AFL Club
Adelaide
Reputation increased:

-Sloane
-M Crouch
-Jacobs
-Hartigan

Reputation blown:

-Jenkins - Horrible footballer. The only person left in football who rates Josh Jenkins is Josh Jenkins.
-Tex - Whether through injury or not his reputation in this finals series has gone backwards. Back in the early mullett days it looked like he could be anything now he's looking more and more like, well, Josh Jenkins.
-Atkins
-Douglas
-McKay

Add the connector Lynch to the list.
Sorry to say Eddie didn’t do much to say he’s the man for the finals either. Had to take ownership of the situation and kick the goals instead of giving them off.
What club would take JJ off our hands? Soft as diarrhea.

Douglas not enough grunt
Jenkins soundly beaten never even presented
Tex as Captain wasn't to flash didn't play his best
Unfortunately saved our worst game for last. It's easier to get by when 1-2 players having an off day but to have so many kills

dammit i thought atkins was okay. It wasnt the players fault that every kick there were 3 richmond players on 1 crows player.
Agree far from our worst, I'd have him in front of at least 8, maybe 10 others.

Edit : Don't agree with the last bit that's purely down to effort and work rate by a lot of our boys today.

'Saved our worst game til last' whilst today was pretty bloody bad it's no different from being run over by Hawthorn and Melbourne at home as well as giving up a 10 goal to nothing quarter against the 15th best side (albeit with favourable weather conditions). Not to mention being put to the sword by a very average Collingwood for a half on the very ground that was played on today.

'Saved our worst game til last' whilst today was pretty bloody bad it's no different from being run over by Hawthorn and Melbourne at home as well as giving up a 10 goal to nothing quarter against the 15th best side (albeit with favourable weather conditions). Not to mention being put to the sword by a very average Collingwood for a half on the very ground that was played on today.
Yet no one saw this as potentially happening today. Everyone was so confident

I don't think you can accurately and collectively say September? Maybe change name to the Big Stage?? A few performed very well in a few finals over last few years that ****ed us over today.. Seeya Charlie! Not worth your inconsistent s**t, take 5 of your mates with you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of emotions in this game, the pressure to get the job done, all overwhelmed in the end. There's also a slight chance the players were in the same mind set as many in here. "Foregone conclusion, just hand us the cup now." Bloody hard lessen to learn on the final game and biggest stage of the year. There's always two teams vying for this one coveted prize and we pretty much all underestimated Richmond.

We played two exceptional final games. Ruthless, uncompromising. Professional. Yesterday though, saw us flinch. We started well, but then something happened to change our demeanour from one of confidence to one of panic and disconnect. That something was a very hungry tiger who hadn't tasted success for even longer than us!

We blew a great opportunity, no doubt about it. It will be interesting to see how we react and move forward from here.

Still love my boys and proud as hell they made it to a grand final. Bitterly disappointed at the result but I am sure no more than they are.

Last thing I want to do today is wander around like a tourist. Think I'll just go slink to the airport and wait seven hours! :(

Interesting that up until the GF Richmond played 13 games at the MCG to our 3. Yep, this truly is a national competition.
It's a disgrace.

If they finished top then they deserved the home ground advantage but in what world of fair play does the top team have to play a one-off premiership decider at the 3rd teams home ground?

In the real world there's only one compromise that can salvage a semblance of fairness while upholding the VFL/MCC contract and that is to play a GF Series rather than a solitary GF.

It would be bigger, better, fairer.

Way more accessible to more true fans and most importantly the winner of the much fairer 'best of 3' series will truly be the best team of the year (and it's quite possible Richmond could've beaten us at AO to claim that title this year).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back