Preview Round 1, 2019: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 24th March, 1:10PM AEDT *Parker, Wilkie & Kent Debut*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 83.1%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he does, he's only been uninjured for one season since he arrived.

Thats the trouble , he's a big marshmallow. "ooowwww coach i have a boo boo. Now i can only get one disposal and 3 hitouts".

In 2015 he had the 7th most hitouts in the AFL.
In 2016 none.
In 2017 he had the 10th most hitouts in the AFL. ( 3rd highest average per game ).

But yeah, he's not resilient.

Coff's not the say height as Robbo were as Marsh is a similar size.
I don't think the 1cm height difference between Coffield and Marsh will make a lot of difference.

I just can't see how we pick a bloke for round one that has been training with the club for one week.

I don't think the 1cm height difference between Coffield and Marsh will make a lot of difference.

I just can't see how we pick a bloke for round one that has been training with the club for one week.

I tend to agree with your thoughts on selection however there’s 3cms difference between the two. In addition Marsh plays taller whereas Coffield plays a little shorter.

I tend to agree with your thoughts on selection however there’s 3cms difference between the two. In addition Marsh plays taller whereas Coffield plays a little shorter.

I would agree with that, Coffield doesn't look like an aerial player, he's more a skilled ground ball type. Roberton was a hard one to replace because he could do both. Footage of Marsh doing those intercept spoils at the Pies looked good and his ground ball skills look good in the rest of the footage.

Fair enough, the site I looked at had Marsh listed as 192cm.

I think Coff plays a fairly solar role to Robbo anyway.

I found him on 4 sites the other day, ( one of them wikipedia ) listed at 190, 191, 192 and 194.
How tall is he? IDFK.

I would bring in Austin. Marsh needs a couple of weeks to get the fitness levels up to withstand AFL level. As much as he has been training, it would be nowhere near the required levels unless he is a supreme athlete.

Austin then Coff depending on injury/fitness. The wildcard could be Wilkie to come in and play that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would be my take on it all:
(( from tallest to shortest )).

Marshall 201cm. Has played back at VFL level, but i think is more valuable elsewhere.
Carlisle 200cm. Key defender , good intercept marking and rebound.
Rowe 198cm. Originally recruited as a Ruck forward, found success as a dour key defender. Can probably pinch hit ruck if needed.
Clavarino 197. Rated as the best key defender in his draft. Intercepts a strong point. We'll find out at some point.
Brown 196cm. A good stopper , don't expect him to get the ball, or do much with it if he does.
Austin 196cm. As a man on man defender, my opinion is he'd bleed goals. More a re bounder i think. I don't mind him as a Roberton replacement.
Joyce 195cm. Until i saw the intra-club i thought he was destined to be a dour stopper if anything. Surprised at his marking and kicking.
Roberton 194. Like Gilbert before him, didn't play so tall, but has improved his one on one over the years. Strength is a rebounding back winger /outside mid.
Battle 193cm. As we know, a young forward who trained in the back. Not sure he'd be fast or agile enough in Roberton's rebounding role, but who knows.
Marsh 191-194cm Very fast. Known to mis-kick when running full pace. Comment below from the Collingwood board as he was leaving. *
Wilkie 191cm A good intercept defender and user of the ball.
Coffield 191cm A big midfielder more than a key defender.
White 189 cm Not sure that he's going to make it in any role. We'll see how he goes in the VFL.

----------
* Great intercept mark who I reckon is more suited to a third tall role, but the club seemed intent to play him on bigger opponents. Has pace however his run and carry is still a work in progress, but improving. Most would describe his kicking as poor, but to me it seems to be more a decision making issue with Marsh often just banging it on the boot to clear the area. Regularly dominates VFL level and leadership seems very strong with Marsh often shouting instructions from the boundary/bench. Has the talent to be a good to great player with time.
---------

As like for like replacements i'd prefer. ( not necessarily in order).
Brown: Joyce, Rowe, or Clavarino.
Carlisle : Joyce, Battle, maybe Austin.
Roberton: Austin, Marsh, Wilkie, or Coffield ( but loses the 3rd tall aspect) maybe White.

The crowd size will be interesting here.. traditionally low between the two teams.

Injuries plentiful.

I'm definitely going with my son. Hopefully get some joy like last year.
Get him pissed he'll enjoy it so much more.

Get him pissed he'll enjoy it so much more.

He is only 3 years old but you could be right. I will certainly be drinking even if I don't want to as the standard of this game is likely to turn me to drink. On the selection I would be very disappointed if we had to pick either one of the new guys after no games and a weeks training. I don't think its necessary. Also I would doubt anyone who couldn't get a game because of form in the JLT games is any hope of playing round one. Out of the those sides is Robbo and Paddy and both can be covered by the 30 who got a game. If you were injured that's a slightly different story but even anyone of them may struggle.

Hahaha.

He can drive me home as well. I need my licence. He can afford to lose his for while.

( Disclaimer: I do not condone drink driving or selling alcohol to minors. Especially 6yo's.)
He is only 3 years old but you could be right. I will certainly be drinking even if I don't want to as the standard of this game is likely to turn me to drink. On the selection I would be very disappointed if we had to pick either one of the new guys after no games and a weeks training. I don't think its necessary. Also I would doubt anyone who couldn't get a game because of form in the JLT games is any hope of playing round one. Out of the those sides is Robbo and Paddy and both can be covered by the 30 who got a game. If you were injured that's a slightly different story but even anyone of them may struggle.
Better to start them at a young age I reckon.

What’s your 22 p66?

I mean, I started as a 5yo and I ended up fine.

I'm only allowed one phone call a week and cigarettes are my currency, but who's judging..

*No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

Its best before you get weaned that your mum hits the Chardonnay Heavily.

What’s your 22 p66?

Take me forever to type the 22 but my key backs are battle and Joyce and my key forwards are Membery and Bruce with Marshall rucking. No controversial additions. From the 30 who played. Rico seems to like 3 marking forwards so will most likely be wrong. Steven is miss out. No knowledge of that though. Not quite in the best 22 yet.

I need a Saint's defender for Supercoach fellas, Wilkie or Joyce? Is Wilkie an intercept marking +1 type player where as Joyce would be a one on one key defender? With the terrible news about Robbo are they both likely to play, ta & all the best for 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back