Preview Round 10 - Carlton v St Kilda, Sunday 26 May 2019, 3.20pm @ Marvel Stadium - Final Team - Post #828

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're due for a response, I reckon.

In: Jones, Cuningham, Plowman, Simpson, Lang, Kennedy
Out: Casboult, Gibbons, Macreadie, O'Brien, Murphy, Setterfield

Jones for Casboult is obvious.
Cuningham for Gibbons is obvious.
Plowman for Macreadie is obvious.
Simpson for O'Brien is obvious.
Lang for Murphy if unable to get up.

Kennedy for Setterfield is the difficult one. Someone has to go out for a bigger body through the midfield. Setterfield is a player for the future but he is extremely ineffective as a midfielder right now. If Kennedy doesn't throw the body in, he is straight out of the team.
Yes definitely Kennedy for Setters, but has Kennedy had enough footy lately?

Given nobody tried too hard today they should be cherry ripe to front up next week in not only a winnable but must win game.

I wouldn’t change too much other than to look at O’Brien and Macreadie. Murphy a potential forced change. The rest should be prepared to suck up today’s result and unleash next week. They’re better than today and can demonstrate that next week.

If Murphy is out then finally Kennedy may get a crack. Hopefully Jones can take Macreadie’s spot. Then what to do with O’Brien?

Can win. Must win. Get it done.
As we have noticed in the past few years these so called “winnable games” has seen our worst performances, can only hope we break the trend as the potential ins look really good this week

B: Plowman-------------Jones--------------Simpson

H: Marchbank-----------Weitering------------Newman

C: C.Curnow-------------Cripps---------------O'Brien

H: Cuningham---------McGovern------------SPS

F: Garlett----------------McKay--------------Fasolo

Foll: Kreuzer, Setterfield, Kennedy

Bench: Stocker, Walsh, Dow, Thomas
Yeah, Fisher and Silvagni are definitely the first dropped...

If your rewarding VFL stats then Lang, Fasolo and Kerr would be in.

Lang didn’t seem to do much but had it 28 times

Big enough body to play middle and Half forward and let’s face it....would take some pressure off Cripps, Dow, SPS etc

Why don’t they play the guy that they gave up
Pick 16 for 2 off seasons ago? 190cm 88 kg FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy to concede the point here. I have a crap internet connection and missed chunks of the game against Frankston. The parts I saw, Fasolo didn't impress at all. The match report told a different story so I'll give way to greater knowledge. In fact, that was awesome to read. I've been waiting for him to really earn a spot.

Well its definitely a positive! Looked like he was missing his legs earlier in the year and very underdone. Hopefully his conditioning is okay now for AFL level or another VFL game

They are bigger,stronger and can run all day .most of our blokes haven't got the tank or size yet .after that 1st 1/4 would of drained amy hope most of our players might of had and put the flag up imo..

Didn't stop the swans babies winning on the weekend...we really have to stop hanging our hats on the kids excuse....effort has nothing to do with age....the more we continue to buy into the excuse bucket of "we're young, didn't have a pre-season, hasn't played for a year, injuries etc etc" the more we will stay stagnate in my view.

Kennedy's had enough... he needs to be given a shot at competing again at the top level. Setterfield looks miles off it right now... a few weeks in the 2's will be good for his confidence and development.

Yep - if we want to talk development then we can't just keep having these guys languishing in the 2's. No one is saying we gift guys games but you need to keep their spirits up as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're due for a response, I reckon.

In: Jones, Cuningham, Plowman, Simpson, Lang, Kennedy
Out: Casboult, Gibbons, Macreadie, O'Brien, Murphy, Setterfield

Jones for Casboult is obvious.
Cuningham for Gibbons is obvious.
Plowman for Macreadie is obvious.
Simpson for O'Brien is obvious.
Lang for Murphy if unable to get up.

Kennedy for Setterfield is the difficult one. Someone has to go out for a bigger body through the midfield. Setterfield is a player for the future but he is extremely ineffective as a midfielder right now. If Kennedy doesn't throw the body in, he is straight out of the team.

How much better does the side look for those changes. The one difference I would make would be to give Lang another week in the 2's (28 touches against Frankston is hardly a massive claim) and bring Kennedy in for Murphy.

If your rewarding VFL stats then Lang, Fasolo and Kerr would be in.

Lang didn’t seem to do much but had it 28 times

Big enough body to play middle and Half forward and let’s face it....would take some pressure off Cripps, Dow, SPS etc

Why don’t they play the guy that they gave up
Pick 16 for 2 off seasons ago? 190cm 88 kg FFS

Who are you talking about? I assume it is Kennedy but we didn't give up pick 16 but instead pick 28.

How much better does the side look for those changes. The one difference I would make would be to give Lang another week in the 2's (28 touches against Frankston is hardly a massive claim) and bring Kennedy in for Murphy.

We just cannot lose by more than 5 goals in the next 4 weeks with these changes. Particularly if we keep bigger bodies around the football and allow the young players to use their speed and skill.

No excuses for the coaching staff, we'll have some decent senior players back into the team against some fellow awful opposition, make the necessary modifications ffs.

We just cannot lose by more than 5 goals in the next 4 weeks with these changes. Particularly if we keep bigger bodies around the football and allow the young players to use their speed and skill.

No excuses for the coaching staff, we'll have some decent senior players back into the team against some fellow awful opposition, make the necessary modifications ffs.

I really don't think we will. In fact by the time we play the Crows we will have 5 wins under our belt and have a good chance of getting our 6th against them.

I will admit I haven't seen the weekends game but I firmly believe our Collingwood form is a much better representation of where we are than out North or GWS form.

It should also be ntoerd that through 6 rounds no one had scored 100 points against us, then we lose Simpson, Newman, Jones, Plowman & Williamson out of our backline (although Newman came in this week) and we get 100 points 3 against 3 weeks in a row. It isn't coincidence.

In Kennedy, Plowman, Jones, Simmo, Cunners, Lang

Out: Murphy (inj) LOB, Casboult, Macredie, Gibbons, Stocker

We need senior bodies!!

Happy with those changes although not fussed if Lang comes in for Stocker.

Adding Jones, Simpson and Plowman back into defence with Newman, Thomas and Weitering gets us that solid base we had early in the year.

Not just the changes for me and getting some experience in but it's how we play them that is important IMO

With Simmo back along with Newman I would push Daisy forward. Forward line needs some guidance
Ed HAS to go back into the middle. We need his maturity and workrate
Kennedy into the middle
When Murphy comes back it's as a small forward. It's that or don't play
Lang to be tried as a small defender
Give players like Newman stints at centre bounces. Just to help Cripps
Backline of Weitering Jones Plowman Simpson Newman hopefully Willo needs to continue to play together
Youngsters like Setterfield to do some tagging roles as education
Charlie needs time up the ground
Stocker up forward/mid when he plays
O'Brien plays as an attacking wing when he plays
Gibbons is a mid or nothing

Yeah, Fisher and Silvagni are definitely the first dropped...

Fisher has done sweet fk all this season. He is a skinny midget who playing against players twice his size. No wonder Cripps is frustrated. We need bigger bodies like Kennedy in the middle.

It doesn't matter how talented you are. The boys twice your size will always win. Its like a ninth grader playing against a 12th grader.

The definition of insanity is doing the same crap over and over again and expecting different results. Our midfield is weak as pisssss and will always get bullied.

Didn’t we give 16 to the dogs with 28 (and another pick) coming back our way ?

Pretty sure they used that for a Schache (or however you spell it)

Forgot about that part, but we gave up 16 & 40 for 28, 30 (de Koning) and the bulldogs 2018 second rounder (part of McGovern deal?) so not exactly 16 for Kennedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back