Richmond and Holland

Remove this Banner Ad

I laughed my head off today when I read that the Tigers had been seeking first or second round draft picks for Ben Holland. Laughed even harder when I saw that they no clubs had shown interest in a deal like that.

What in the world are they smoking? They won't even get close to that!

They shouldn't have announced to the world that Holland was going to be traded. How stupid and incompetent is that? Keep it a secret until trade week and then offer him around.
Did they think that by announcing it early that clubs were going to mass delist players to accomodate him?
His destination should be Melbourne for their second pick (about 20) and thats all.

Originally posted by SCRAY72
They shouldn't have announced to the world that Holland was going to be traded. How stupid and incompetent is that? Keep it a secret until trade week and then offer him around.
Did they think that by announcing it early that clubs were going to mass delist players to accomodate him?
His destination should be Melbourne for their second pick (about 20) and thats all.

pick 20?

no way

a 4th rounder maybe

Holland is overpaid, slow, injury prone, inconsistent and plays ror richmond.

That does not match the criteria of a fist or second round draft pick

Originally posted by anth
Holland is overpaid, slow, injury prone, inconsistent and plays ror richmond.

That does not match the criteria of a fist or second round draft pick

We we don't have a "fist" pick anyway, so we are in the clear!

;)

Originally posted by anth
i know you dont have a "fist" pick but you do have a first round pick

I think so. We might even have two of them if memory serves me correctly. :cool:

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell
I laughed my head off today when I read that the Tigers had been seeking first or second round draft picks for Ben Holland. Laughed even harder when I saw that they no clubs had shown interest in a deal like that.

Dude its not 1st or 2nd round pick its 1st and 2nd round picks. That really is a joke.

Quote directly from The Age:
Finding a new home for Ben Holland, for instance, is proving difficult. The Tigers have been seeking first- and second-round draft picks for him but received scant interest on those terms.

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell

But wait there's more...

They also want the club to take care of his entire salary for the remaining year of his contract. That's half a million dollars!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Richmond and Holland

Originally posted by DaveW
But wait there's more...

They also want the club to take care of his entire salary for the remaining year of his contract. That's half a million dollars!

500k? Correct me if i am wrong but didn't Adelaide offer him about 400k and he re signed with Richmond for a fair bit less? He is getting overpaid but not as much as some people make out i think.

As for the subject of this thread i doubt they really expected a first and second round pick for him , its better to start of high and work your way to something reasonable than start of asking too low.

As has been said we will probably get a pick in the second round or thereabouts and i am sure Miller and co kow that...

Well his base salary is reputedly 250k. Once you add match payments on top of that it would be around 400k anyway. He's not cheap, and not worth that.

If I remember correctly he didn't sign with Richmond until the Adelaide offer was matched by Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back