List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Knight is stepping up to the mark as a tagger, and has value

I don't mean to sound harsh on knight he has more promise than D-Mac in a Pyke system

other than his ability the fact that he is home grown, loves the club and is a very level minded young kid holds bonus value for the club and wont fetch a huge price

In regards to lever, huge market value that could fetch a price tag that could possibly pay for contracts for Atkins, knight & 1/2 a greenwood

Its pretty common knowedge their offer is 850k.
No way I'm paying $850k out of a $12m salary cap to Lever.

I would begrudgingly part with $650k and I'm thinking about walking at $700k - and that's for a 5 year contract.

As others have said, $850k for a 3rd tall is crazy. Even if he develops into a second tall over the next few years, it's a big chunk of money tied up in a part of the ground where it's probably the easiest area to find passable AFL quality replacements. That kind of money is better deployed on a quality mid in my mind.

I actually think Knight is stepping up to the mark as a tagger, and has value
If keeping Lever on over $700k per annum is going to start to cost us players like Knight then I'd prefer to lose Lever. I'm just not prepared to pay A grade forward/mid salary to a 3rd tall defender.

I hope that if he does leave the club tells the public exactly why, ie he wanted more money than we could justify for a guy in his role.
Then look at Richmond and see how much better they could be if Rance was paid a but less and they could keep Dusty or bring in a key forward to help Jack Riewoldt out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Take this as you will; no way am I naming my source.
Both Lever and Gov, at this stage, are likely gone. Both have been offered 'miserly' contracts. Bulldogs have offered almost double what Adelaide have to JL. Don't know specifics of Gov's offer.
Perhaps these are just Adelaide's opening ambit offers?
Perhaps that's why the club thinks it will be a "long process"? (offers and counter requests back and forth)?
Perhaps we need the $ for a high price trade in?
Makes you wonder why Chappy said what he did last night...
Tbh this sounds like both are negotiating with us and would like to stay, no? Good signs I would have thought. The process will work itself out 99 times out of 100.

I love Jakey and really hope he stays, but if he can get $850k per annum elsewhere then he should go.

He's demonstrated he is a great floating third tall - he'll end up a better version of Harry Taylor in that role.

But we also got a glimpse of what he is like when forced to mark an opponent a fed weeks ago, and Charlie curnow towled him up.

The fact Ned Guy is good at getting crows to Victoria makes this a simple process to read

enough said

Ned Guy manages Rory Sloane.

Managers don't have a conspiracy to screw over the AFC, their professional services are used by players to maximise deals, and to facilitate their client objectives.

He is very good at his role.

Does his role demand the money he wants and/or another club may pay?

Would you prefer Richmond's list profile (who has such a player as one of their highest paid) or ours?

Which player makes us a better team. Lever, Gov or Greenwood.

My vote is Greenwood.
"Lever isn't that good"

Yeah he is.

Ned Guy manages Rory Sloane.

Managers don't have a conspiracy to screw over the AFC, their professional services are used by players to maximise deals, and to facilitate their client objectives.
Their objective is to make the most money in commissions they earn off player salaries.

As our best mid Sloane is paid well.

Ned Guy makes more money with Lever earning $850k than he does with us at $600k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

650 is right, so if he goes for 850 then so be it. Would be a loss for sure, particularly if we go limp wristed into trade discussions.

"Lever isn't that good"

Yeah he is.
No, you're not getting the point. This is about how many eggs you put in one basket. The crows are performing this year because the load is getting spread across the 22 guys we're putting on the park.

Lever is benefiting from having Talia/Harto/Otten doing the lock down jobs and allowing Lever to float free as the third tall. If you start paying Lever $850k per annum, other players start to get forced out and we may well end up having to play Lever as a second lock down tall. The problem with this is:
1. Charlie Curnow (the same draft class as Lever) showed us what to expect from Lever in this role, and it's not an $850k pa player
2. You can buy a decent second lock down defender off the shelf for half the price

I'd prefer to lose Lever than throw out team balance by overpaying him.

He is very good at his role.

Does his role demand the money he wants and/or another club may pay?

Would you prefer Richmond's list profile (who has such a player as one of their highest paid) or ours?

Which player makes us a better team. Lever, Gov or Greenwood.

My vote is Greenwood.

My vote is Gov.

He is a fairly unique beast. 6'3" with a big leap and a fierce attack on the ball. We can't underestimate the importance he in bringing the ball to ground and then working with our small forwards to provide pressure.

I think people have already forgotten what the lack of forward pressure was like when it was only Tex, JJ and Lynch as our talls.

By the way, I'm not paying him $850k either.

If he's got multiple offers over $800k and $700k would keep him here and the club believes he sincerely wants to be a one club player then I'd be ok with that. The flip side is how it affects keeping other key players, the club knows that, I don't.

You guys have short memories. Lever is a gun. Born leader, courageous. Will dominate the comp. Will be a mistake to not pay him. Just get rid of some deadwood depth that is costing us. You don't underpay your guns. He isn't asking for a million a year. Pay the man.
So Charlie curnow carving him up didn't bother you? Pay Lever top dollar and others get forced out, leaving us to play Lever as a lock down defender where we won't be able to utilise his skill set.

You guys have short memories. Lever is a gun. Born leader, courageous. Will dominate the comp. Will be a mistake to not pay him. Just get rid of some deadwood depth that is costing us. You don't underpay your guns. He isn't asking for a million a year. Pay the man.
He would become our highest paid player. He's not worth that title.

What you say is quite true, hence why it's a balancing act.

So Charlie curnow carving him up didn't bother you? Pay Lever top dollar and others get forced out, leaving us to play Lever as a lock down defender where we won't be able to utilise his skill set.
Would like to see Lever in our strip having ten battles with Curnow than getting itchy feet and letting him go after one.

Yes Boyd played well in gf and the dogs had the best 4 week run of their lives. Weren't the best team last year but were the best team when it mattered. I'm sure the crows have a limit for Lever that they are willing to go to based on what they can afford and I hope they stick to it. If he wants to stay for success he will understand he can get more elsewhere. Depends what is important to him I guess.
Rekon the umpires had a big say in them winning the GF (and a few games during the year )

I bet we end up extending Douglas and Mackay's contracts. Get them to take less in 2018 (and maybe 2017) to free up some dollars for us but then extend them through to 2020 or even 2021. Like Tex and supposedly Sloane did. Might do this with other players too - Lynch, Jacobs, Smith, Laird.

Well, this thread has gone to hell. All those who believe we are the worst draft traders in the known universe have taken it over to talk about anything but lever. I guess I'll be putting this thread on ignore until I read something in the media.

Well, this thread has gone to hell. All those who believe we are the worst draft traders in the known universe have taken it over to talk about anything but lever. I guess I'll be putting this thread on ignore until I read something in the media.
It's all about Lever at the moment? Including how to fit his salary in, and whether to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back