Preview Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda, Sunday 26 May 2019, 3.20pm @ Marvel Stadium - Final Team - Post #828

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennedy and Stocker in the middle with Cripps. We shall call them the Bash Brothers.

I won't even be that upset if we lose to the Saints, as long as our midfield bullies theirs. I reckon we need to make a statement and show that tagging Cripps won't be tolerated.

Granted, I'm a compete moron and I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

G K H D M GL T G K H D M GL T
Paddy Dow 2019 CA 9 9.0 8.4 17.4 2.1 0.3 2.6 Career 29 7.5 7.7 15.2 2.0 0.3 3.
Adam Cerra 2019 FR 9 9.6 6.9 16.4 3.1 0.0 2.6 Career 30 8.3 6.2 14.5 3.3 0.2 3.1

Why is everyone so keen to drop Paddy Dow. He needs to work on his disposal, we all agree on that, but the kid is elite. At some point in the next few years we have a kid who can break out into a Dangerfield type player. I'm sure the same people who are calling for Paddy's axing are also wishing we drafted a more developed Adam Cerra in the same draft. The stats are not far off at all. As a matter of fact all our youngsters are tracking well if not favourably compared to most of their draft classes. The wheel will turn let's stay the course. Back the kids in!!!!

I think most of us love paddy BUT most of us think he just needs to be rotated through the seconds for a block after some rest. He looks exhausted. A fortnight off around the bye then a week or two in the magoos to get leather poisoning will do MUCH more for him that Sunday vs GWS did. I called for him to be rested last week.

I think he can be a dangerfield like player. A week in the magoos doesnt mean he is a failure. Its all about physical and psychological management.

How I wish this was not at Docklands.
Even so I suspect we may get over the line.
I fully expect a committed response. Anything else will be a disaster. Cmon you boys in blue!

Kennedy and Stocker in the middle with Cripps. We shall call them the Bash Brothers.

I won't even be that upset if we lose to the Saints, as long as our midfield bullies theirs. I reckon we need to make a statement and show that tagging Cripps won't be tolerated.

Granted, I'm a compete moron and I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

Don't under sell yourself!

You would be in a world of pain if you fumbled with those lads around...

I think most of us love paddy BUT most of us think he just needs to be rotated through the seconds for a block after some rest. He looks exhausted. A fortnight off around the bye then a week or two in the magoos to get leather poisoning will do MUCH more for him that Sunday vs GWS did. I called for him to be rested last week.

I think he can be a dangerfield like player. A week in the magoos doesnt mean he is a failure. Its all about physical and psychological management.

He is too good to be playing vfl. The more exposure he gets to the fast pace of afl, the quicker he will mature.

He is too good to be playing vfl. The more exposure he gets to the fast pace of afl, the quicker he will mature.

Not sure thats entirely true. Too much too early has already been seen to be detrimental, particularly in a bad side (a la Melbourne). Two weeks in the reserves wont kill him. 70 touches in two games with a few goals will remind himself why he's going to be a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are already 4 automatic inclusions who shouldn't be playing reserves.

Jones, Simpson, Plowman and Cuningham.

Scope for Kennedy, Lang, Fasolo and Kerr to be considered.

hmmm.. so that would mean

out: Macreadie in: Jones

out: Murphy in: Simpson

out: Casboult in: Plowman

out: LOB in: Cuningham

then I would have

out: Gibbons/Thomas (if suspended) in: Kennedy

Do we know what happened to Cuningham?

hmmm.. so that would mean

out: Macreadie in: Jones

out: Murphy in: Simpson

out: Casboult in: Plowman

out: LOB in: Cuningham

then I would have

out: Gibbons/Thomas (if suspended) in: Kennedy

Do we know what happened to Cuningham?

Sore, nothing really beyond that. Should get the injury review tonight.

It's taken me a couple of days to get over this loss. Ten minutes in to the first quarter; after watching the ease in which GWS were moving the ball and scoring goals I looked at my daughter and yelled "I'm losing it!".

I then did as I have done so many times over the last twenty years - I made myself sit through that insipid rubbish we dished up.

Same old same old - boys playing men. C graders playing A graders.

This isn't an attack on individuals; it's one on the collective. The coaches, the senior players, the entire football club. If the young fellas are struggling in the guts - put some senior bodies in there. If Mumford commits a cowardly cheap act and injures one of our players; stand up to him. Not Walsh or Dow or O'Brien or Stocker. Kruez, Daisy, Ed, Cripps, McGovern - fly the f&*cking flag! We let them walk all over us in the football, physical and mental aspect of the game.

Not sure how supporters can bag the likes of Stocker, Dow and O'Brien; they are 18/19 year olds thrown in to the deep end. Yes they haven't been great, but they haven't had the support. In an ideal world, Stocker and O'Brien would be developing nicely in the magoos and Dow playing on a wing or hbf of the seniors. If we have the senior players to come in, no issues with giving them a rest, but I don't think we have. O'Brien definitely needs time in the 2's to find the ball, find form and confidence. We need someone of his running ability and skills - but he is jumping at shadows and down on form, so go back down and enjoy your footy. Come back bigger and stronger.

Charlie, Harry, Cuni, JSOS and Weiters have to do more; they are now in their fourth year and should be 'owning' games.

SPS and Fish are still only 20/21 y.o and in their third year; they need time. They are small of stature and get pushed aside far too easily, so need bigger bodies around them to block/help.

Make no mistake; the Saints will come out very physical against us. We need senior bodies doing the heavy lifting.

INS - Simmo, Plow, Jones, Cuningham and possibly Kennedy/Lang
OUTS - Murph (inj), O'Brien, MacReadie, Setters (looks out of sorts), Casboult and possibly Daisy (cusp) or Stocker/Walsh/Dow if they need a rest

Rotate Ed, Gibbo and Kennedy through the middle to help the smaller bodies of Fish, SPS and Dow. Lang plays forward/wing.

This train wreck cannot continue....my wife barracks for the Saints and is merciless!!

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here yet but is it time to give Charlie a spell in the vfl to start dominating games there for a fortnight and to be replaced by Kerr to see how he can handle the seniors.

Don't know if it's been mentioned on here yet but is it time to give Charlie a spell in the vfl to start dominating games there for a fortnight and to be replaced by Kerr to see how he can handle the seniors.
Can't say no loud enough to that idea.

Before we get in to the impct of Charlie playing and taking the best defender has on McKay and McGovern why when we were absolutely smashed in the middle and were close to doubled in inside 50's would we be the slightest bit worried that Charlie didn't have a great day?

Can't say no loud enough to that idea.

Before we get in to the impct of Charlie playing and taking the best defender has on McKay and McGovern why when we were absolutely smashed in the middle and were close to doubled in inside 50's would we be the slightest bit worried that Charlie didn't have a great day?
Davis is the Giants best defender yes? He played on Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back