelli out for Hall. Can't see where Barlow comes in. Wright have a game in the 2s to prepare
I would take out Rosa for Barlow , and free up Swallow to play more Forward. Today game will take some time for Swallow to recover.

I never drink after a loss. I’m serious. It’s straight to bed or straight onto drinking water if it’s too early.
I get very invested in how the Suns/Titans go because win/loss equals consequences for my day/night too.
Very off topic, but I'm a bit of a scotch ebthusiust myself. Do you have a favourite drop? How do you have it? Neat? mixed? On ice?

Very off topic, but I'm a bit of a scotch ebthusiust myself. Do you have a favourite drop? How do you have it? Neat? mixed? On ice?

Generally Ice if it’s a late night pre bed nightcap.
I like Teachers-it’s a bit rough but full of flavour.
Have a bottle of Ballantines sitting there too but something very special needs to happen for me to have some of that.

Good news is we've got troops ready and waiting to come straight in if any boys pull up lame in Hall, Brodie and Barlow. Hopefully Lemmens, AhChee, Hanley and 2MP aren't too far away either.

Will be a tough game. Hard to tell where we are really at with 2 wins in horrid conditions and a hitout against Geelong. Will be good conditions though at least to see what we've got.

Surely Barlow gets a game over Rosa

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rosa played well.. You can't buy experience. ..
Hall, if he tackles, has to come in... not sure who for but we will need some pace and line breaking ability under the roof... ok, fu'k it, For Rosa then... you can't buy experience but you can definitely drop it's ass!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hall, if he tackles, has to come in... not sure who for but we will need some pace and line breaking ability under the roof... ok, fu'k it, For Rosa then... you can't buy experience but you can definitely drop it's ass!

A lot of contests Rosa backed out of and waited for the easy.. would’ve loved to see Barlow out there tonight maybe I’m just being bias because he’s my second favourite player lol

I am not sure he can back it up vs Carlton after today game , he look afraid to go for the ball at time today .

Hard to drop anyone after a great win like that. No one really sticks out that I think should go.

But Hall, Brodie, Barlow, Wright, Ah Chee, Lemmens could all possibly be available for selection.

May be a few tired boys that might get a rest.

Rosa played very well, but maybe the conditions suited him. His lack of speed wasn't going to be exposed in the swamp. Dry deck next week could well be another story. If hall is ready you'd assume he takes Rosa's spot. Which brings the conundrum of who would you drop to fit in Barlow? Nobody deserves to be dropped on that performance.

Its a unique prospect as a suns fan. For the first time i think everyone played well enough to justify their spot. Im 100% confident we will have changes next week but only to rotate the sore bodies out. Dew is all about player management and welfare. So a rotating squad every week will be our strength during this heavy travel half of the year.

So impressed with our boys last night. Despite the 3rd qtr when we stopped trying to play wet weather footy and get too cute with disposal, we were great. While the weather didnt allow us to show alot of skill or structured press, it did show us what we as a club have lacked for 7 years. Grit, determination and putting our bodies on the line. This is the dew effect at the club and i love it.

Can't wait to see us on a dry track as mentioned above.

Imagine Witts down to Swallow who breaks a tackle and handballs off to Bowes flying of the side of the square runs 20m and weights pin point pass to space for Ainsworth who slides in and marks 30m out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back