Traded Robbie Tarrant [traded to Richmond for CCJ + other stuff]

Remove this Banner Ad

NORTH Melbourne veteran Robbie Tarrant has told the Roos he wants to leave and chase a premiership at Richmond.

As revealed by AFL.com.au on Friday, the Tigers have offered the 32-year-old a two-year deal to join from next season.

Tarrant will be free to walk to the Tigers from October 1 given he qualifies as an unrestricted free agent.

The Roos initially tabled their former vice-captain a one-year deal before upping the offer to two years in recent days.

However, that delay allowed Tarrant to consider a move to another club for the first time in his career which he settled on Saturday morning.

But CCJ can go across without a trade. North don't need any help there at all.

Richmond needs help from North to get Tarrant across as getting him today as free agent will dilute Chol compo. I don't understand your argument the other way.
Yeah, but no.

Eh? We are just poaching a fringe player. Happens all the time.

Similarly we are losing Taz and Xerri. I don't see North sooking over either. We are happy for Taz go as a FA and Xerri for a future pick. It is the Richmond carry on over CCJ and wanting favours over Taz that is causing all the angst and delays.

How do you know any of that?

You assume that its the Tigers that are dragging this out. No doubt its a bit of both rather than purely 1 side.

Ultimately you have offered a big contract and initial discussions were for a pick upgrade between the 3rd and 4th rounds. Hardly a great starting point if that was true.

How do you know any of that?

You assume that its the Tigers that are dragging this out. No doubt its a bit of both rather than purely 1 side.

Ultimately you have offered a big contract and initial discussions were for a pick upgrade between the 3rd and 4th rounds. Hardly a great starting point if that was true.
Yeah, it could be us dragging it out if we think Dumont is a chance to move as a FA. As this would take Taz out of the deal. I just prefer blaming you guys.

That starting point is likely to be the finishing point except with Taz thrown in as a compromise.

I wouldn't worry about the contract we have offered him as it obviously has no bearing on the trade. We could just as easily reference the contract you offered him and he'd come for free.

Incorrect. By not signing Tarrant today we guarantee the compo. Speed the clock up!!!
You are right. But it is a pretty crappy way to treat him. Either North do a trade or he has to wait another month and hope that you will still want to pick him up.

You are right. But it is a pretty crappy way to treat him. Either North do a trade or he has to wait another month and hope that you will still want to pick him up.
Not really, who cares when or how he signs? You were gloating about walking CCJ to the pre-season draft.

Ball is in your court now. Make the trade we want or we take him for nothing.

Not really, who cares when or how he signs? You were gloating about walking CCJ to the pre-season draft.

Ball is in your court now. Make the trade we want or we take him for nothing.
It is not exactly much leverage. If that happens CCJ would go to the PSD. You'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

That Chol compo is slipping... Tick Tock Tick Tock.

Man, just imagine coming into this thread and posting this trying to get a reaction. But not realising which part of the trade period ends when. Damn.

Even the other North guy has to admit you are wrong. Damn.

I'd stay off the forum for a couple days if I ever did something like that where I was so wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, just imagine coming into this thread and posting this trying to get a reaction. But not realising which part of the trade period ends when. Damn.

Even the other North guy has to admit you are wrong. Damn.

I'd stay off the forum for a couple days if I ever did something like that where I was so wrong.
Sounds like you take this forum a bit too seriously then.

The funniest part of this whole deal is that CCJ is likely to be delisted before Tarrant retires. Flat out can't ruck. Has no athleticism and can't jump. 195cm VFL rucks would give him a hiding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back