Preview Round 10, 2019: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 26th May, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 75 91.5%
  • Blues

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In: Clark
Out: Newnes

Newnes needs a rocket, showed poor leadership last game.

Carlton were pathetic against Giants. They'll want to respond but we should get the job done here if we play our best footy.

This is going to be an extremely tough one.
With them coming off a massive loss they will now come out firing. We need to be extremely careful and not get ahead of ourselves.
It’s not just getting ahead of ourselves I’m worried about. It’s not being able to kick straight. If we kick straight we should win this. Missing these shots plays on our confidence. In fact, it’s scoring in general. More than ten goals are required. It’s been about eighteen rounds since we scored a hundred points so let’s aim for that.

This is going to be an extremely tough one.
With them coming off a massive loss they will now come out firing. We need to be extremely careful and not get ahead of ourselves.

Yep, they will want to respond and they played a better Pies outfit last week and nearly won. They slaughtered the Dogs kicking 15.11 a few weeks ago too. This has a bit of North Melbourne last year about it. If we come in half cocked we will get done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What annoys me is week after week we keep the basic same forward line that can only kick 10 goals. Why don’t we make a change, do something different. Sign of madness (or poor management) doing the same thing and expect a different result.

Difficult to know what to do but surely we must overhaul the forward line.
I like that they brought Marsh in. Thought he was pretty good too. Will get better as he finds his feet again.
Other benefit I think is, Battle to full forward, Broocey to CHF, Membrey a flank, then your choice of smalls in Young, Parker, Gresh etc. Still really mobile, another tall target, Membrey goes back to being that medium forward.
I personally think it looks more dangerous and exciting.

For mine

B: Paton Brown White/Webster
HB:Savage Marsh Wilkie
C: Billings Ross Phillips
HF Parker Battle Kent
F: Young Bruce Membrey
Fol: Marshall Steele Dunstan
Int: Sinclair, Gresham, Acres, Newnes

One change
Out: DMac
In: White/Webster

Acres has been ordinary but so has Clark when he comes in to the team so I'd leave Hunter at Sandy for a few more weeks.

I like this side and think this is how it will look against Carlskum.
Backline still stable and forward line looks more potent with Battle there. Maybe swap Bruce and Battle around for me but, hey.

In: Clark
Out: Newnes

Newnes needs a rocket, showed poor leadership last game.

Carlton were pathetic against Giants. They'll want to respond but we should get the job done here if we play our best footy.
I know Newness was poor but, Jesus so was Ross and he was captain. He was bloody disgraceful. No effort, bugger all disposals, no impact and looked disinterested.

After calming down from yesterday’s 4th quarter vomit I’d like to see these changes made:

Out: Dmac, phillips.
In: Webster, Hind

Newnes back on the wing, hind to play newnes utility roles playing in all 3 lines thoughout the game.

I wish we had an option to send Ross back to Sandy but Hunter the only mid performing and he needs a block of games at sandy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back