Preview Round 1, 2019: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 24th March, 1:10PM AEDT *Parker, Wilkie & Kent Debut*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 74 83.1%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the prospects advocate i feel the need to have in my SC team, but am so uncertain about his role and job security I can’t. Someone please track Richo down and ask him for me.

Edit. Price is nasty too at 331k :(

Speed yo!

Last year the Gold Coast should have won against us but for a bit of a Gresham show, they killed us with the pace and spread. Hopefully we have brought in players to remedy that. They have apparently set them selves to beat a wounded Saints side and the sides aren't that different on paper. We had better be on for this one, Richo is a bit of a one trick pony, you get the feeling Dew has some idea what he's doing.

Last year the Gold Coast should have won against us but for a bit of a Gresham show, they killed us with the pace and spread. Hopefully we have brought in players to remedy that. They have apparently set them selves to beat a wounded Saints side and the sides aren't that different on paper. We had better be on for this one, Richo is a bit of a one trick pony, you get the feeling Dew has some idea what he's doing.

Speed and the ability to run out games are two of the key improvements I'm hoping to see this season.

I'm pretty confident that the battering our guys have copped over the preseason will mean they will come out breathing fire.

Selection wise, I'm going with the 4 reported debutantes and Marshall as the sole ruckman. Hopefully Acres plays but it sounds like he's underdone and a week or so away.

Geary Joyce Webster
Savage Battle Hind
Billings Steele Newnes
Gresham - Bruce - Kent
Long - Membrey - Parker

Marshall - Ross - Steven

Parker, Sinclair, Clark, Dunstan (would prefer Acres over Dunstan)

We're undersized defensively so hopefully no one else goes down!

Yeah I'm quietly happy that Rankine isn't playing to remind us of how that scrappy win last year set us back 2 draft spots. Maybe Lukosius will do that anyway?

Games wise suns might edge us on Sunday which is super surprising and shows what we are missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speed and the ability to run out games are two of the key improvements I'm hoping to see this season.

I'm pretty confident that the battering our guys have copped over the preseason will mean they will come out breathing fire.

Selection wise, I'm going with the 4 reported debutantes and Marshall as the sole ruckman. Hopefully Acres plays but it sounds like he's underdone and a week or so away.

Geary Joyce Webster
Savage Battle Hind
Billings Steele Newnes
Gresham - Bruce - Kent
Long - Membrey - Parker

Marshall - Ross - Steven

Parker, Sinclair, Clark, Dunstan (would prefer Acres over Dunstan)

We're undersized defensively so hopefully no one else goes down!

Surely we will be fine on Lukoscious , its Peter Wright makes us look short. If Sam Rowe was fit , i'd rather he play on him,

Just been reading through the ‘experts’ comments in the media for this season ahead & was wondering if we’ve lost this game yet?

A ball hasn’t even been kicked for any team yet, yet we a ****** this season apparently :rolleyes::drunk:

Also with that we've had a very good preseason our last 2 weeks haven't been good Cralisle, Robo, McCartin & Steven but the media keep rolling out we've had a bad preseason 2 weeks out of 12 weeks isn't bad that.

Just been reading through the ‘experts’ comments in the media for this season ahead & was wondering if we’ve lost this game yet?

A ball hasn’t even been kicked for any team yet, yet we a ****** this season apparently :rolleyes::drunk:

If we lose to the suns would you not agree the season goes to poo? the media will turn on st Kilda that fast ... channel 7 will be camped out on Lincoln street.

Also with that we've had a very good preseason our last 2 weeks haven't been good Cralisle, Robo, McCartin & Steven but the media keep rolling out we've had a bad preseason 2 weeks out of 12 weeks isn't bad that.
Don't know if I'd call it a very good pre-season… we scraped past two ordinary sides.

Roberton & McCartin all but retired, our two early picks out long term.

Interrupted pre-seasons or injuries to Longer, Carlisle, Hannebery, Steven, Pierce, Acres, Austin, McKenzie, Clavarino, Langlands

Don't know if I'd call it a very good pre-season… we scraped past two ordinary sides.

Roberton & McCartin all but retired, our two early picks out long term.

Interrupted pre-seasons or injuries to Longer, Carlisle, Hannebery, Steven, Pierce, Acres, Austin, McKenzie, Clavarino, Langlands
Maybe we should of lost both games seems to be the general consensus amongst the BF faithful wins are wins builds momentum,Saints will win by over 40 points game over by 10min 3rd Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back